• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[POLL] Should we still mod for the Classic or for Reforged?

Which version do you prefer to mod?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I think I made my point clear enough that most can convert to PBR with little to no hand painting textures required. I'm bored of this. Tutorial is posted above.

I think I made my point clear enough that most can convert to PBR with little to no hand painting textures required. I'm bored of this. Tutorial is posted above.
Most people don't know how to delete a simple geoset from a model. Saying texture editing where some level of hand painting is involved is easy, is just ridiculous.

Expecting the same people who hasn't learned how to delete a simple geoset to learn, as you called it, next gen texture editing is even more ridiculous.

Level 8
Kinda done with classic wacraft 3 modding, I was really looking forward to reforged, but I actually thought we'd have a new and updated editor, wasn't there talk of a model editor in there? support for more button-triggers in gui? (you know like we have up,down,left,right atm)

Game feels like when steam had the early-alpha-game spree, where everyone wanted to get paid asap... But blizzard is a million-dollar empire, why do they need this? It's just bad marketing for them :(

idk anymore, we'll see if it gets more attractive. It's a bit too worrying to start a project now, i see no guarantee that things will get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.