• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokémans thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
" If the player's party contains no Pokémon other than Finneon that can learn Surf or Fly and lacks a Pokémon with Teleport, trading away Finneon to Meister can effectively strand the player until Magikarp evolves and can learn Surf or faints in a battle, instantly taking the player back to a Pokémon Center. If the player has managed to progress to this point without obtaining any fishing rods, and does not have enough Rare Candies to make Magikarp evolve (or cancels evolution), or trades a Level 100 Finneon, they will be stuck on Meister's island permanently. "

This has happened to people......?
So there IS a way to lose the game

Well still, it's not like unlearning HM's would help you in that situation, but wow - just wow if that's happened to someone, that's pokemon for "you're doing it wrong"

Level 15
got my wisdom teeth out on friday and on account of finishing all my homework weeks in advance I've been no-lifing this weekend on heartgold from the beginning.

just beat Red (I already captured all of the legendaries) and now plan on catching every poke in the game by the end of tomorrow (aka end of my weekend off) ._. dont judge

Level 12
it's taken 19 hours of gameplay to catch 145 pokes and get where I'm at so far...

over 4 days time...I should be fine. I'm just not accounting for the pokes I'll need to trade for.

plus, I can't do anything else this weekend. so devotion my ass.

I always saw the point of handhelds were so that you could play games on the go without a console. I thought consoles were way to play games of epic proportions on screens of epic proportions.

Just seems like if I had 4 days to spend, I would play a console game.
Then again, if you really want to have a complete dex, which is to mention an enormous feat*, then go ahead, I'm not going to judge you for being you.

*Unless you're like this kid at my school, who has full dex with only minor playtime, because he got them all on Colliseum for GBC (which is quite easy) ported them all to his Leaf Green, and then to his Platinum, which is quite clever for a kid in special ed.

Level 15
I always saw the point of handhelds were so that you could play games on the go without a console. I thought consoles were way to play games of epic proportions on screens of epic proportions.

Just seems like if I had 4 days to spend, I would play a console game.
Then again, if you really want to have a complete dex, which is to mention an enormous feat*, then go ahead, I'm not going to judge you for being you.

*Unless you're like this kid at my school, who has full dex with only minor playtime, because he got them all on Colliseum for GBC (which is quite easy) ported them all to his Leaf Green, and then to his Platinum, which is quite clever for a kid in special ed.

The attention span I had while I was drugged out of my mind was so rediculously low that any attempts I had on DA:O ended with me getting spear-raped by Dalish Elfs.

At level 1.

He most likely has Autism, and video games is that special thing that he's amazing at (more specifically pokemon most likely - don't underestimate special ed kids, sometimes they're a lot smarter then your standard student).

Level 15
Most compensate for Autisim by being awesome ;)

I thought it was that they have huge dicks.

Anyway, Iwata (president of Nintendo) basically confirmed that a new Gen of Pokemon WILL be released on the 3DS. So cheers for anyone hoping for remakes of R/S/E or a possible quick-Gen VI.

I think it might've hinted at the fact that it may be an entirely new franchise as well, so there's always the possibility for some secret dungeon shit or whatever it was called =/

Level 26
Spheal-with-it-text.gif

Level 12
The attention span I had while I was drugged out of my mind was so rediculously low that any attempts I had on DA:O ended with me getting spear-raped by Dalish Elfs.

At level 1.
Oh. Well in that case, I usually stick to movies, but I guess a slow paced turn battle game would also be a good Idea. I should try that next time.

He most likely has Autism, and video games is that special thing that he's amazing at (more specifically pokemon most likely - don't underestimate special ed kids, sometimes they're a lot smarter then your standard student).
He doesn't have autism, he just has strong ADD and a whole bunch of learning disorders. I usually helped him study his spelling words while he played, and it seemed that his accuracy in spelling increased about 400% while he was playing the game, something I found extremely interesting. I mean, the words (witch, batch, scratch) should have been easy for a Freshman in highschool, but I just found it pretty cool that Pokemon boosted his concentration. And yeah, the special ed kids always surprise me, because I like to study people's behaviors. He is also freaky good at platformers.

Anyway, this Senior in one of my classes always plays Pokemon Blue on his gameboy pocket (One of the classic Black and White ones) and I introduced him to a Nuzlocke challenge seeing as he beat the game 3 times in one month of that class (The class is basically a study hall you get a credit for. I did not expect that.) So far, he is doing his normal strategy of just tanking the shit out of squirtle.

Oh wow, Py hasn't linked this yet?

http://pokejungle.net/2011/02/04/city-names/

English Town names: if you're wondering, the names come from names of varieties of clouds

"- Nuvema Town
- Striaton City
- Nacrene City
- Castelia City
- Nimbasa City
- Undella Town
- Lacunosa Town
- Opelucid City
- Icirrus City
- Mistralton City
- Driftveil City"

Level 15
Oh wow, Py hasn't linked this yet?

http://pokejungle.net/2011/02/04/city-names/

English Town names: if you're wondering, the names come from names of varieties of clouds

"- Nuvema Town
- Striaton City
- Nacrene City
- Castelia City
- Nimbasa City
- Undella Town
- Lacunosa Town
- Opelucid City
- Icirrus City
- Mistralton City
- Driftveil City"

Aren't those names all kind of lacking occidentalism? I thought this was supposed to be modeled after the United States lol.

Last edited:
Aren't those names all kind of occidental or something? I thought this was supposed to be modeled after the United States lol.

Occidental isn't a word :U

if you're thinking of going to that tour thing, there's surprisingly few kids there
1296929059882.jpg

there's stuff like demos, merch, a movie, some spinny wheel thing where you can get free plushies and stuff, etc

they're gonna be coming to the UK too at some point

also

Level 15
Occidental isn't a word :U

if you're thinking of going to that tour thing, there's surprisingly few kids there
"Occidental - Western Christian of the Latin rite; Of, pertaining to, or situated in, the occident, or west; western; – opposed to oriental; as, occidental climates, or customs; an occidental planet; (obsolete) Possessing inferior hardness, brilliance, or beauty; – used of inferior precious stones and gems"

"Occidentalism - stereotyped and sometimes dehumanizing views on the so-called Western world, including Europe and the English-speaking world"

that business aside...

if anyone goes to that tour, I will personally laugh at them.

edit: looking at your pics, there are a lot of kids. also, is that the entire tour setup? because if so that's a) rediculously small and b) the scope of your pictures doesn't even encompass an hours worth of time.

edit: looking at your pics, there are a lot of kids. also, is that the entire tour setup? because if so that's a) rediculously small and b) the scope of your pictures doesn't even encompass an hours worth of time.

There's also a lot of older people. And no that's just the bit where the demos are - someone posted a whole bunch of pictures at /vp/ and I only saved this one

You can pick up these via wi-fi mystery gift now I believe (not sure if it's limited to specific countries or anything)

They come shiny (I've heard they're not the normal shiny color either) and serve a special purpose if imported into B/W when they come out

(name + dates it's up)
Raikou from the 7th to 13th
Entei from the 14th to 20th
Suicune from the 21st to the 27th

Level 5
The shiny dogs will get you Zoroark in B&W.

There's also a Celebi event at Gamespot in North America from Feb. 27th - March 7th

And Victini WiFi event in North America from March 6th - April 10th and in Europe from March 4th - April 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.