1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Pretty Simple Request

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Azzhay, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Azzhay

Azzhay

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im looking for a model for a "Crystal Tree"

Basicly what i need is a tree based off the Northrend Tree (Dead w/o leafs) and colored/transparent like the Crystal Golem & Dragon Models here on the site...

I will give credit, and please try to make it small w/o any custom textures.

Thanks

2. Alvatar

Alvatar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Try recolor skin with some alpha chanelled color

(sry, I can not help you more)

3. Eleandor

Eleandor

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't know if this would give a good effect, but download the crystal dragon model, and take the .blp (the texture that makes it look crystal)

then extract the northrend tree from your MPQ (using MPQ master, it's here on the site under tools), and convert it to a .mdl (another tool here downloadable). then just change the path into the name of the texture you previously downloaded. Then convert the model back into .mdx, and import your model and the downloaded texture. (and give credits to the autor of your 'stolen' texture if you're using this online)

4. Azzhay

Azzhay

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't even know how to edit models and stuff like that... i never even touched that... and it doesn't need custom textures, it's already in the game...

5. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    im not sure if you can set trees to have tints and transparencies in triggers. but give it a try and tell me if it works.

6. Azzhay

Azzhay

Resources:
    Resources:
    I suck with triggers too lol...

Im just REALLY good with terrains... and unit editor.

7. Cowss2

Cowss2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well you might wanna play around with some Animation/Destrucable triggers.