• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
1)
uhh newayz the warcraft forum seems to be locked... so can anyone help me understand this wc3 problem? i downloaded off this site a bunch of spell but when i open the zip file its only a map with the spell in it so how do i take out the spell from that map and put it onto one of my units in my map?

2) I downloaded Wc3 viewer and i figured out how to import Blp.(skins) and put it on one of my units the problem is that u cant use the same port twice. i downloaded some skins off this site and there are more than 1 Blp. files so how can i make 2 attach to one unit?

Level 22
Not particularly a warm welcome to a new member, eh, Eusira? But yes, most answers can be found just looking through related threads.

But to answer your question, some models have multiple skin files. As long as you put them in your import manager with the proper paths, they will all work and you wont have to worry about conflicting files. As for normal skins, lets say you have a two footmen skins that you want to import but know that only one skin can share the 1 footman file path, thats where you have to do some .mdl editing and throw in an extra footman model with the new skin. Examine the tutorials or the stickies in the model section to learn how to do that.
-VGsatomi

Level 1
problem with my music

:( got some problems with my music it says

This application has encountered a critical error:

The file data is corrupt.

Program: c:\wariii\warcraft iii\war3.exe
File: Sound\Music\mp3Music\HeroicVictory.mp3

need some help :!:

Level 2
I may as well post my problem here too since this seems to be a more popular place to post my thoughts

i made about 20 custom units on my wc3 map. i just copied a unit and pated him 20 times . however i canot see any of these units in my wc3 viewer or image extractor where are these units paths?

Status
Not open for further replies.