• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

portraitless models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I god some models i want to use but in their portrait, all i got is just a black blank screen.

is there anyway i can change this to something revelant to the unit model that im trying to use?

Level 13
A portrait of a model only works if the modle came with a portrait. To make the portrait center on a different unit, just use the action Send Transmission from unit type instead of from unit, and select the unit you think is closest to the model imported.

Level 4
there is something i found...

with the thrallnowolf model, there is no portrait, so,, i opened the .mdx and extracted the regular thrall portrait from units\orc\thrall\thrall_portrait.mdx then i imported it and gave it the name wc3imported\thrallnowolf_portrait.mdx (corresponds with wc3imported\thrallnowolf.mdx) and it worked great :D only problem is, when the person made the model of him unmounted, they didnt give him his dreadlocks (has 2, more of ponytails) so its a bit dodgy...

so, if there is a model with no portrait, and a simmilar model already exists, try exporting a portrait model

hope i helped :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.