• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Pokemon Scarlet - Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I am still looking for terrainers to help :).

I haven't officially recruited anyone yet but am very pleased with what UNSPEAKABLE EVIL did for the Pokecenter (though it isn't implemented yet).

Were you looking to do the inside of buildings? Or certain maps? (It's a campaign made of a bunch of small maps).

Level 5
I am still looking for terrainers to help :).

I haven't officially recruited anyone yet but am very pleased with what UNSPEAKABLE EVIL did for the Pokecenter (though it isn't implemented yet).

Were you looking to do the inside of buildings? Or certain maps? (It's a campaign made of a bunch of small maps).

If you could provide me a download with a single map and a building in it, I'll show you what I can do.

I left the site for 1 month recovering from another disease, not cancer, still havent recovered fully, wish you be fully healed like a pokemon that loses all his status problams when he see the beauty nurse in each pokecenter :D
Just a question: If your havent fully recovered, would you like professors suggestions to recover from cancer in maximum of one month?

Level 11
If you could provide me a download with a single map and a building in it, I'll show you what I can do.

The problem is at the moment I only have the one map (a few posts above) since have to finish every pokemon (I'm at Nidoking in order) before making all the maps (especially since I don't plan on terraining I was thinking I would just transfer the data from the old maps to the newer ones).

If you know Kanto (Pokemon region), that's what I want right now, any part of Kanto (we started with route 1 and Pallet town, you can find Kanto maps online). So basically pick any area or city that you would like :)!

I left the site for 1 month recovering from another disease, not cancer, still havent recovered fully, wish you be fully healed like a pokemon that loses all his status problams when he see the beauty nurse in each pokecenter :D
Just a question: If your havent fully recovered, would you like professors suggestions to recover from cancer in maximum of one month?

Thanks so much, but hopefully I will never have to deal with any of this again ;)!

Level 11
Here is the latest version with all the fixes.

Please look for more bugs/problems or more suggestions! :)

I couldnt figure how to use the save, i say -save, the game says it saved and then what? on the next host i have the same pokemons?

Yep, just load the map and bam, it's all there!

Attachments

• Pallet Town 2.2d.w3x
    4.4 MB · Views: 75
Level 5
Here is the latest version with all the fixes.

Please look for more bugs/problems or more suggestions! :)

Yep, just load the map and bam, it's all there!

So I tested out the pallet town map. I think it was well put together i give it an 8/10.. I originally thought it could play out more like fire red and leaf green to be honest... with all the things that happen in those versions. For instance... after Prof. Oak brings you to his lab, where is the rival at? The guy he duels after picking a pokemon... just a thought :) i do understand this is probably a beta test tho... :D

Level 11
I agree, at the moment the cinematics are way too simple.

But at least you can fight your rival after you talk to Prof. Oak, but I will add him standing there before that.

PS: The rival was disabled for some reason. I am fixing it and re-enabling him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
WoW I like your pokemon map. It really feels like playing the original pokemon game.

For the terrain, 67chrome made an outstanding pokemon terrain once. But I think he lost it.

163958-albums4253-picture40273.jpg

163958-albums4253-picture40272.jpg

163958-albums4253-picture40271.jpg
good luck with this project!

Level 5
Aight, I played a few good hours, grinding my Charmander (nicknamed Flaming Nigga) to level 14
I can see alot of bugs, but that's understandable since it's beta, I also find it funny how Oak brushes his shoulders to his building when he's walking up to you

Level 5
If you wouldn't mind telling me all the bugs that you found on the way, I will fix them asap :)

I'll fix that cinematic with Prof. Oak when I have the actual terrain also, or I will have to fix it again.

After a battle, if you're quick enough and cast an ability, it will carry on to the next match, before you can click anything

Level 2
I see, I thought I had fixed that, I will look into it some more.

