• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pocket DotA 3.00

Reactions: sonofjay
===========================================
This map was protected by the author.
===========================================
PLEASE READ AT LEAST THE FIRST BOX BELOW!

PLEASE AT LEAST READ THIS BEFORE PLAYING.

The game was meant to be a spin-off of DotA, and is it's own entity. I know some of the community here dislikes DotA because of various reasons, but please do not comment and exclaim things like "This map is a rip off!" when you haven't tried the map and are basing your assumptions solely off of the name. In addition, I do not care that you think my map is too similar to DotA or other games; keep that in mind when you are posting. Finally, if you are looking in the comments for feedback before you play, I recommend the last few pages as the game has severely changed over the course of nearly 4 years. Thank you for reading at least this box.
Background

This game is based off of the DotA Allstars map by Icefrog. It was created to promote my clan, and because I love DotA and its concept. This originally was a one lane map with only DotA heroes, but was split into a three lane map with custom heroes while retaining the 'pocket' feeling I wanted.

Most heroes have all unique abilities, but a few still retain one or two ladder skills. I worked a way around the ladder abilities being repetitious by combining other ladder abilities with them; that is to say I didn't overdo anything. Unlike heroes, the majority of items aren't similar. I took a different approach in item design, though you will see some similarities with varying items in both games. Heroes have to be built differently from one another to achieve the best use of your hero (type -tips ingame for build help). Just like in DotA, the items are what make the heroes powerful late game.

Gameplay and Terminology

The gameplay is similar to DotA, however there are some big differences. The most notable is that the game is not as large as DotA in its dimensions.

There are three lanes (top, middle, and bottom) that spawn units (creeps). You must control these lanes by killing the opposing team's creeps (creep kills), while obtaining the bounty that they give when they die (last hit). Push the lanes to destroy the enemy's towers. Once you destroy their tower, the two ancients behind it will become vulnerable (they're known as raxes, or barracks). If you manage to destroy both of them, you achieve what is called super creeps.

These creeps have extra damage, extra armor, faster attack speed, and bonus hit points, and will now spawn instead of regular creeps in that corresponding lane only. The idea behind this is that super creeps will always beat normal creeps without assistance from a hero, which reinforces the idea of protecting every lane to the bitter end. Super creeps that come from the top or bottom lane after defeating all of the enemy creeps will proceed to attack the middle lane, causing multiple lanes to have problems.

Once a team loses all of their ancient buildings (barracks) except their World Tree or Frozen Throne, the opposing team will gain mega creeps. These creeps are much more powerful than super creeps, and will immediately begin spawning in all lanes. Mega creeps make the lanes extremely difficult to control for the other team, as they rip through normal creeps in a good 3-4 attacks, and super creeps in 4-5 attacks. Mega creeps also easily kill heroes that are underfarmed (weak). If you or the enemy lose the World Tree or Frozen Throne, then that team will lose, and the game will end. Achieving mega creeps is not required to win the game, but it will exponentially increase your chances of doing so.

Creeps are probably most influential in winning the game. For one, unlike in DotA, most of the time heroes can't take on mass swarms of creeps during the lategame phase on their own and will require teammate help.

Creeps spawn times work like this (TL;DR below):
Siege units spawn once every 5 waves. Beginning spawns create 4 melee creeps and 1 ranged creep at 30 second intervals starting when the clock hits 0 for the first time. Every 660 seconds (roughly every 11 minutes but is 10 minutes the first time), an additional melee and ranged creep is spawned for every lane. Melee unit production is at a maximum of 8. Ranged creeps, however, can produce a maximum of 6 per spawn. Siege machines always only spawn 1 per every 5 waves, no matter what time it is ingame.

Simplistic
4 Melee per spawn. Every 11 minutes will add 1 Extra Melee (caps at 8).
1 Range per spawn. Every 11 minutes will add 1 Extra Range (caps at 6).
1 Siege per 5 rounds. Only spawns 1 ever.

Roshan is an important factor in the game, even more important than in the standard DotA. When roshan (the gigantic rock golem in the middle of the map) dies, it gives your team many bonuses.

