• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please help me with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I want to make a spell thats repeative ex. You cast 1 spell and 3 fire balls comes after eachother with like 1 sec delay. I would really appreaciate if someone could help. Im going to sleep now Good night. :goblin_sleep:

Level 5
This?:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Your Spell
  • Actions
    • Set Point = (Position of (Casting unit))
    • Unit - Create 1 Your Unit for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Add a 1.02 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Wait 0.50 seconds
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • Wait 0.50 seconds
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)
If you want to loop it:

• For each (Integer A) from 1 to How Many you Want, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
Point is a point variable. Just create a unit with a Firebolt ability. Set the abilities damage to how much you want and set the cooldown to 0.01 sec. and mana cost 0 if the unit has no mana. Hope it helps:)

Level 2
This?:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Your Spell
  • Actions
    • Set Point = (Position of (Casting unit))
    • Unit - Create 1 Your Unit for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Add a 1.02 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Wait 0.50 seconds
    • Wait 0.50 seconds
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)
If you want to loop it:

• For each (Integer A) from 1 to How Many you Want, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
Point is a point variable. Just create a unit with a Firebolt ability. Set the abilities damage to how much you want and set the cooldown to 0.01 sec. and mana cost 0 if the unit has no mana. Hope it helps:)

Well i want to do a spell like death coil but it heals your allies and dmg your enemies and it will be looping but it doesnt really work :O

Level 2
K i use the spell Penance (based of channel) then it shoots 1 bolt that heals/dmg (depending on ally/enemy) 150 and it will shoot 3 times like this. Fires 1 bolt w8 1 sec fires another one w8 1 sec fires the last one

Level 2
I mean you click on the target u want to use the skill on then the skills shoots the person ur targeting and heals or damage depending on allie or enemy

Level 5
Well i want to do a spell like death coil but it heals your allies and dmg your enemies and it will be looping but it doesnt really work :O

If it's Death Coil then it has to be:

• Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Death Knight - Death Coil (Target unit of ability being cast)
Or any of the spells, just put the spell in the middle, "Undead Death Knight - Death Coll". Also use the first trigger instead of the loop or add a wait in the loop so it doesn't cast all 3 times in 1 time.:) Also make sure your unit has no model, put none.mdx or anything like that in the Model File or just put it's scale to 0.01, also add Locust ability if you don't want the unit to be damaged. Hope it helps:)

Level 33
"The lightning" as you called it, it is just th SPECIAL EFFECT, noting more
You could add them by this:

• Lightning - Create a Chain Lightning - Primary lightning effect from source (Position of (Triggering unit)) to target Target
This is Lightning Effect
If you want other effect...

• Special Effect - Create a special effect at Target using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
This is just an example of it

I'm just doing the basic spell, not the eye-candy spell

Meh, this is what I got.
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Death Coil X 3
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit Target
      • Custom script: local real Real_amount
      • Custom script: local integer Int
      • Set Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set Real_amount = 80.00
      • Set Int = Int
      • Set temp_point = (Position of Target)
      • For each (Integer Int) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at temp_point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Death Coil X 3 [Dummy] to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Shadow Strike Target
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Target belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of Target to ((Life of Target) + Real_amount)
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage Target, dealing Real_amount damage of attack type Spells and damage type Universal
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_point)
          • Wait 0.50 seconds
If you want your channel, simply add Pause Triggering Unit before the For Each Integer loop and Unpause Triggering Unit after the For Each Integer loop. You can add in your own effects.

Level 2
Meh, this is what I got.
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Death Coil X 3
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit Target
      • Custom script: local real Real_amount
      • Custom script: local integer Int
      • Set Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set Real_amount = 80.00
      • Set Int = Int
      • Set temp_point = (Position of Target)
      • For each (Integer Int) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at temp_point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Death Coil X 3 [Dummy] to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Shadow Strike Target
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Target belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of Target to ((Life of Target) + Real_amount)
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage Target, dealing Real_amount damage of attack type Spells and damage type Universal
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_point)
          • Wait 0.50 seconds
If you want your channel, simply add Pause Triggering Unit before the For Each Integer loop and Unpause Triggering Unit after the For Each Integer loop. You can add in your own effects.

So what about variables? :p

Level 9
I will create the spell for you mon (;

Done the spell.

The current spell: Deals/heals 75/150/225 damage per second. CHANNELING.
What can be changed. Duration of channel (1 second=25 penitence_time), damage (just change the formula (it's 75xlevel)), special effect. (you'll see where). Damage/heal. err, everything :D Even the interval (just change the conditions (as already mentioned, 1second=25)

Attaching the map.

The spell is called Penitence.

Tiche3

Attachments

• Map to help Hivers By Tiche3.w3x
    41.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Level 2
I will create the spell for you mon (;

Done the spell.

The current spell: Deals/heals 75/150/225 damage per second. CHANNELING.
What can be changed. Duration of channel (1 second=25 penitence_time), damage (just change the formula (it's 75xlevel)), special effect. (you'll see where). Damage/heal. err, everything :D Even the interval (just change the conditions (as already mentioned, 1second=25)

Attaching the map.

The spell is called Penitence.

Tiche3

Ty very much

Status
Not open for further replies.