• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Portrait Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I attempted to make a frost spawn model from the lava spawn model to go with General Frank's ice crown overlord model. All i did was replace textures used and edited colours in node manager and geoset animation editor using war3 model editor.
In game the model looks alright however the portrait looks as follows:
portrait.jpg

here is the model (playing stand animation in war3 model editor):
model.jpg

Anyone know why this portrait thing happens?

1 you did not edited the model's portrait model and you obviously did not imported it as well.

or

2 Your model has no inner camera.

You can do either 2 things. 1 Edit the model's portrait model as well, or 2 open magos editor, open the model and make it play the stand -1 animation, then open the camera menu, set your view in the way you want the portrait to look like, then right click in the camera menu, and finally click "create camera from view". This should fix it.

Level 17
that would be it. Or you could model the face and use the photo as a texture if youre so inclined.

Of course, if you use a photo, you need the right angle for the camera, and once thats done you can use any photo I suppose. Personally I think the make a model of the face idea could be fun and I'll have toi try it sometime. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.