It gives your whole team 200 gold each, which is equal to one hero kill or 4-10 creep kills. It also gives an item called The Aegis of the Immortal, which allows one hero to reincarnate upon death one time. That item can't be dropped once picked up, so don't allow the useless teammate or item couriers carry it. The last benefit is that it gives the killing team a teleporter in that area. The teleporter will teleport any ally to their base after five seconds. You do not channel while teleporting, but your movespeed is tremendously reduced to penalize you. Unlike DotA, Roshan never respawns, but he will progressively get stronger if not killed.

There is only one Aegis of the Immortal, and dying means it will be lost forever. Platinum Divine Rapier (an item recipe) requires an Aegis of the Immortal as part of it's combination ingredients. This weapon is the strongest in the game, giving 200 bonus damage and a 180 second cooldown reincarnation. The item drops when the wielder dies (only after the reincarnation is used).

Youtube video (Very outdated, isn't the same as the new game. It will give you a clue as to what this game looks like.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5S4LqJqFs8

Playable DotA Heroes

[Some heroes are missing the addition date because of faulty records.]
1: Tiny - Added 1.00
2: Lion - Added 1.00
3: Yurnero
4: Sniper*
5: Witch Doctor
6: Razor*
7: Magnus*
8: Clinkz - Added 1.09
9: Rhasta - Added 1.09
10: King Leoric* - Added 1.09
11: Traxex - Added 1.10
12: Gondar - Added 2.07
13: Axe* - Added 2.07
14: Syllabear - Added 2.11a
*This hero has the spells that he or she originally had before they were remade in the current version of DotA.
Changelog V3.00

Added new minimap preview!
Added Primus the Cyberdroid (hero)!
Added Chalice of Divinity (item)!
Reworked Hell Dweller.
Ultimate:
-Lowered Sacrifice's cooldown (25 -> 15).
-Made every summon of his able to be sacrificed.
-Gave Corrupted Treant +25 hitpoints.
-Increased the poison damage on Corrupted Treant, and lowered the duration.
-Slightly lowered Plague Zombie's hitpoints and armor, but increased his life regeneration (.5 -> 20.00 /sec).
-Applied the same change above to the Greater Zombie, except it is 25.00 /sec.
-Increased the bounty of all of his summons.
-Added Vile Succubus to the spawning pool.
-Increased the minimum spawn count of minions (3 -> 4).
-Added Blink to the Fel Hound.
-Increased the Fel Hound's life regeneration (1 -> 3 /sec).
-Void is now ranged.
-Modified the Reconstruct tooltip.
-Removed Bash from Void.
-Fixed the second Greater Zombie from not getting a summoning timer.
Skills:
-Added a check on Sacrifice limit to prevent oversacrification.
-Added numbers to the Soul Count that appear when he levels all of his abilities to maximum levels (sorry, it was the only way this feature could be implemented without floating numbers. There may be an issue if you don't level everything).
-Fist of Fury now has a 3 second stun limit to prevent massing strength to achieve a 10+ second stun.
-Fist of Fury cooldown lowered (18,16,14 -> 16,14,12).
-Uncontrollable Rage can now be targeted on towers and units (previously just units).

