• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Post your map here for an In-Depth Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Okay, I was slated to play virus infection. However, I will not write a review for it because the game fataled as soon as it hit day for the 9th or 10th time.

I'm on a good and stable computer; it's the map's fault, especially since it happened exactly as the time of day changed. I played whichever version you had uploaded yesterday.

Anyway, the map is going back into the queue with the temporary score of 0.00. Please don't make me play maps that crash.
However, please do fix the numerous spelling and grammatical errors present in the map, and try not to make the body's auto-manufacture of pills so rigged. Three of the four virus attackers were annihilated without me, the only defender, having to do anything.

Level 9
i am thinking to post unprotected version of the map in the site and if some one wonna decide to continue it ... at the moment the problems are, as u say when day/night are changing a trigger give a error and i even don't know why (i release 0.40 i put 1 more cindition in this trigger but i don't belive to help) the other thing is as you say body defenders do nothing at all :zip: (i no have idea what to do about this) and yes there maybe have alot of gramars but i learn english alone at all not in school :wink:, maybe next month will post the unprotected version in the forums (hope some one to do it better than me)

Level 3
Dark Revenant. Why do you allow people to submit to you maps that are unfinished? The creators even know they are unfinished and yet still pile you with a list of unworthy material. It is a shame that you are wasting time on this. I suggest you skip unfinished maps altogether, or maps that are less than version 1.

Level 12
Question about few things. I am working on a game , and i may get done with it soon (1 or 2 months maybe).
To me a good review means a alot, as i feel it will have a impact on my game.
So i am trying to better understand what you mean with your rating system.

What do you mean by this?

Base Rating

Immersive - Does this mean, like how much you feel you are in the game. Like the environment and everything seems of the same tone (sorta speak).
Like if it were a dungeon game you wouldn't see the energizer bunny runner throw it?
Can you give me any more detail on this?

Optimized - Does this mean there is no noticeable in game? and no major leaks or no leaks what so ever?
Anything else for optimized?

Merits

Small File Size - How small for both merits? How small for one? Does it depend on the game?
Good cut scenes - Is a cut scene something you see as a clip that you watch in game? like a intro clip from a game like Uther party.

Demerits

No Documentation - None in Quest menu? or No Change log .txt file attached in zip?
Bad Imports - No idea what you mean, this mean poor quality imports?

Level 13
Dark Revenant. Why do you allow people to submit to you maps that are unfinished? The creators even know they are unfinished and yet still pile you with a list of unworthy material. It is a shame that you are wasting time on this. I suggest you skip unfinished maps altogether, or maps that are less than version 1.
while i agree some of these maps he shouldn't waste time on reviewing i don't think that just because a map is unfinished it's unworthy for him to review it. this is the map development forum so none of the maps should be completed if they are in here. if any of them are above version 1 in fact they should not be reviewed here. you've got it backwards.

anyway it sounds like it might be time for someone else to come along and offer to do what he was doing since school has become a lot of work for him lately...either that or we just need to wait until his season of hard work at school is over...

Level 12
Eh i mostly agree with you.

But i think its here because its to when you go to release your game after you done some testing. and just about release it , this is the last step basically someone to run throw out your game to make sure everything is as good as you would like it. and then from what he says , if you agree with him you change your game and then let it fly. :)

so in other words your both wrong, and i am right :) (lol just kidding)

Status
Not open for further replies.