Hey, I'm back and ready to help. Still spots open to test/terrain? I'm gonna go ahead and test out the new map, and come back with what I got.
EDIT: Actually, I may not do that, considering you claim to have fixed all the bugs I listed, and the testing for such things was quite extensive. I can, however, show you what else I terrained for your map in your untimely (yet called for, as I read in the thread) absence.

Level 11
Hey Noxx-, glad you are back :)!

I would be glad to have your help with both testing and terraining if you are up for it.

Would you want to focus on the Pokecenter for the moment, and make it as nice as possible? I am going to use the same one every on every map (with minor variances, like the people inside) so it would be a big step forward.

Hades17 is also going to help with terraining, you two should do seperate tasks so we can get this done asap ;)!! (ex: you do the insides and he does the outsides, or w/e).

Thanks for comin back to help it is much appreciated!

PS: If you want to make random NPC's dialogs too that would be cool.

Level 3
Like this project that you are currently working on, cause am a very big fan of pokemon and am impressed by what i have seen so far
My Rate
Terrain - [2/10]
Gameplay - [7/10]
:thumbs_up:

Level 11
The easiest way would be to leave the outside areas to me as I am not very familiar with inside areas and landscape is my specialty.

That sounds good, especially since Noxx- started doing indoors with the Pokecenter.

Like this project that you are currently working on, cause am a very big fan of pokemon and am impressed by what i have seen so far

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
That sounds good, especially since Noxx- started doing indoors with the Pokecenter.

Hey, did you receive my message? And I'll start polishing my stuff if you want me to.

Level 1
LOVE this game!!

:ogre_love:

I have to give you props on the game play in particular. What I love most about the original Pokemon is immersing myself in that world, and in your game I just want to play in the forest all day! You somehow capture the original Poke spirit, which is what so many imitation Pokemon games lack these days imo.

I noticed you've made improvements to the game- when can we expect more levels?!:cry:

Level 9
Lemme ask some questions :

> Does breeding still apply to this game?

> EV stats is the same as the one I used to love? ( e.g. SP.DEF + 255 EV and DEF + 255 EV = What Damage? ) or will you implement another system?

> Speaking of which, will the vitamins still exist?

> Will it remain Vitality not HP?

> Interaction/Talking to Pokemon ( PKMN Yellow anyone? )?

>Will Oak still say " ____ it isn't the time to do that! "

>PKRUS?

>Traits?

>Caves are still annoying as hell?

>Pokedex entries?

>Do you still have this logic
b53.jpg

And the biggest question of all...

> Can you name your rival ( if there is ) to, you know, stuff.

---

You know, I'm probably expecting too much on this. But hey, if you're going to reenact my childhood, then do it hard!

Oh, and I cannot test your map because I'm kinda busy.

Level 11
Lol well if you tested it you would know XD

No breeding
EV stats use are the same as in Pokemon
Vitamins are already implemented
I may change it to HP instead of Vitality
There will be interactions with NPC's
Oak won't say that because you are a different kid, ash is your rival in this one
Single and Mplayer
No PKRUS
Traits are already implemented
Caves will be so... so annoying ;)
Yes
I may implement a rename for your rival

You should test the map and give some feedback ;o!...

Level 14
Well,
I got some thing to say.
First of all the pokemon battles are not that virtual since when I cast scratch the pokemon just moves his hand and the other pokemon gets damaged.
It would be beter if the pokemon casting scratch will move to the opponents pokemon move his hand, deal damage, get back to possition and then face the enemy's pokemon.
I know it's a bit boring to make it but I'm just suggesting.
Also a real bug now,
I picked charmander and my rival picked squirtle.
I lost immediatelly.
It was too ward.
I mean he casted tail wip and with the next him my HP from 100% droped to 40%!
From the first battle this my get players dissapointed and bored.
You must give the good impression at the start.