Heavily Reworked Goblin Tank.
-Improved Fortification no longer gives just armor:
--OLD (+2,+4,+6 Armor per level).
--NEW (+2,+3,+4 Armor per level, +5,+10,+15 Tower damage increase per level, gives World Tree/Frozen Throne second attack).
-Lower base agility (20 -> 18).
-Speed increase (290 -> 300).
-Cleaving Swing replaced with Buffed Defenses
-No longer a passive. Gives 20 damage instead of 35.
-New clickable: when casted on a tower or a main hall, gives the building a 20 damage attack that hits 3 times a second for 20 seconds.
-Fixed Syllabear's odd attack animation values.
-Fixed an issue with Maelstrom hitting targets.
-Fixed a tooltip error with Mind, Body, and Spirit.
-Added an explosion to Conjure Nova where it is casted, regardless if it hits a target.
-Added a cooldown timer to Greater Skeletal Minions so that they cannot be massed.
-Correctly rotated the Entrapment skill so that the skeletons actually face their target.
-Entrapment skeletons now attack slightly slower, getting less hits in before it wears off.
-Repositioned Secret Shop trees so that only 1 tango is needed to escape through the sides.
-Trees now properly regrow on the map every 3 minutes.
-Removed cliffs on the top and bottom of the map, and replaced it with trees (the area in front of the ancient creep spawns).
-Increased kobold ancient camp bounty.
-Added two juke spots; one bottom Sentinel lane, and one top Scourge lane.
-Moved the taverns to the bottom left of the map.
-Moved the creep camps further back to make it more difficult to pull.
-Heavily modified the terrain.
-Chaotic Ending cooldown increased by 5 (55 -> 60).
-Chaotic Ending can no longer damage buildings.
-Added more alliases to the -Tips command.
-Changed Necromancer and Druid manas (500 -> 200).
-Changed Super Necromancer and Druid manas (700 -> 300).
-Heavily Changed Nerubian Arachnid.
--Swapped Neurbian Arachnid's Q and W skills.
--Remade Burrow Strike so Arachnid can strike at any point, not just the end.
--Caustic Finale's tooltip changed to not say Sand King.
--Fixed Vendetta tooltip grammar.
-Added an additional check to make sure Furglewurg's Mushroom spawns don't keep spawning when the main shroom dies.
-Removed Quake's jump restriction (you can still get stuck though!!).
-Quake doesn't freeze your hero's screen now.
-Fixed Glacial Haste's deactivation tooltip hotkey error.
-Lowered Ogre Power! damage gain. (10,20,30 -> 10,15,20).
-Slightly increased Boots of Accuracy passive chance (8% -> 10%).
-Reworded Boots of Speed's tooltip.
-Boots of Power speed decreased slightly (85 -> 80).
-Replaced the Gloves of Haste icon to match DotAs.
-Fixed Frost Bolt from not draining mana when cast.
-Decreased Northern Warlock's base attack speed (1.7 -> 1.9).
-Improved Glacial Haste's tooltip.
-Renamed Glacius' ultimate.
-Remade a lot of spells stats of Obsidian Destroyer.
-Replaced the random damage with Obsidian Destroyer's ultimate with a fixed damage amount (100 - 300 -> 250).
-Clarified Conversion's tooltip and changed its percentages (10,15,20 -> 20,25,30)
-Dampening Attack reworked:
--Does not stack until level 3 (previously level 2).
--Lasts 2 seconds for all levels (2,3,4 -> 2).
-Stun Pulse reworked.
--Stun time made constant (2, 2.5, 3 -> 2.25).
-Manacost rescaled (85, 100, 115 -> 80, 90, 100).
-Void Pull cooldown lowered (55 -> 40).
-Ogre Magi story improved dramatically (seriously, who writes all these horrible stories and then changes half of them every version, knowing nobody reads them?).
-Aegis shop item tooltip clarified.
-Platinum Divine Rapier tooltip clarified.
-Hellscale completely revamped.
--Spear remade:
*1.4, 1.7, 2.0 damage to heroes 20% of the time.
*2.0, 3.0, 4.0 damage to creeps 20% of the time.
*Now shows the red critical damage.
--Piercing Blow tooltip fixed for clarity.
--[[Slow Death remade:]]
*Movespeed slow no longer stacks.
*Changed to 30% slow in movespeed and 20% slow in attack speed.
*Lasts 10 seconds.
*Now affects creeps
**15 damage for 2 seconds.
Rewrote all hero tips so they display 2 great items for the hero in most situations, and improved on their general helpfulness.
-Fixed Corruption Staff not showing cooldown.
-Fixed a bug with Saturate Air hurting incorrect targets, and damaging Targets in base.
-Added the corruption orb look to the Hellstorm.
-Fixed some Xor'ahk tooltip errors and confusion.
-Increased Assassinate missile speed (1600 -> 2400).
-Added a gunshot sound to Assassinate when used.
-Fixed Scattershot issue showing green targets when hovering over targets.
-Added to Hell Dweller's story.
-Modified Hellfire Spawn's story.
-Modified Goblin Tank's story.
-Fixed priority issues with all heroes. Summons like Spirit Bear now appear after the hero in selection.
-Gave every summon (except Clockwerk Goblins) the ability to now attack Roshan without dying.
-Fixed animation cues for many spells.
-Druids and Necromancers now do piercing damage (don't know what I was thinking before).
Attribute Mage's Counter modified:
--Is now an AoE shockwave-like skill with only impact damage.
--Impact damage is calculated differently: x2 strength and x1 agility of your hero determines the damage it deals while x2 intelligence determines it's mana burn.
**(This does not calculate resistence like the old version where the enemy's attributes can negate the damage).
-Cooldown increased (30 -> 40).
-Now does piercing damage instead of normal (weaker on heroes).
-Granulater AoE reduced (300 -> 250).
*True full AoE is 200, half damage is experienced from 201-250.
-Granulater proc percentage changed for ranged heroes (25% -> 15%) and for melee heroes (25% -> 20%).
-Bashing Axe bash percentage increased for melee and ranged (15 - > 20% melee | 10 -> 15% ranged).
-Updated quests for the most recent forum link.
-Buy Back changed:
--Now has a cooldown of 120 seconds.
--Gold cost scales differently (100 + 50*hero level).
--Now only accessed from Circle of Power and not Taverns.
-Fury stun timed increased (1.00 -> 1.50).
-Aparently Battle Drums does stack with Drow's True Sight, so the warning has been nullified.
-Glyph now has it's own building (will probably be switched back to circles, but there's a bug that prevents it for now).
-Vastly improved all hero mana pools.
-Fixed an error with Tiny's Toss showing the error message for Roshan to everyone.
-Added an error sound to most situations where a user encounters an error while casting a spell.
-Fixed up Incarnate's spells with various improvements to tooltips and names.
-Burn Mana now deals Chaos damage instead of normal type damage.
-Burn Mana will now give the kill to Ogre Mage if the target dies because of it.
-Toggled many spells to work on ancients (namely Roshan).
-Fireblast aesthetics improved: It now displays 'MULTICAST!' when it multicasts, and it has the classic Ogre Magi Fireblast animation from DotA.
-Burn Mana can now be cast on nonhero units (not recommended to autocast).
-Increased Channel Spellbook manacost.
-Transparent Gemstone backstab damage increased (10 -> 50).
-Pendant of Energy and items requiring it have had their attribute bonuses lowered.
-Fixed a fatal bug with Pudge getting blink dagger.
-Slightly increased Tidebaron's range.
-Fury now properly scales to the correct level on the second projectile.
-Grow attack speed lower side effect increased from 15 to 25%.
-Increased Grow rock count when learned.

