• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PrinceYaser's Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Hivers!

Wanted to share my art. Other works are coming...
Comments and Criticisms are welcome.
pyart01-jpg.265486

pyart02-jpg.266250

pyart03-jpg.266501

maxwell-png.273264

dagger-png.276370
guldan-png.276372

arthas-png.272891
arthas-png.272899

girl-png.276610

girlsketch-png.276611

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

Can't wait to see more awesome stuff of yours :D i'm subscribing this <3
(Be sure to subscribe my portfolio too :b)

Level 49
about landscape - give some attention to a drawing tutorials about depth. General rule is that things on the foreground are darkener, detalised and contrasted, and things are on a background are brither, pale and undetailed. That means a loss of details and colors. Your mountain is too much detailed, cuz of that seems to be closer than it should be. Overall accurate work, i love it.

Last edited:
Level 28
about landscape - give some attention to a drawing tutorials about depth. General rule is that things on the foreground are darkener, detalised and contrasted, and things are on a background are brither, pale and undetailed. That means a loss of details and colors. Your mountain is too much detailed, cuz of that seems to be closer than it should be. Overall accurate work, i love it.
Hah, this is pretty much related to what I told you in your Dead Land terrain thread: you need to work on making your backgrounds look like backgrounds. But hey that was nice anyway, keep practicing!

Level 49
The internet hardly corrupted me. This island on background looks like a whale penis..

Also, i again drag your attention, that things on the background should be brighter and undefinded. Things on foreground darken, detailed and contrasted. Look on your flowers. That is a thing i call "lack of detail" and "messy style". Also, the image hardly needs contrasted shading. Without shadows it looks flat and blocky. There are lack of shading on flower pots, on floor, on partitions. And also - never ever hurry when you draw. Some things on the image look so messy because you hurry to finish them. Believe my expirience - once you try to draw something faster than it comes good - you give yourself an permission to draw badly and quickie. Always think twice when you touch a image and jf some details need a 4 hours to give it a good look - give it 4 hours. There is no any solution to make a great art within small time. You will hate yourself for hurrying on drawing.

And also - there is totally no reason to draw water if you don't want to draw waves and water texture. Because if you dont draw it - it looks like a plain space and just a blue kind of floor.

Overall is a nice try, but you need far more practice and before starting from complex images you need learn a lot of things about shaping, shading and coloring. Visit youtube and search for "coloring tutorials", "perspective tutorials" etc. That things with proper practice will greatly improve your drawing skill within a month.

Last edited:
The internet hardly corrupted me. This island on background looks like a whale penis..
What a great corruption! :D
lso, i again drag your attention, that things on the background should be brighter and undefinded. Things on foreground darken, detailed and contrasted. Look on your flowers. That is a thing i call "lack of detail" and "messy style". Also, the image hardly needs contrasted shading. Without shadows it looks flat and blocky. There are lack of shading on flower pots, on floor, on partitions. And also - never ever hurry when you draw. Some things on the image look so messy because you hurry to finish them. Believe my expirience - once you try to draw something faster than it comes good - you give yourself an permission to draw badly and quickie. Always think twice when you touch a image and jf some details need a 4 hours to give it a good look - give it 4 hours. There is no any solution to make a great art within small time. You will hate yourself for hurrying on drawing.

And also - there is totally no reason to draw water if you don't want to draw waves and water texture. Because if you dont draw it - it looks like a plain space and just a blue kind of floor.

Overall is a nice try, but you need far more practice and before starting from complex images you need learn a lot of things about shaping, shading and coloring. Visit youtube and search for "coloring tutorials", "perspective tutorials" etc. That things with proper practice will greatly improve your drawing skill within a month.
Thanks for the review, man! But I must fix my words. Well, This wasn't my recently(or new)work, this was an old work. Other than that, I will use these reviews in my future works. For now, sharing the old works feels better.... :)

Level 28
I second what Peekay said, plus I'd also tell you to avoid the visual repetition of the top left part of the painting - it looks really strange. The best part is the most foreground flowers, they look nice and the perspective is okay. However your background hill is so smooth and sleek that it looks more like a blue balloon than a mountain =P But that was an old work, I guess this won't happen again in your more recent ones.

Level 10
I'd like to add this. A WIP of an unfinished work with mouse. An exercise of using different brushes.

wip-png.287992

You have a decent amount of pieces of artwork. I'd like to understand, what is represented in the last WIP?

Otherwise, you did a good exercise, the sky is mostly creating the whole atmosphere and I would like to see this WIP finished, and other ones also. )

You have a decent amount of pieces of artwork.
Thanks! :]
I'd like to understand, what is represented in the last WIP?
That's an old art and I wasn't too much specific in that time. So, I wanted to exercise anatomy and position of a human, but the result became like a Gorilla. XD
Otherwise, you did a good exercise, the sky is mostly creating the whole atmosphere and I would like to see this WIP finished, and other ones also. )
Thank you! I might redraw it when I got a tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.