• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Postponing" Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi there,

I have, for some time, had Windows, however I do NOT have a cd-key, so every 30 days I have reinstall the damn thing. Anyone know how to "postpone" the validating windows thing???

Level 36
This is a problem. You see, the CD key is basically what you're purchasing when you buy Windows. And every version of Windows comes with a CD key. If it did not, then the version you purchased was stolen, or you stole the actual copy itself.

Now then, there is no actual way to postpone the Validation without registering the copy of Windows with an illegal crack. As it is illegal, we wont discuss this bit.

You basically have several options:

1) Assuming that you purchased your version of Windows from a licensed dealer, etc, etc, you find the CD key printed on the case, the disk, or the box.

2) Assuming that you purchased a copy, but you do not have a CD key: Return your copy to the person you purchased it from and then repurchase it from a valid dealer.

3) Assuming you downloaded a copy: Buy the real version.

4) Alternative: Use Ubuntu with no support for Windows games.

Level 15
This is a problem. You see, the CD key is basically what you're purchasing when you buy Windows. And every version of Windows comes with a CD key. If it did not, then the version you purchased was stolen, or you stole the actual copy itself.

Now then, there is no actual way to postpone the Validation without registering the copy of Windows with an illegal crack. As it is illegal, we wont discuss this bit.

You basically have several options:

1) Assuming that you purchased your version of Windows from a licensed dealer, etc, etc, you find the CD key printed on the case, the disk, or the box.

2) Assuming that you purchased a copy, but you do not have a CD key: Return your copy to the person you purchased it from and then repurchase it from a valid dealer.

3) Assuming you downloaded a copy: Buy the real version.

4) Alternative: Use Ubuntu with no support for Windows games.

acutally i got warcraft 3 to run useing wine

and there is the comertal solution cegra (or sometin)

Level 15
It's called Cedega.

I must disagree about full support. While I completely agree that there are a number of Windows games that do not run well (if at all) under Linux, there are some that run perfectly. A friend of mine plays some Windows games at LAN parties on his Linux machines and no one can tell the difference. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.