Keywords:
Dota, AoS, Mini, Pocket, Dota2, Pudge
Contents

Pocket DotA 3.00 (Map)

Reviews
02:34, 3rd Feb 2009 Septimus: I check it once more and it seems to be fine. Approve.
Level 3
um...idk if i get ur map but anyway i did not tested it i will test once iam at home still seems.....eh...interesting.....btw..i wana say something to the skeleton guy ur rain skeleton idea doesnt sounds so eh......nvm i forgot what i was going to say lol =D

Level 13
New version is out featuring mainly bug fixes.

TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO SUGGESTED HEROES/THINGS:

Rarely do I release new heroes with a b,c,d etc version, and if I do, it was because it was necessary.

I will review the suggestions and add at least one in the next version :). The next version will probably feature many new items for further customizations as more then 2 recipe shops need to be added.

Also, a new -Tips (or -build) command was added for people who have a harder time finding builds. Most tips are vague, but they do help you make item decisions.

Edit: The Widgetizer really messed up a few things on the map. I will fix most of the problems it provided (some are irreversible, I never used the program and didn't realize I had to make a backup as the optimizer does it for me).

Edit 2 : Editing is going along very well. I've been experimenting with some new heroes, and added some items. I removed some of the annoying things like the dashes before every piece of information on items to make them more legible (-+5 armor... | -> +5 armor). I also decided to do something very special with ability casting, and I know many of you will like it.

This version is gigantic and features a ton of new things. I believe it will take 3 pages to fit the whole changelog (every other changelog has taken 2 pages max). I will try to release it soon.

