• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Powerslave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey do you have some kind of list like what theme and what kind of abilities you're searching?

The spells must fall under one or more of the following categories:

• cool
  • awesome
  • spectacular

In all seriousness, I don't mind at this point what kind of spells they are, as long as they are well done.

I'm looking for spells for the sword&board knight and the battlemage. They're both demons.

Level 37
I still need more information.

How many and what kind of spells you have now? How many spells you need?

For example I use in TCO this strategy:

- One single
- One AoE
- One Heal/Supportive
- One random(can be anything)
- One Ultimate

So what's your strategy? For example having only three Single or three Heal abilities would be really boring.

Level 37
Each hero should have 12 spells to choose from. Each hero can have 6 spells. For each spell slot, there are two choises.

Battlemage has

Black Hole (ulti)
-Sucks units toward the center in a spiralling movement and causes lightnings to strike from the center
Ground Slam
-AoE stun
Psionic Beam
-Fires 1-3 projectiles at enemies
Some shield aura
-Skulls rotate around the caster, the skulls detect nearby enemies, charge at them and return after a while stealing some of the health of the enemy to the caster
Rampage
-Lose control of the unit but gain lots of damage and attack speed

Demon Knight has

Shield Charge
-Charges forward and knocks back units
Multi hit
-Hits single target 5 times very quickly
Adrenaline
-Taking damage has change to give increased hp regen for a short duration
Penetrate armor
-Reduces enemy armor and causes damage over timee
Hammer of Hades (ulti)
-Channels a hovering hammer that attacks enemies and finally slams the ground
Pulverize
-Has a chance to deal a massive blow with a shield instead of the normal attack, hits multiple units

Level 37
I see so now you gave some spells that are already in the game, good.

So now you simple want some random spells, all kind of?

I start to understand how this is. Like you have 12 spells, player picks 6. Okay, fine. Does the player choose the spells at the beginning of game or when a new level for example?

Level 37
You gain skill points as you level up. At level 1 you have two skill points. Learning/leveling an ability costs a skill point.

You can unlearn abilities, but that costs revoke points. You get them as you level up, but not as many as skill points.

Choosing spells is always a trade off between two abilities. So it should be
singletarget-single target
buff-debuff
aoe-aoe
and so on

All heroes should have at least one AoE and one single target spell.

Level 37
Does your abilities have levels or just 1?

Okay I came up with these ideas very quickly. The names are not unique so think better names if you ever accept these ideas. Also the descriptions are with bad English but I'm here just to give you some ideas and inspiration.

Death Ball - Throws a death skull to a point that damages enemies it hits. After explosion the death ball will come back to the Battlemage healing it. Each enemy effected increases the heal by 25%(of the original damage).

=> So the idea is to throw it to a place with a lot of enemies.

Circle Balls - Every 5 second a ball start to spin around Battlemage up to 8 balls. The balls increases Battlemage's health regen by 10% each ball. Also the balls can be send forward dealing damage to enemies they hit.

=> If 8 balls, the balls go to all possible directions. So you need timing if you want to nuke with just few balls(because they spin all the time).

Death Shield - Casts a shield that will take damage instead of Battlemage.

Illusion - Creates a copy of Demon Knight that deals 100%, but takes five times more damage. Also the illusion cannot cast spells.

=> If with levels you can make it like either more illusions, the illusion gets more powerful or something passive with the ability.

Tornado - Creates a tornado around Battlemage for 10 seconds. Small enemies near Battlemage start to spin too taking double damage and bigger enemies just 1x damage and doesn't move.

Resurrect - Resurrects the target ally if it dies with full health and mana. Can be cast to itself but restores only 50%.

Snipe - Shoots a deadly something that deals more damage further it is shot.

Level 37
I coded my own inventory. I'm not fully aware of all the features of Anachron's system. The inventory layout is heavily inspired by his system. I decided to create my own since I enjoyed the challenge and I needed it to be compatible with all my other custom systems.

The project is alive by the way. I've recently done some fixes/changes:

• Fixed instant kills from spells, spells dealt 100 timer more damage than they were supposed to
  • Fixed dummy skeletons randomly spawning
  • Changed fonts and font colours to be more readable
  • Started the process of making all three heroes available
  • Coded another system that I've never seen in any other map
  • Added support for adusting camera with arrow keys
  • Better automatic camera rotation
  • Added support for free camera mode
  • I now have some spell ideas

I'm trying to get this new updated version out within a month but can't say anything for sure.

Level 19
Just quoting my ideas, if you ever need them.

