Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Problem with Multiplayer maps! What shall i do?

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Samo, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Samo

Samo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi Hive Workshop! This is my First post, and I need Help! :grin:
    Ok, here´s what i got:

I have a Multiplayer Capture the Flag Map with Heroes selection at Dota Style. What´s my newly bug? Ok, with only one human player it works fine., but when battling on battle net or LAN with other human players, i get the wierd bug that some players are randomly disconnected. I don´t think it is for lag, because I tried it on many Computers and it always happen the same! Well, if you could tell me some many things:

1 - Generally, why players get disconnected on Lan or Battle net Games? With this I might find the Reason for this bug.
    2 - What bugs generally happen on Multiplayer games which may disconnect human players?

I tride many V of my map, one with only one hero, other wiht No Ai, other with no Multiboard. It always happens the same.

Ok, this is my question. Please Help! :cry:

Well, I hope you Answer to my questions! See ya!:thumbs_up:

PD: If I can Fix this bug, my map is going to be realeased as asoon as possible!

2. FrostCyrus

FrostCyrus

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    This happened to me once. It was because I tried to do too much with the camera. It can also perhaps happen if you're trying to do too many things at the start of the map.

3. gavdaman88

gavdaman88

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The conditions checking if players are playing can act pretty weird sometimes for me also. I just make sure I experiment heaps with it with mates before I say its complete.

4. Samo

Samo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Omg

OMG! Im´s ure you´re right man! That condition may be bugging my map?... or maybe not XD. I will have to check it out. i will try a Version without the other things I haven´t tested on, and I will look what the hell is going on. I´m sure it is something related to Players, because if there was a brutal bug for single player maps, my machines, which is very, but very slow would have to have Incredible Lag! But no, I have tested it on Single player and Lan and it works fine. It only bugs when in multiplayer.

Hope I find the Bug, Thnx!

EDIT: Now that I remember, Yes, I´m doing lots of things with the Camera. I Pan it, Apply a new one and reset it to default. i will put no animation(but now it will look ugly T_T, but doesn´t matters, i need this fixed :) ,
    Ok, thanks again! I´m sure i will post a Beta Soon

5. Xarwin

Xarwin

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

Disconnections are mostly found by bugs in the triggers or corrupted models/files.
    In this case, it might be you're using a trigger that is LEAKING like hell, which disconnects the players after a while.
    Another reason could be a trigger that isn't functioning very well.

Maybe this will help you.

6. Samo

Samo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thnx

Thanks, Now that is a gooood tutorial. I{ll try to reduce every lag possible. Now I{m sure Samo{s CTF is going to be released soon.. See ya!:infl_thumbs_up:

7. Mythran

Mythran

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey Samo, I'm having the same exact problem you had, and I also have a Tavern Hero selection system. How did you solve this? Thanks.

8. Samo

Samo

Resources:
    Resources:
    How did I do it?

Simple. I was using many Camera Triggers when selecting Hero. I deleted them and it all worked fine!

9. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Did you use the function "GetLocalPlayer"? It is probably one of the most desyncy functions out there if not used properly.

10. Mythran

Mythran

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks, I fixed the problem. In my case I was storing way too many creeps at the beginning of the game (to revive them later). I changed that to a more efficent respawning system.