Last edited:
Level 13
The new version is out, featuring a suggested hero in live action (from this thread), a new item, and the addition of the -OM (only middle) sub-mode for 1v1 and 2v2 matches. Also, a new DotA hero was added (Syllabear).

Also, I know the changelog is gigantic, it contains two versions and over 1 1/2 months of work.

Please let me know what you think about it. I changed every hero's hotkeys to Q,W,E,R.

Last edited:
Level 22
Small stuff

-Remove food provided by towers as it now looks like "seconds provided".

-Item Maelstorm should use BTN instead of PAS icon.

-Mushroom Titan's Quake [Q] can jump into not moveable and reachable terrains, as map corners.

-Map crashes when killing Roshan and have summoned Mushroom Titan's ultimate nearby the spawn of Roshan.

-Camera should be centered at the taverns at the start.

-Ogre Mage's Spell Shield says in the description having 75 seconds cooldown at level while the tooltip of level 1 says 60.

-When Channel Random Spell gets Fireblast and you cast it, it wont be removed and instead have infinitive cooldown. After you cast channel random spell again you get fireblast and it removes it self on cast.

-Spell shield Level 2's tooltip says level 1 and have a cooldown of 45 seconds instead of 60 seconds and level 3's says 30 seonds when the description says 45. Also it says level 1.

-Sage of the damned's Exoskeletal armor has a first cast lagg. Preloading the ability you add to the target will remove this lagg. (to preload just add it to a dummy at the start and remove the dummy.)

Last edited:
Level 13
I think I got it fixed now.

I just compiled it and played the same exact one that's uploaded here, and it worked. I also added the stuff already in 2.13 to this version.

Changes
2.12b
Increased Gondar's base hit points.
Slightly lowered Pudge's base hit points.
Fixed the bottom left pathing creep issue.
Fixed the Frozen Throne facing.
Added more trees to the map.

The map is now on a USEast hostbot (it also connects to west). If you want to host it, whisper me (Parrothead@USEast), and I'll host it for you.

EDIT:

Another terrain bug was found.

Changes
2.12c
Fixed bottom Sentinel creeps.
Maelstrom now hits 3 targets instead of 1.
Changed the recipe component of Maelstrom.

Last edited:
Level 13
Production on next version will be very slow and possibly delayed until this October/November depending on the time I have.

@Elainiel - I've checked THW and my hostbot and they're are using the same exact copy of the map. My hostbot can create the map and allows everyone to join without a problem. Granted, the map has been slightly corrupted over the extensive amount of tools I've experimented on it with, I don't think it would limit the people that can play it.

Level 20
well i don't really like dota...not because it's a bad game but because wc3 makes it bad...
when i play on b.net i have lag/delay and it's really bad!!
but when i play league of legends i play without lag/delay and i get double kills with katarina!!
anyway back to the map...

EDIT:
Untill now i have tried Sniper, Yurnero, Tiny, Shadow Shaman, Drow Ranger, Lone Druid and Gondar...
All Heroes were pretty good and balanced well...

Suggestions:
-Since this is a small map i would suggest adding AI bots ;)
-When we pick hero you should give us information about them and not their crappy stories lol
for example, Display their Abilties,Starting Attributes, Primary Attribute, Starting Damage/Armor/Health/Mana
(IMO that will be way more helpful than the crappy stories xD)
-Something that Dota Lacks is a Spell Power System
(highly recommended by me)

Hero Improvements
Gondar
I like his abilities but i believe that his Shuriken Toss is a bit overpowered...
You could change it's name to Bouncing Shuriken and trigger it to bounce between units...
Also if you are going to add the Bouncing Shuriken you should lower the damage dealt to every unit...

