1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Predator.blp

Submitted by -Grendel
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Well basically a remake of my old texture that is based off to Predator. i'm quite happy on how this turned out.
I removed the weapon so that you can attach any weapon of your choice.

well....here you go, enjoy and give credits to me if you use this dickhead.

UPDATE! ::
~Fixed the wrap on his shoulders, thanks for pointing that out sHiiK.
~re-done the arm texture, as you can see he has more details on his tentacles now
~added more texture to the metal, the armor now has a scratchy "feel"
~lightened up the eyes

hmmm.....what more....oh yeah, more shadows on tentacles

Keywords:
predator, alien, avp, faceless, faceless technology,
Contents

Predator (Texture)

Assets
Reviews
09:20, 22nd Sep 2010 shiiK: Wrap is fixed. This looks a lot more appealing, as well. You could still improve the shading, but this is definitely of acceptable quality! Good work. shiiK: This looks good, and with a few tweaks it will be accepted....
  1. 09:20, 22nd Sep 2010
    shiiK: Wrap is fixed. This looks a lot more appealing, as well. You could still improve the shading, but this is definitely of acceptable quality! Good work.

14:37, 21st Sep 2010
    shiiK: This looks good, and with a few tweaks it will be accepted. There's a few glitches in the wrap, resulting in holes in the model. Those need to be fixed before I accept this. I'd also like to see more shading and more texture.

Detailed Review

2. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    for those who will ask, NO i am not quitting in HoN skins, i'm just taking a break to it.

3. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    More team color? Yellow eyes are... weird. I suggest red or creepy green ones. His claws could be defined a little more, mostly because they draw look first. The nose part could use some more shading, it's taking the most of the portrait look and doesn't looks nice at the moment. That sick pink color is killing me, I don't know why. I think it's too monotone, maybe try out some more dramatic colors. Same for the metal parts, they could use some better coloring. And, um, whats that green thing on top left corner of the skin?

Overall, the skin is well conceited, and is creative. For that, I give your skin rating of 4, but will add more if changed.

4. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Extensive review:

* Shading
    There's not a lot of shading on this, and that makes it look flat. You need to use more dynamic shading (both for each particular part of armour and globally - daylight will light up certain parts more than others, use the model to find out where).

* Colour
    Your colouring is weak and edges to monotone, try to make at least some more saturated colours to make it look more interesting. Try not to contrast too much from the average WCIII skin when it comes to saturation.

* Concept
    Quite original to make a predator out of the Faceless model, but beyond that, there's not much new to this. There's quite a few other skins, for this model, on this site that will look very similar in-game.

* Detail
    Some parts are decently detailed, while others are lacking. Parts that are particularly visible in game should get the focus on details. For instance, you should add some detail to his tentacles (perhaps pick some inspiration from the predator's skin), right now they look like clay. His face is shown in the portrait, you shouldn't leave areas open; at least add some texture to the metal.

* Wrap
    His shoulders have holes in them, between the team-coloured area and the border of the pad, so that you can see the terrain through the model, you should fix that.
    Otherwise, the texture seems to wrap seamlessly.

5. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I think the whole skin should be darker a bit with more highlights :]

6. Zealon

Zealon

Resources:
    Resources:
    A predator!!!!! Thank you so much Ampharos, I love this!!! +rep
    predators are so awesome!!

7. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    lol your avatar inspired me to do this

8. Zealon

Zealon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are you serious! Sweet :goblin_yeah:

EDIT:
    I still say sweet :goblin_yeah:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  9. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    meh, i have an old predator skin here, and what i mean is your avatar inspired me to remake it

10. Zealon

Zealon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Btw you used my user title on the screenshot :D

11. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    hm.. how to explain... your skin has some cool details..but the shading and highlights on it are off..

perhaps you could take a look at overall shadows and highlights on the faceless skin and try to apply them in a similar place, in a similar way..

for an example.. a light hits the shoulderpad straight from a bove, so it has a good highlight along the upper edge, then it fades into texture, and then the shadows fade in about 1/4 to the bottom part of the shoulderpad. then after that.. shadows continue a bit down the shoulder, since it is covered :3

12. -Peper-

-Peper-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Cool! I know somewhere there are predator archimonde model skin, but it's a mess.
    This is the real deal!
    BTW, the original tentacle-like-mouth has changed to pipes? Cool!
    Rep+

13. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    the tentacle on his head are the predator's braids, if i remember it correctly from the movie. thanks for the cpmments evryone

14. Zealon

Zealon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually they are called dreadlocks, and are like hair for them.

15. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    then dreadlocks if its dreadlocks :p

16. Zealon

Zealon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yay, approved! Thanks for re-doing this fragment of awesome ;)

17. Kazzo

Kazzo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Nice job here dude its a awesome convertion,the void model its a neat choice at my point,the mask is really good also the armour and the well maybe you can do a new Hon skin :p
    Back on topic i vote 4/5 and +rep good job sir!

18. Traxamillion

Traxamillion

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Predator? Oh like Elenai. Pedotor

19. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    He's not a dickhead. Quite the contrary; he has a pussy for a mouth :) Nice work.