Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Maker, Jan 31, 2011.
Great song, Great map!
After 2 days Download this,
EDIT: WHY YOU! ARGH, I CAN'T USE THE LICH AND BATTLE MAGE! WHY!!!!????
Heyyy! How is this project?
cant find any wrong with anything atm, nice visual effect and nice terain rep+
Hey, did you influenced the name from Iron Maiden?
It is on hold for the moment, but I'm trying to continue it.
If you need help, motivation, whatever, I would like to help.
terrain, spells eye candies really, also projectile system but a question, u must use timer and linked list each archer who fire out a arrow? what happen with real arrow? removed model?
Finally... FINALLY HE ANSWERED TO THE MOST VITAL QUESTION!!11111 HE REALLY FINALLY DID IT!!11 NOW I FEEL MYSELF READY FOR TESTING/HELPING THIS OUT REALLY!
I need spell ideas for the Battlemage and the Knight so I can have all the three heroes available for the next version. If you have any ideas, please share. I can't continue before I have all the heroes available.
- Some destruction spell: Something like, fireball, lightning strike, frost nova etc
- Some restoration spell: Heal, rejuvenation, restoration, spell shield, damage shield etc
- Some stat bust spell: Enchant armor, weapon, stats, skills etc
- Well because he can be fighter or healer, his the most powerful spell should be destruction or restoration based.
(Can be both offensive or defensive character, maybe you can combine both or just base spells on target, example some destruction spell can heal if casted on friendly unit).
- Some good armor bonus, damage reflection like spell (can be cast on friendly u as well)
- Some aura that increase stats and shit. (can be cast on friendly u as well)
- Some attack boost power (can be cast on friendly u as well)
- His the most powerful spell could be AOE based spell that increase stats or deal massive heal or something to group of units.
(Should be more enchanter than healer but at the other side not destruction based character).
Im bored, so here:
1. Mana to Power - X percent mana is depleted, while x percent is added to the attack damage for x seconds.
2. Batter - Gangs up on a unit, dealing multiple blows in a short amount of time. Deals (attack damage * strength) / int damage. Stunned for a few seconds after.
3. Battlefocus - Channels his energy on a the next x blows. The next x blows would be x percent stronger, but cost x mana per blow. If his mana is insufficient to for the spell, he stops it.
4. Essence Drain - His attacks would drain small amounts of mana from the enemy unit.
5. Grip - For x seconds, all damage would be dealt to his mana instead of his hp.
6. Flare Absorb - Fires a flare of mana to the target point. It drains the mana of all nearby units. He may not do anything or may not do any order. Lasts x seconds.
7. Magic Boom - The battlemage channels his mana into the target area. After a few seconds, it bursts filled with energy from his mana. Deals damage depending on his mana when casted. No mana cost, high cd.
He utilizes his Mana to Power ability to make his attacks and spells stronger. You dont really need to click n click the spells here. As said in the main post, he relies on his melee capabilities. It would be better to give a low mana/hp regen and low armor.
1. Armor Break - Disregards any kind of armor and can deal more damage on a normal strike.
2. Bloodthirst -
Passive Effect = For every unit the Undead Knight kills, he gains a Blood Counter, which is stored at his Blood Pool.
Active Effect = When casted, he restores x * number of Blood Counters. It removes all Blood Counters. While in this state, he gets a temporary Berserk.
3. Blessing of the Nether - When casted, his armor is blessed with dark energies. This make any attacker get a small dps.
4. Blood Slam - Cloaks his blade with small blood then slams the ground. It spills blood over affected units and make them give 2 Blood Counters instead of a single Blood Counter. Deals x * number Blood Counters. Removes x Blood Counters.
5. Hyperions Roar - Roars in an immense volume, deafening affected units in a straight line. It makes all units within x units of the Death Knight in a straight line have reduced armor and may have fear. Fear makes affected units unable to strike and flee upon hit.
6. Bloodbath - For the cost of depleting all his mana, the Death Knight deals one hit ko to all units lower than level x. Costs all Blood Counters.
7. Heavens Fall - Makes a large portion of dark energy above the target area. After a few seconds, he slams the ground with dark energy. Deals massive damage. Costs x Blood Counters.
8. Offer - By the cost of all Blood Counters, The Death Knight summons a Demonic Beast to fight for his side. The Beast lasts x seconds and has Breath of Fire, Taunt, Thunder Clap, Bloodlust and Spell Immunity.
Relies on Blood Counters to nuke enemies. Can survive for a long time and deal big damage. It would be better to give him low mana and mana regen, but high armor and attack damage. Good on crowd control.
This looks amazing but I was only able to select the middle guy as a hero. The other two guys didn't have a yellow cross in their command bar :/
Edit: oh lol. I see that your working on the other two...move along then lol
I tried this out and it was really cool, so I'll help ya out with some ideas
The Battlemage is an explosive fighter. With powerfull and mana intensive spells, he must juggle between using Arcane Orb and Destroy Mana to maintain his mana reserves.
Arcane Orb: Throws an electric orb in the target direction. The orb explodes on impact with an enemy unit, dealing X damage in 150/200/250/300 AoE, and spawning 3/4/5/6 smaller orbs flying in random directions that deal Y damage to the first target they hit.
Destroy Mana: The Battlemage instantly destroys X mana in the target, taking it for himself. The destruction of the target's magical energies causes it to take damage equal to the mana destroyed and to become Charged, dealing Y damage every 1 second to nearby units for 10 seconds.
Magic Barrage: Passive ability. Each time the Battlemage casts another spell 2/3/4/5 small magic missiles erupt from him, seeking out random targets within 500 range. Each missile deals X damage.
Destructive Regeneration: Channel for 4/6/8 seconds, regenerating X health every second. Each 0.5 seconds spent channeling also triggers Magic Barrage.
Edit: It seems like you had some spell names for the battlemage already, but I hope you'll find these ideas somewhat usefull anyways!
This is an epic project there, Maker! Actually, IT'S THE BEST FUCKING THING I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY DAMN LIFE, MAN! KEEP IT GOING! I LOVE IT! +REP, man you deserve it (but first, i need to spread some... )!
But i can't understand one thing - is it a beta version? I mean - i start to play and i can't get out of the bottom left part of the map. Perhaps there are pathing blockers, or i have to do something with that Way Gate, i don't know... This is what makes me sad
It is not even a beta, it is an alpha version
So there is only limited area available.
Aha, i see! I have checked the full uploaded spell in the "Maps" section. I have post a comment there. Check it!
Where is the Castle... D:
If your looking for a beta tester, Id be happy to help
Good to hear. I'll PM you when there's something to test.
Now I just need to code some (6-8) spells so I can make all classes available and then progress with the story.
Separate names with a comma.