POLL: Should the campaign ~The Fate of Ashenvale~ be released on Hive?

Should the campaign ~The Fate of Ashenvale~ be released on Hive?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Level 16
This is a poll in which you can decide:
''should the campaign The Fate of Ashenvale be released on the Hiveworkshop.''
Our community must be the force that decides!

The outcome decision will be made according to the option (YES or NO) with most votes.
You have 3 weeks to vote and give your opinion.
If ''YES'' is with most votes then the campaign will be released on Hive, if ''NO'' is with the most votes, then it will never be released.

P.S. Your opinion and vote matters.
Thank you for your time!

Level 17
What do you mean by this question? I thought that you originally posted it on hive, but it was restricted by the map reviewers.

So is your question, if you should post it again so they can restrict it x2, or are you saying you will try to modify it so the map reviewers will accept it.

I voted yes anyway, even though I hope you mean the 2nd meaning.

Level 17
I actually mean the community should decide if the campaign must be approved on Hive, not the ''map reviewers'' (admins).
So if most answers are YES, then it just has to be approved.
Ha-ha, that is the worst possible meaning.

I mean, the first meaning I mentioned = annoying the map reviewers.
Second meaning I mention = modifying the campaign.

But your third meaning is to force approval via community vote? I don't think that will ever happen.

How about an option for the development of the High Elf campaign to continue?

Level 16
Ha-ha, that is the worst possible meaning.

I mean, the first meaning I mentioned = annoying the map reviewers.
Second meaning I mention = modifying the campaign.

But your third meaning is to force approval via community vote? I don't think that will ever happen.

How about an option for the development of the High Elf campaign to continue?

I am actually looking for a team of map makers for the High Elf campaign. I have the story, but don't have the triggers and stuff.

@tulee

I actually mean the community should decide if the campaign must be approved on Hive, not the ''map reviewers'' (admins).
So if most answers are YES, then it just has to be approved.

I'm afraid to tell you that when it comes to resource approval this site is not a democracy and with good reason, this isn't EpicWar here we have certain standards and guidelines to be upheld which our moderators do and quite ably so imo.

If your campaign has been rejected then the moderator/reviewer will have give a list of reasons why, if you take this feedback on board and make the appropriate changes then the campaign will have no problems being approved :)

Best of luck and hope the campaigns go well.

Level 17
I am actually looking for a team of map makers for the High Elf campaign. I have the story, but don't have the triggers and stuff.
Well, hope it goes well. I think in the history of hiveworkshop "team creating a campaign", most examples have not been successful, at least based on the posts in the recruitment /idea section of map development. Maybe your case will be different.

Anyway, can I ask what the map reviewer required in order for Ashenvale campaign to be approved? Is it small edits, or the entire story. I have always thought that that campaign's terrain was a great example of beautiful landscape.

Level 16
Well, hope it goes well. I think in the history of hiveworkshop "team creating a campaign", most examples have not been successful, at least based on the posts in the recruitment /idea section of map development. Maybe your case will be different.

Anyway, can I ask what the map reviewer required in order for Ashenvale campaign to be approved? Is it small edits, or the entire story. I have always thought that that campaign's terrain was a great example of beautiful landscape.
Well, not the entire story, since only 4 or 5 maps are so called ''doomed'' from as many as 17 campaign maps.
The campaign is like Illidan's perspective of WC3 lore events and so called ''original'' events, and his perspective in some of Mal' Quest ones (which I believe are also based on WCIII lore) :D

P.S. I love those 4 or 5 maps and don't want to replace them, so...

Level 17
Well, not the entire story, since only 4 or 5 maps are so called ''doomed'' from as many as 17 campaign maps.
The campaign is like Illidan's perspective of WC3 lore events and so called ''original'' events, and his perspective in some of Mal' Quest ones (which I believe are also based on WCIII lore) :D

P.S. I love those 4 or 5 maps and don't want to replace them, so...
Ah, ok. Well, keep us updated as to you plans for the ashenvale campaign if they change. I am sure many people will be exited if it can be released on hive.

Level 11
Looks like that poll should really go up here.

Best of luck to you and all, but you know that project was taken down because it ripped off another project blatantly. I'd assume some real changes before it can be reuploaded, I'd suggest you focus on that rather than the results of this poll.

Level 6
I've played your campaign Svetli...

...and its resemblance to Malfurion's Quest is uncanny. There are some scenes made step by step from Malfurion's Quest especially in the first chapters which I'm afraid at this time you cannot disprove without concrete evidence.
If you'd so like I can make a video and compare these Campaigns and every similarity it holds (which is implied heavily) and then post it on Hive as a final nail in the coffin. But you must understand I have no desire to go up against another content creator. I just wanted things treated fairly and the reviewers saw to that justly.

I've been holding back on making this post since I didn't think it was necessary but you being so stubborn and feeling in the wrong, made me give you my honest view on this whole situation as I'm one of those that helped in the making of Malfurion's Quest and some chapters from your campaign resembles the gameplay ideas I've worked on in Malfurion's Quest.

You think that you were done wrong - you weren't.
Nobody denied your hard work, some liked it, some were critical of it, etc. But you never asked for permission in the first place to take ideas from MQ and implement within your own campaign such as chapter layouts/interludes and gameplay features. Appreciated or not, Turnro loves his work - it made some smile, others laugh, others mad or bored but it was an attempt at something for people on Hive to enjoy. I'm sure every campaign maker feels the same and we love to see different story ideas on hive and not rip-offs of each other.

It is true that after some time your campaign takes its own identity but coincidentally those chapters that are different from MQ were released after you were accused of plagiarising.
Rather than attempting to beat this dead thread and behave as if you are a victim here, you should invest your time in remaking or heavily changing the chapters that you know were the basis of your campaign.