Shadow Shaman
Why Shackles at lvl 2 binds the target for 3.25 seconds and not for 3? o_O
it would seem more logical if it was 2/3/4
Mass Serpent Ward is kinda dumb..
i think it could have been better if it was a hero target ability...
for example you use it on the hero and it creates 8 wards around him and the wards attack him...
this ability would be a good combo with Shackles...
if you do that Shadow Shaman will be a killing machine :D
also on the Mass Serpent Ward's description you don't mention the timed life the wards have

Sniper
This hero has good abilities too...
But i believe that Take Aim is not really useful since the only thing it does is to give him extra range...
I believe that a Burst Shoot ability would suit him...
Ability Name: Burst Shoot
Description: Switch your gun to burst mode and fire at the targered point for 3/4/5 seconds.Each bullet deals 30/40/50 damage.
Cooldown: 30 sec

Yurnero:
Yurnero is one awesome champion <3
for some reason when i pick him i start with enough money to buy Gloves of Power - 1166 gold, bug maybe?
IMO his Healing Ward ability doesn't really suit a warrior type hero like him...
You could give him the Heroic Leap which is a very good spell!!

Drow Ranger
This hero is pretty good..
The only ability that i didn't like was Silence...
You could replace it with the Fast Arrow Shot ability

Tiny
Avalanche lvl 1 deals 50 damage instead of 100 as mentioned on the description...
Except from that i can't find anything bad on him

Lone Druid
this hero is very well balanced and all of his abilities fit gj with this one ;)

Lastly, a bug that i have encountered is that Ace of Redemption Doubled gives only 7 damage...
on desciption it says 20 damage...

I hope you take all of my suggestions into consideration and improve your map :)
Ill give you a 3/5 for now because there are a lot of thing to fix/change..
Please don't take my 3/5 vote as something bad..
There is a bunch of heroes remainning for me to test xD

Happy map editing!! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 20
Well, I'd recommend you to actually find a de-prottector. If someone would want to deprotect it to use himself, he would do that without you even knowing... and this way, you'll be able to continue the work on your map!

i have a deprotector and in readme.txt file it says...

"I GUARANTEE that Deprotect can deprotect ANY MAP and make it editble with the world editor. There are some cases of extreme protection in which you may lose /some/ data, but not much. There is no map Deprotect can't retrieve the triggers, object/item data, or terrain from. None."

but i never bother to unprotect any map...that's why i offered to deprotect it...
and don't worry dude im not gonna keep the map because i hate dota *_*
but i like pocket dota when i play 1on1 vs friends so i want this map to continue :D

still waiting for a reply if you want me to try to unprotect and retrieve triggers :p

Level 13
Sorry for the latish response, I've been on Minecraft too much lately xD. Yea if you can somehow deprotect it with the GUI triggers intact I'll gladly continue it. I still have a portion of my old changelog for version 2.13 so I could release a new version quite quickly after fixing up some bugs.

I can't write jass and I don't have any desires of learning it. I've heard deprotection cannot restore GUI in most cases. If you cannot salvage the GUI, then even with the unprotected version I'll have no way to continue it other than some number balancing in the object editor.

Level 20
Well if you use xdep then triggers will be in jass.

dude xdep is just the first tool for unprotecting lol, im using 4 tools *_*

I can't write jass and I don't have any desires of learning it. I've heard deprotection cannot restore GUI in most cases. If you cannot salvage the GUI, then even with the unprotected version I'll have no way to continue it other than some number balancing in the object editor.

don't worry if the map had GUI triggers i should be able to restore them...but im not 100% sure *_*

EDIT:
well it failed as a expected *_* i only managed to uprotect it and restore triggers in jass...
if you want you can still edit the map and add new GUI triggers and just don't touch the jass trigger...
maybe in the future if i find somebody that will teach me how to uprotect and restore GUI triggers ill give it a try again...untill then...

Last edited:
Level 13
Was able to get someone to fully restore all GUI as if the map wasn't ever protected. I'll be releasing a new version August 14th, a year since I uploaded 2.12c.

Edit: Sorry for the delay, I've had a lot of school work to tend to, and haven't had much time or interest in development. I've continued now, and have about 2 pages of a changelog (the highest has been 3). I plan to rebrand this at Pocket DotA 3.00 as it features many terrain changes, and new map elements. I tried to keep it as similar to DotA as I can. Dota2 has been taking up a lot of my time as well so there's even less of a chance to work on this :p. The full version I have planned will probably be done midnovember granted I don't get sidetracked with other projects and Dota2. If it's not done by then, I'm just going to save all of the other stuff for the next version, and release 3.00.

