• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems with my Map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi,

Thanks for reading. I was wondering If you could take a look at my map and the triggers it has in it. Most importantly I seem to have broken the system that spawns a zombie when a citizen dies and this is vital to my map.

I have a thread here:

http://www.hive workshop.com/forums/f202/plague-fear-122632/

And I have been told it's OK to make another thread here and post a link to it.

Thanks again!
Sondar

Level 3
I have attachted a picture of the trigger, and you can download the map from the link which I posted in the first post.

Attachments

• spawn zombie trigger.jpg
    spawn zombie trigger.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 66
Level 3
Fair enough,

My main problem is that the system that spawns zombies when villagers die isn't working. A picture is included in my last post and if you want to see other triggers that might be affecting it then you can download the map from the link I posted in my first post.

Secondly, I'm sure theres alot of leaks and problems and things I realy shouldn't have done in my map at the moment. I would really appreciate it if you could download the map and have a quick look through the triggers.

Thanks again,
Sondar

Level 3
  • Events:
    • Unit - A Unit dies
      • Conditions:
        • (Unit type of (dying Unit)) equal to Villager Male
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions:
            • (Unit type of (dying Unit)) equal to Villager (Male2)
            • (Unit type of (dying Unit)) equal to Villager (Female)
            • (Unit type of (dying Unit)) equal to Villager (Child)
            • (Unit type of (dying Unit)) equal to Villager (Child (2))
    • Actions: Set temp_point = (Position of (Dying Unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Basic zombie for player 3 (teal) at temp_point facing default building degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_temp_point)
      • Unit - Order (Last Created Unit) to Attack (random unit from citizens)
      • Unit Group - Add (last created unit) to BasicZombie

It doesn't work because when the zombie kills a citizen, no zombie is spawned.

Level 3
Thank you!

It works! I hadn't tried it before because.. well gramatically it doesn't make any sense. Anyway, it works now!

Thanks again,
Sondar

Level 9
It does make sense, because in the global conditions it is used 'AND' -> that means all conditions must be true, else the actions are not executed.
And since the dying unit cannot be Vilager Male AND Villager (Female) at the same time, your trigger is screwed.

Good that you fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.