This is a poll in which you can decide:
''should the campaign The Fate of Ashenvale be released on the Hiveworkshop.''
Our community must be the force that decides!

The outcome decision will be made according to the option (YES or NO) with most votes.
You have 3 weeks to vote and give your opinion.
If ''YES'' is with most votes then the campaign will be released on Hive, if ''NO'' is with the most votes, then it will never be released.

P.S. Your opinion and vote matters.
Thank you for your time!

There's so much wrong with this...
First off, your campaign was reviewed and found that it plagiarised another creator here on Hive.
Second of all, you're attempting to take action in your own hands when there are rules here that everybody must abide by yet you're clearly choosing to ignore all of those.
What happens if either of those pole answers has the most %?
- If it's Yes, will you upload it despite the moderators' past actions and warnings?
- If it's No, will you let it rest forever and actually rework it?
- If it's " I don't care" will you think of another way to work around this and persist?
You've made several attempts to resurrect the campaign unfairly clearly showing disrespect towards those that gave you plenty of advice and reviewed your campaign from the get-go giving you feedback.

In the beginning, when you initially released your campaign for the first time you even copied the main page from Malfurion's Quest and at the very end you wrote:
" Thanks to Turnro"
Afterwards, you changed that, tweaked a few things about your campaign, brushed your hands and said " Well now it's completely different, it's not similar to MQ, let me rate it one star because I don't approve of it no more"
On top of that, you made several attacks on Turnro himself who to my knowledge said nothing bad to you or about you.

Then, you went back and forth and denied some - approve some accusations of you taking that (MQ content) without approval.
What I noticed of this is how angry you got because you felt that you weren't treated right.
I'm confident that if you worked hard for something, an idea, a story, a game and someone basically rips it off and calls it a "different perspective" you wouldn't like it that much either would you?
It's one thing to pay tribute to a game/movie/story/character.
Malfurion's Quest highbourne story has a few easter eggs tributes into its dialogue where homage is paid to other video games including the original Warcraft III. But all of that works around its own plot.
It's another thing to create cutscenes and characters ripped off from another campaign.

I can't remember exactly but a while ago - probably a year old or a few months (might edit this with more accurate information) there was a person that wished to modify/change an already made BUT abandoned campaign.
Do you know what the reviewers and moderators of Hive asked that user?

"Find the original map creator and get his permission, otherwise we cannot approve of this modification."

And what did the user do?
He tried to look high and low for that person over an abandoned campaign for years.
Now I don't know how it ended - if he found him or not but what I'm trying to point out here are his actions compared to yours.

He didn't get angry - as you did
He understood what was wrong - you tried to refute
He went out (allegedly) to seek the person that made the campaign - you didn't put your talent and effort in remaking/fixing the issues you were accused of.
He didn't "repost" his campaign on other websites and such - as you did and still tried to advertise the campaign on Hive. :vw_wtf:

That being said:
I think you are a talented guy but your mind is in the wrong place.
Here's my advice to you - do with it as you will - condemn me or heed me.

- Either rework the chapters of the Campaign and by that I mean -rework-: Adapt it into your OWN story, with your OWN cinematics (not recreated from MQ).
- Illidan's story does not end with your campaign. You can always bring a fresh new perspective, a new campaign with new characters with Illidan participating in other worlds, etc. Your possibilities for a campaign with Illidan are endless. Why not work on that? The experience you've gathered from your campaigns will surely help you in making some great content.
- Respect the moderators and listen to them. They always have good input and advice. Sure, some of if you may not agree with but others are quite useful for future projects/changes. Taking heed of what they say will improve your work while also displaying that you have the maturity to understand and adapt your work.
MQ ain't perfect, it got a lot of love and it got its equal share of hate and dislikes/criticism. You can't please everybody but you can't take things at a personal level despite our ego's.

I look forward to seeing more Campaigns from you that are originally made with your own ideas and characters. With Illidan or without I'm sure you can make a great, thriving story.
I hope I cleared up some things.

I wish you all the best in your future creations.
Take care.

Level 2
Hello Svetli,

When I started downloading"THE FATE OF ASHENVALE"campaign, I was expecting something close to the level of M Q campaign maps, but I was surprised that it was almost the same, not everything of course, but the (Gameplay, Techtree, Characters, Events..etc).
The player will be confused in identifying the original owner/s of the project idea...
It doesn't mean that your additions are bad, but I prefer the whole project to be your own work and ideas..
I voted No For Now, there is a lot of things to be done in your project.

Good Luck.

Level 16
Thanks to everyone who voted!
The poll has ended 2 months ago already and I think the community has spoken!
------------------------------------------
Expect the campaign to be released within a few days.
Throughout this time I fixed some bugs and stuff in the campaign
and will be a little bit better than before. Stay tuned as always! :)

Level 12
OK! @Turnro it's ultimately your call weather it's ok to release this campaign or not, so I'm mentioning you. I mean, we can all talk what we think etc.... But in the end it's you who can legitimitly say weather it's ok to release this campaign or not.
@Shar Dundred are you the moderator on these things?

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 39
Thanks to everyone who voted!
The poll has ended 2 months ago already and I think the community has spoken!
Expect the campaign to be released within a few days.
Throughout this time I fixed some bugs and stuff in the campaign
and will be a little bit better than before. Stay tuned as always! :)

I mean it's not exactly overwhelming majority so I would not say the community has spoken in your favor.
I personally kinda want to let people do whatever the hell they want as long as the enjoyment of the end product is there. But clearly a fair few have different views