Edit2: I have decided to release it at the end of November. While this version is pretty stable, I have noticed that while adding new tips, that there is a severe lack of item variation. Instead of releasing 3.00 without new items, I have decided to add a bunch of new original and DotA items in order to add variation. This will add many new dynamics to the game. I plan on filling most shops with 12 items.

Last edited:
Level 13
It's finally finished. I've been having problems with Vexorian's optimizer, so the filesize is pretty large ATM. I'll work on compressing it for a 'b' version, but for now I'm done.

There weren't many hero or item additions like previous posts would lead you to believe, and that is because I would go through random triggers and find glitches, inconsistencies, and incorrect information causing heroes to not work correctly. This patch basically addresses version 2.00's flaws in heroes, and most of them have been addressed.

Many of the heroes like Attribute Mage and Demonicus have been revamped, and other heroes have been nerfed. The new Aghanims-like item will allow me to add more diversity and item choices for either weak, or single builded heroes.

Introducing a new hero type is Primus, the Cyberdroid. His mana is known as 'energy', and has many limitations with mana, but also has up sides.

I hope you enjoy the new version, it took over a year of laziness to complete!

Last edited:
Level 13
Hmmmm, interesting... =D

when DL-ing i saw it is a ".w3m" file.no prob with that,i just dont get used to looking at .w3m files cause many maps are .w3x
nice to see that you have finally learned to convert tft maps to roc :D
gonna check the new hero soon and tell you what i think about it^^

I think the RoC thing comes from the weird protection program I used. I couldn't get Vexorian's optimizer working, and I know this protector deletes an important world edit file. I hope to get the optimizer working soon so I can lower that filesize dramatically because the maps really only 2-3mbs.

Level 20
I think the RoC thing comes from the weird protection program I used. I couldn't get Vexorian's optimizer working, and I know this protector deletes an important world edit file. I hope to get the optimizer working soon so I can lower that filesize dramatically because the maps really only 2-3mbs.
wtf you serious? your map became roc from your protection program? last protecting program that i used to make a roc map damaged my map in a way that it wasn't even playable lol

Level 22
Is this in plain GUI or? There are a few things in JASS that can break Vex's optimizer and as I know you got the map de-protected aka opened (as you lost your backup I believe) and if there is concentraded strings in JASS then you're pretty much fucked or using natives from the common.ai file.

Level 13
Is this in plain GUI or? There are a few things in JASS that can break Vex's optimizer and as I know you got the map de-protected aka opened (as you lost your backup I believe) and if there is concentraded strings in JASS then you're pretty much fucked or using natives from the common.ai file.

Most of the map was made in GUI, and a fell select spells (Toss, Omnislash) were in JASS. I suppose I could try protecting another map to see if Pocket DotA has this problem alone, or if my optimizer is broken.

Level 20
hey there, i found a little mistake you did with items...Axe of Redemption Doubled is suppose to give +20 damage but it only gives +7

also when are you supposed to select secondary modes? i tried to use -em (easy mode) and -om (only mid) and none of them worked o_O

Barrier
combined with efficiency, his passive is op!! i could solo tower push without loosing that much hp lol, maybe you could change his passive so when he is lower than 30% hp a barrier activates, blocking the next 200 incoming damage with a 30 sec cooldown, and maybe the ability could be improved every few hero lvls...example: lvl 1 - blocks 100 dmg, lvl 3 - blocks 150 dmg, lvl 5 - blocks 200 dmg and goes like that;D

optional: i play LoL and there is a champ somewhat like these one(the passive i suggested is from that champ) and his passive also has another effect, every some seconds a random unit close to the champ get's damaged with a lightning strike dealing minor damage(maybe you could do the same and rename his passive into Lightning Barrier)

Efficiency
well nothing really to say about this, it just gives some magic res and faster energy regen...also makes his barrier passive epicly op O.O

Photonic Charge
this is a unique spell and i like the option you are giving us to use an AoE or a single target spell...the only thing i didn't like about it, is that it has really long cooldowns...and for such a small map having long cooldowns is really bad=/
you could reduce the cooldown of the spell and just reduce the dmg dealt because 750 dmg is A LOT for the single target spell lol, the AoE one was just find i guess...

