• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Post Your Speedtest Results!

Level 13
yo.
5805492813.png

Officially broke the mobile broadband in Australia.
10:35 PM local time.
6340174400.png

Optus doubled the data for their max plan yesterday and bought one for myself.
Now I have 2 x 100GB (2 x AU$70). This is with bridging 2 connections (1 is shared mostly with just my brother).
It's still expensive for home use purposes, but not so long ago Australia sucked with wireless broadband (the only internet I had access to).

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

Meanwhile on the One on One Online Computer Shop (Where I work with my grandpa.)
6444406091.png

We've successfully installed Fibre for the last 4 years..

Level 35
Hmm glad to find this thread again, so since I last posted a speedtest result, my computer was utterly wrecked and could be considered basically out of commission to my great frustration. After a lot of troubleshooting (including a bios update, reset of all drivers, checking of all hardware and so forth), the issue turned out to be the NETGEAR driver for my wireless dongle (NETGEAR's drivers are known to function terribly with anything newer than win7, with issues ranging from deleting your network functionality which requires formatting the pc to fix, and as it did in my case; severe system instability, with constant crashes, fan trouble and more).

So the whole reason for that story is that my final fix to the situation was to buy a new dongle from another company, thus another driver as well. This solved every issue and changed my internet speed - So behold how spending 66 dollar on a dongle increased my download speed significantly and decreased my upload (oh and fixed my pc):

7116051146.png

Last edited:
Reactions: pyf