• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with Wc3 Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post, but eh, its the tech area so I assume the people here know better than I do. Whenever I try to take a screenshot in Wc3, it shows the fading yellow words "screen captured" and all seems to go ok. But then I exit out, open up my screenshot folder to check it out, and it comes up as a black screen!! If anyone could help me out that would be cool so I can get back to making screenshots for my map. Thanks in advance!!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Please post what graphic card you are using and what graphic driver options are on.

Antialiasing when turned on can cause your screenshots to totally mess up and look ugly and distorted or just not full size.
AA 4x = only top left of screen is captured
AA 8x = both top left and right are merged with interlasing
AA 16x = probably what is happening to you but I can not be sure as I do not own a DX10 high range graphic card

You can still save them manually by pasting them from your clipboard into a image aplication and then saving them though and this way is garunteed to not have any bugs while keeping it full quality.

In WE no bugs with AA should happen when taking screenshots, its only ingame that it happens.

Level 6
I am running a nvidia GeForce 7800 GTS video card; driver version 6.14.0011.6344 with Microsoft WIndows XP Home edition service pack 2; and my processor is an AMD Athlon 64 3500+, ~2.2GHz and 1280MB of RAM

Hope that helps. And yes, it is only happening in-game. Also, on that "paste to clipboard", do you mean just pressing the "Prt Scrn" button, then alt-tabbing out and then right-click paste into The Gimp(or another program, like Paint)?

As for anti-aliasing, I think I am on 16x, but I'll check.

EDIT: I looked at my Wc3 video settings, and I didn't see an anti-aliasing option. Also, I have everything full in the video options if that helps.

Level 15
Hope that helps. And yes, it is only happening in-game. Also, on that "paste to clipboard", do you mean just pressing the "Prt Scrn" button, then alt-tabbing out and then right-click paste into The Gimp(or another program, like Paint)?
Yes. In GIMP, you can also use Acquire -> From Clipboard to create a new image of your screen capture, if I remember correctly.

As for anti-aliasing, I think I am on 16x, but I'll check.

EDIT: I looked at my Wc3 video settings, and I didn't see an anti-aliasing option. Also, I have everything full in the video options if that helps.
Warcraft 3 doesn't offer any Anti Aliasing settings. You will need to check the nVidia control panel. You can get to it by either right-clicking on the nVidia icon in the system tray, or going to the windows Control Panel and accessing the nVidia control panel from there.

Level 1
I have another problem regarding screenshots, simply, for no apparent reason my WCIII will just keep taking screen shots over and over and lag the hell out of my game. I think it might have something to do with my keyboard as there are some random keys which seem to do it, like ALT though this is a generality rather than a rule.

I have turned off screenshots by deactivating the function in-game and even ripped off my bloody screenshot key, all to no avail.

I have a downloaded copy of the game although this is simply because I lost my actual cd, and I am currently using my legitimate CD-key.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone offer some help as to resolve this as it very frustrating to be playing a game that all of a sudden will start having seizures.

Level 1
Or just pull your keyboard plug out then back in.

Or, you could try to find a program that can take screenshots and such, usually comes with video screen recorders.

Status
Not open for further replies.