• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Possible hints to D3 classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Lol, I dont wanna sound like a nerd but from all your guys' viewpoints about d2 I can see you were all pretty newb. You prolly never spent much time on battle net and focused more on single player. Druids AND Necromancers would both be slaughtered in no time on battle net if they even attempted to use summons. Summoning druids suck major balls, thats all there is to it. The only way you could make a druid that did shit was with elemental or transforming. Same with necros, their summons are PATHETIC and you would be raped in 2 seconds by a PnB/cursing necro. I am thinking as far as d3 classes go they will probably try and do something new and exciting rather than just sticking to the mold of the old games. I am hoping there is some sort of knight class that can summon a rideable horse that enhances his combat abilities for a skill.

lol b&.

Anyway you forget that the game is not about pvp :p. And the summoning the ridable horse thing is ripped right from the D&D paladin.

Druids AND Necromancers would both be slaughtered in no time on battle net if they even attempted to use summons.

Don't be such a D2 newb, lol. I strayed from the typical Necromancer and focused on cursing and tanking, aswell as boss killing and anti-paladin PvP skills.
I filled that nec with the uniques I could get my hands on and built my character around them.

Along with the rare items in the picture below, I always had my stash filled with full Rejuv. potions which I always kept up in numbers, aswell as arrows for my Bow, the rest of the space was filled with full Tomes and other Potions.
I kept three "% Chance to cast ability" Charms with me at all times, too.
When the time came to fight a Paladin with an equal level (50-60) I would fill my belt with these Rejuv. Potions, looting my Stash and keeping all of my other Rejuv. potions in my inventory and holding damage charms in my Cube for later.

Thanks to my specialized skills I could easily herd Paladins using my Fire Golem.
A few high-dmg Bone Spears to draw them away, then some Bone Spirits (+ Cast Rate Charms) with high damage, once the Paladin ran back, I would use Decrypify and Bone Prison, both of which were as high as I could get them at the time.
Aside from that, I did loads of damage when it came to bosses, using most of my mana to rush my way through to them, casting Decrypify when I had enough mana built up during the fight.

Attachments

• †-Revellion-†'s Personal D2 Rares.JPG
    †-Revellion-†'s Personal D2 Rares.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 159
Status
Not open for further replies.