Also a final thing, I hope you can give a nickname to your rival in the future.
Makes me feel better when I see Trainer Asshole wants to battle with you :p

Level 11
Well,
I got some thing to say.
First of all the pokemon battles are not that virtual since when I cast scratch the pokemon just moves his hand and the other pokemon gets damaged.
It would be beter if the pokemon casting scratch will move to the opponents pokemon move his hand, deal damage, get back to possition and then face the enemy's pokemon.
I know it's a bit boring to make it but I'm just suggesting.
Also a real bug now,
I picked charmander and my rival picked squirtle.
I lost immediatelly.
It was too ward.
I mean he casted tail wip and with the next him my HP from 100% droped to 40%!
From the first battle this my get players dissapointed and bored.
You must give the good impression at the start.

Also a final thing, I hope you can give a nickname to your rival in the future.
Makes me feel better when I see Trainer Asshole wants to battle with you :p

First of all, thanks for the feedback.

All melee abilities will cause the attacking Pokemon to move towards his enemy before use his ability (in progress).

Charmander always loses to Squirtle at lvl 1 ;O I use actualy Pokemon game mechanics so it's exactly like in the game (maybe you forgot to get your potion before fighting him, it's an assured victory after).

And lastly, I will add a function to rename your Rival, since pretty much everyone wants it :).

All melee abilities will cause the attacking Pokemon to move towards his enemy before use his ability (in progress).

Charmander always loses to Squirtle at lvl 1 ;O I use actualy Pokemon game mechanics so it's exactly like in the game (maybe you forgot to get your potion before fighting him, it's an assured victory after).

And lastly, I will add a function to rename your Rival, since pretty much everyone wants it :).

In Pokemon Sapphire they use this mecanism:

1) Higher priority movements (moves that go before the enemy)

2) All moves include higher priority in an arranged order: upleft upright downleft downright (that order can be changed so that enemy weakneses go first).

3) Low priority movesthat have chance to be skipped in the order phase (2), this include explosions and the likes who destroy the pokemon and ends the battles.

Using this methode:
1) The player gets to see all the enemy movement which bring your creations to be seen, and improve the fun for the player.
2) The enemy pokemon may found flees inside the enemy tactic by having the best moves used out right ( instant damage followed by enemy weakness and then all of the move set and ending with explosion if the battle goes too long) which cause smarter AI.
3) Charmander might lose to squirtel and also the other way arround, just remember this: The order in which the moves go, is allways randomed, to keep a chance for win and lose allways. (for a pokemon with scratch and leer, it will go zigzag among them, with changing the order for each round: (SCRATCH->LEER 50%) / (LEER->SCRATCH 50%).
4) NOTE: Don't order statistics if they are allready in effect, this include not going harden for pokemon with maximum increase in defense, other than metapode :D.

Tell me what is your opinion. :ogre_haosis:

Level 14

:cgrin:
+rep:goblin_yeah:

In Pokemon Sapphire they use this mecanism:

1) Higher priority movements (moves that go before the enemy)

2) All moves include higher priority in an arranged order: upleft upright downleft downright (that order can be changed so that enemy weakneses go first).

3) Low priority movesthat have chance to be skipped in the order phase (2), this include explosions and the likes who destroy the pokemon and ends the battles.

Using this methode:
1) The player gets to see all the enemy movement which bring your creations to be seen, and improve the fun for the player.
2) The enemy pokemon may found flees inside the enemy tactic by having the best moves used out right ( instant damage followed by enemy weakness and then all of the move set and ending with explosion if the battle goes too long) which cause smarter AI.
3) Charmander might lose to squirtel and also the other way arround, just remember this: The order in which the moves go, is allways randomed, to keep a chance for win and lose allways. (for a pokemon with scratch and leer, it will go zigzag among them, with changing the order for each round: (SCRATCH->LEER 50%) / (LEER->SCRATCH 50%).
4) NOTE: Don't order statistics if they are allready in effect, this include not going harden for pokemon with maximum increase in defense, other than metapode :D.

Tell me what is your opinion. :ogre_haosis:
^ This

Status
Not open for further replies.