• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Please help me make a spell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Help on a new Jass Ability - Complex

Alright, so I'm trying to make a new ability based on a suggestion from a friend:

This is his description:

ultimate: Drop your sac and run from the cops. Goes invisibile, leaving a mirror image of himself which is actually a ward that basically does the beastmaster ultimate, but instead of dinosaurs or w/e, they are pigs.

To break it down, in order to make this ability I'll first start with mirror image, and that's where I get lost.

I'm not too sure how to continue from here; I'll just post a few possible situations:

Prefered Option:
I could make the image created uncontrollable, thus forcing him to stay still, attach a trigger that triggers upon his death or unsummoning, having a caster unit cast the "stampede", forcing him to stop when it died, meanwhile, giving the hero a form of windwalk [doesn't have to happen, optional].

Problem:
I don't know how to make the unit unable to be controlled, I also do not know how to how to trigger a caster to cast a channeling spell [nor the direction of it], nor how to make it stop upon his death. I also am stumped on the windwalk part.

Alternate Option 2:
Make it a summoning spell. Have it cast immediately after being summoned, in a random [or not so] direction. Have the hero windwalk afterwards.

Problem:
I could base this one off of windwalk, and use jass to force him to summon a spell. I'm still kinda new at Jass, so this is troublesome to me. I also don't know how to make a unit cast a spell when being summoned, or do an action, I've seen it with casters, but i'm not so sure about units.

Alternate Option 3:
Your choice ^^

Anyways, I hope that you can help me out with this ability, I'd appreciate it very much.

Level 11
I won't go into all the details, but here's how I think it should work. First, base the spell off of windwalk (so that part is done automatically for you). When that spell is cast, create the mirror image unit and give it a unit type classification of ward (it makes it uncontrollable, I think). Try to give it a stampede spell and make him cast it. If that won't work, use a dummy unit for casting stampede. You'll need the IssuePointOrder function to start the spell, and supply it the correct parameters.

I can't be sure this will work, but it should help point you in the right direction hopefully.

Level 14
Wards are controllable, but only by "smart" orders (right-click)...

stop saying "I don't know JASS so I can't do that spell" you DON'T need jass to cast spells dammit. JASS is useful for periodic triggers, systems etc but it ISN'T NECESSARY, so saying "I don't know JASS" won't spare you.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You do not know GUI and you want a jass spell? This is more for help while jassing than a jass request fourm. [MOVED] - Try the GUI fourm before the jass, ESPECIALY if you do not know both. We are even willing to improve your scripts but unless you are willing to spend the effort to try and make it your self, it is highly unlikly anyone will make them for you in JASS, thus GUI will get you better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.