Im bored, so here:
Battlemage:

1. Mana to Power - X percent mana is depleted, while x percent is added to the attack damage for x seconds.
2. Batter - Gangs up on a unit, dealing multiple blows in a short amount of time. Deals (attack damage * strength) / int damage. Stunned for a few seconds after.
3. Battlefocus - Channels his energy on a the next x blows. The next x blows would be x percent stronger, but cost x mana per blow. If his mana is insufficient to for the spell, he stops it.
4. Essence Drain - His attacks would drain small amounts of mana from the enemy unit.
5. Grip - For x seconds, all damage would be dealt to his mana instead of his hp.
6. Flare Absorb - Fires a flare of mana to the target point. It drains the mana of all nearby units. He may not do anything or may not do any order. Lasts x seconds.
7. Magic Boom - The battlemage channels his mana into the target area. After a few seconds, it bursts filled with energy from his mana. Deals damage depending on his mana when casted. No mana cost, high cd.

He utilizes his Mana to Power ability to make his attacks and spells stronger. You dont really need to click n click the spells here. As said in the main post, he relies on his melee capabilities. It would be better to give a low mana/hp regen and low armor.

Undead Knight

1. Armor Break - Disregards any kind of armor and can deal more damage on a normal strike.
2. Bloodthirst -
Passive Effect = For every unit the Undead Knight kills, he gains a Blood Counter, which is stored at his Blood Pool.
Active Effect = When casted, he restores x * number of Blood Counters. It removes all Blood Counters. While in this state, he gets a temporary Berserk.
3. Blessing of the Nether - When casted, his armor is blessed with dark energies. This make any attacker get a small dps.
4. Blood Slam - Cloaks his blade with small blood then slams the ground. It spills blood over affected units and make them give 2 Blood Counters instead of a single Blood Counter. Deals x * number Blood Counters. Removes x Blood Counters.
5. Hyperions Roar - Roars in an immense volume, deafening affected units in a straight line. It makes all units within x units of the Death Knight in a straight line have reduced armor and may have fear. Fear makes affected units unable to strike and flee upon hit.
6. Bloodbath - For the cost of depleting all his mana, the Death Knight deals one hit ko to all units lower than level x. Costs all Blood Counters.
7. Heavens Fall - Makes a large portion of dark energy above the target area. After a few seconds, he slams the ground with dark energy. Deals massive damage. Costs x Blood Counters.
8. Offer - By the cost of all Blood Counters, The Death Knight summons a Demonic Beast to fight for his side. The Beast lasts x seconds and has Breath of Fire, Taunt, Thunder Clap, Bloodlust and Spell Immunity.

Relies on Blood Counters to nuke enemies. Can survive for a long time and deal big damage. It would be better to give him low mana and mana regen, but high armor and attack damage. Good on crowd control.

I spend 14 months on my FullScreenInventory system, what makes you think it's required to remake it? I fixed a ton of wc3 bugs (double pickup bug, icon glitches, double/invalid event fire) which you haven't experienced yet.

I am not saying you should use my system, but I am saying why not check if it fits your need before reinventing the wheel? I am pretty sure you can get A LOT OF TIME back by importing it.

You can do item sets that stack multiple times per unit! Up to 3 attachments per item too. I am sure sooner or later you will enjoy working with it, just like I did it.

(You can even bind it to a new UI easily, since I seperated UI from core feature implementation)

I spend 14 months on my FullScreenInventory system, what makes you think it's required to remake it? I fixed a ton of wc3 bugs (double pickup bug, icon glitches, double/invalid event fire) which you haven't experienced yet.

I am not saying you should use my system, but I am saying why not check if it fits your need before reinventing the wheel? I am pretty sure you can get A LOT OF TIME back by importing it.

You can do item sets that stack multiple times per unit! Up to 3 attachments per item too. I am sure sooner or later you will enjoy working with it, just like I did it.

(You can even bind it to a new UI easily, since I seperated UI from core feature implementation)
It's always easier to work with your own code.
I for example created inventory system on my own as well, true it sucks compared to yours, but it has all requirements I need.
Also items in general are linked to damage system, stats system and many other things, self coded as well. Point is it's easier and less troublesome to use your own resource.
Not to mention many useless code that is imported with public resource that may never been used.

Last edited:
Level 17
It's always easier to work with your own code.
I for example created inventory system on my own as well, true it sucks compared to yours, but it has all requirements I need.
Also items in general are linked to damage system, stats system and many other things, self coded as well. Point is it easier and less troublesome to use your own resource.
Not to mention many useless code that is imported with public resource that may never been used.

i also made my inventory but pretty hard to implent it somewhere if i already added alot damage related stuff/feature, thats why i dont use resource from spell section (and another thing i dont understand well the vjass and more time till i learn it than make my own system) :D

but still i dont got from where we got this subject since Anachron dont got quote or just post was deleted?

Level 2
Please change the font back to the regular wc3 font. It looks nice and all, but it makes it harder to read in conjunction with the colors usually put on it in the game. I had to squint to read the text on equipment, and it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.