Radar
i didn't like this spell at all...it kinda reminded me of twisted fate's ultimate ability on LoL, although his ability was able to reveal stealthed units, maybe you can do the same, make dummies with magic sentry ability and every 0.10 seconds or so instantly move them to the locations of all enemy heroes...

Mega Strength
this is what confused me the most...after seeing his Efficiency spell i instantly thought this was a tank hero, so why his ultimate gives bonus dmg? i guess you were aiming for a tanky ad hero right? maybe you could add attack speed too?

Hero Overall 4/5

well i hope that you actually read all of that instead of ignoring it because i wasted like 1 hour to write all of that lol

Level 13
hey there, i found a little mistake you did with items...Axe of Redemption Doubled is suppose to give +20 damage but it only gives +7

also when are you supposed to select secondary modes? i tried to use -em (easy mode) and -om (only mid) and none of them worked o_O

Barrier
combined with efficiency, his passive is op!! i could solo tower push without loosing that much hp lol, maybe you could change his passive so when he is lower than 30% hp a barrier activates, blocking the next 200 incoming damage with a 30 sec cooldown, and maybe the ability could be improved every few hero lvls...example: lvl 1 - blocks 100 dmg, lvl 3 - blocks 150 dmg, lvl 5 - blocks 200 dmg and goes like that;D

optional: i play LoL and there is a champ somewhat like these one(the passive i suggested is from that champ) and his passive also has another effect, every some seconds a random unit close to the champ get's damaged with a lightning strike dealing minor damage(maybe you could do the same and rename his passive into Lightning Barrier)

Efficiency
well nothing really to say about this, it just gives some magic res and faster energy regen...also makes his barrier passive epicly op O.O

Photonic Charge
this is a unique spell and i like the option you are giving us to use an AoE or a single target spell...the only thing i didn't like about it, is that it has really long cooldowns...and for such a small map having long cooldowns is really bad=/
you could reduce the cooldown of the spell and just reduce the dmg dealt because 750 dmg is A LOT for the single target spell lol, the AoE one was just find i guess...

Radar
i didn't like this spell at all...it kinda reminded me of twisted fate's ultimate ability on LoL, although his ability was able to reveal stealthed units, maybe you can do the same, make dummies with magic sentry ability and every 0.10 seconds or so instantly move them to the locations of all enemy heroes...

Mega Strength
this is what confused me the most...after seeing his Efficiency spell i instantly thought this was a tank hero, so why his ultimate gives bonus dmg? i guess you were aiming for a tanky ad hero right? maybe you could add attack speed too?

Hero Overall 4/5

well i hope that you actually read all of that instead of ignoring it because i wasted like 1 hour to write all of that lol

Thanks for the hero review and the feedback. Of course I'll read all of it :ogre_haosis:. I've been busy with my Dota2 website and Minecraft and haven't had much time to check on PocketDotA :thumbs_up:.

Thanks for the Axe of Redemption bug.

When the game starts, type the secondary mode with the first
ex: -Apem, -Rdom, -Aremom.

Cyberdroid took quite a while to make, and because I wanted to get him out to release the version, a lot of it was quite rushed.

His Radar skill is going to be remade. The spell was for an earlier prototype of him, and I decided to go with the current design. This spell fits in nowhere.

Because he is so different, I had trouble balancing him. I've got enough feedback from people now on how to make him better.

====================================
EDIT: July 4, 2012

I have decided to release a final version of this game that will incorporate all of the extensive map changes I implemented many months ago soon after 3.00 was released. I will additionally fix up all of the current bugs I can think of, and carry out many of the tasks that I left for myself in the map's trigger comments.

With Dota2 being out, and other things I have gained interest in, my interest with Warcraft 3 is completely dead. I will try to get this final version out as soon as it is finished. An unprotected version will be included in the main post in the event someone else wants to do something with it, I don't care.

There may be 'b' or 'c' versions that will add more Chalice of Divinity upgrades (Aghanims Scepter clone) and additional fixes if I ever get bored, but I think I'll stick with never returning to this project to do any major overhauls or additions.

====================================
EDIT: January 11, 2014

This map will not be updated any further. Message me if you want the unprotected version. I don't know if I have it at this point, but I'll look.

Last edited: