1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Problem with lighting

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by gusanomental, May 14, 2016.

1. gusanomental

gusanomental

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I tried everything and I can't make my models use 'midnight' lighting unless I save and load the game. Any suggestion?

2. Alright

Alright

Resources:
    Resources:
    Be more specific.

What do you mean by the lightning? Are you talking about the weather? Is it triggered? Did you import it? What did you do? etc.

3. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Fading could work sometime but what do you mean when save and load the game?

Or changing a model lighting using Light Event with War3 Model Editor I'm not sure this is what he reffer!?

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You can alter the lighting used by WorldEdit under Scenario->Map Preferences... then in the Prefs tab setting the Time of Day field to be the lighting you want. In your case it is Fixed - Midnight.

This will not affect in game, only the editor. If you want the lighting stuck at midnight lighting permanently while still allowing day/night cycles then you will need to import custom environmental light models and force the game to use them with triggers.

5. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think he is referring to the lightning not showing in editor?

Well there are really limits in editor and DSG suggestion should work.

6. gusanomental

gusanomental

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    These pics are when I start the game and after I load a savegame respectively. I haven't changed anything in graphic options, set time of day to 0.00, turned the day/night cycle off, fixed Midnight in map properties.

I'd like the map to start as in the second pic if possible.

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      125.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      94.2 KB
      Views:
  7. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did you use triggers for this like what DSG said?

8. gusanomental

gusanomental

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your reply. Could you tell me one trigger as an example? There's no day/night cycle in my map so idk if it's really needed. And still wondering why the lighting changes after I load a savegame.

9. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It might use a different environment model. For example it might load saves as Lordaeron Summer or whatever the default is. WC3 save/load is absolutely terrible as far as accurate state reproduction goes so I would not rule out such nonsense.

Here is an example of the JASS called by the game to initialize the environment models.
    Code (vJASS):

call SetDayNightModels( "Environment\\DNC\\DNCLordaeron\\DNCLordaeronTerrain\\DNCLordaeronTerrain.mdl", "Environment\\DNC\\DNCLordaeron\\DNCLordaeronUnit\\DNCLordaeronUnit.mdl" )

Each of these models contains animated lights which change in brightness and colour to represent the changing time of day.

It is also possible that if you disable time of day at map initialization then the light animation may fail to run as the animation engine has not started yet so it is stuck in the initial, midday, stage of the light. Try disabling time of day after 0.01 seconds or even 10 seconds to see if it makes a difference.

10. gusanomental

gusanomental

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks, solved. It was so simple: lighting was certainly changing to Lordaeron's after loading.

11. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Might be worth filing this in the patch forum. Lighting should not change between save and load.