• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with Multiplayer maps! What shall i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi Hive Workshop! This is my First post, and I need Help! :grin:
Ok, here´s what i got:

I have a Multiplayer Capture the Flag Map with Heroes selection at Dota Style. What´s my newly bug? Ok, with only one human player it works fine., but when battling on battle net or LAN with other human players, i get the wierd bug that some players are randomly disconnected. I don´t think it is for lag, because I tried it on many Computers and it always happen the same! Well, if you could tell me some many things:

1 - Generally, why players get disconnected on Lan or Battle net Games? With this I might find the Reason for this bug.
2 - What bugs generally happen on Multiplayer games which may disconnect human players?

I tride many V of my map, one with only one hero, other wiht No Ai, other with no Multiboard. It always happens the same.

Ok, this is my question. Please Help! :cry:

Well, I hope you Answer to my questions! See ya!:thumbs_up:

PD: If I can Fix this bug, my map is going to be realeased as asoon as possible!

Level 2
Omg

OMG! Im´s ure you´re right man! That condition may be bugging my map?... or maybe not XD. I will have to check it out. i will try a Version without the other things I haven´t tested on, and I will look what the hell is going on. I´m sure it is something related to Players, because if there was a brutal bug for single player maps, my machines, which is very, but very slow would have to have Incredible Lag! But no, I have tested it on Single player and Lan and it works fine. It only bugs when in multiplayer.

Hope I find the Bug, Thnx!

EDIT: Now that I remember, Yes, I´m doing lots of things with the Camera. I Pan it, Apply a new one and reset it to default. i will put no animation(but now it will look ugly T_T, but doesn´t matters, i need this fixed :) ,
Ok, thanks again! I´m sure i will post a Beta Soon

Level 19
1 - Generally, why players get disconnected on Lan or Battle net Games? With
this I might find the Reason for this bug.
2 - What bugs generally happen on Multiplayer games which may disconnect human players?

Disconnections are mostly found by bugs in the triggers or corrupted models/files.
In this case, it might be you're using a trigger that is LEAKING like hell, which disconnects the players after a while.
Another reason could be a trigger that isn't functioning very well.

Maybe this will help you.

Level 2
Thnx

Disconnections are mostly found by bugs in the triggers or corrupted models/files.
In this case, it might be you're using a trigger that is LEAKING like hell, which disconnects the players after a while.
Another reason could be a trigger that isn't functioning very well.

Maybe this will help you.

Thanks, Now that is a gooood tutorial. I{ll try to reduce every lag possible. Now I{m sure Samo{s CTF is going to be released soon.. See ya!:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 1
Hey Samo, I'm having the same exact problem you had, and I also have a Tavern Hero selection system. How did you solve this? Thanks.

Level 2
How did I do it?

Simple. I was using many Camera Triggers when selecting Hero. I deleted them and it all worked fine!

Level 1
Thanks, I fixed the problem. In my case I was storing way too many creeps at the beginning of the game (to revive them later). I changed that to a more efficent respawning system.

Status
Not open for further replies.