• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Playstation] Final Fantasy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

FF7 - Awesome.

FF8 - Halfway through, awesome thus far.

That's my FF experience.

The one coming out for Wii will be in the Crystal Chronicles universe I gather, which means it will most likely suck ass, as did the Gamecube one.

Level 13
7, 8, 9, 10.

I played Crystal Chronicles, great at first, then I snapped back to my senses and realized it sucked.

I'm not playing FF 12, I hate what they did to the battle system, they changed it and took out random battles.

I personally love the new battle system, makes things go so much faster and it gives a whole new strategic feel to the game. Not that FF12 is a great game though, the story line is "so-so", the characters are not very well done and the very crappy "make boss ultra hard!11!!1" abilitys Immune to physical damage and Immune to spell damage is gay and a cheap way of making easy fights harder.

I've played following FF games:

Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy 2 (the Japan-only release)
Final Fantasy 3 (the Japan-only release)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (not so challenging :/ )
Final Fantasy 4 (FF2 in US & Europe)
Final Fantasy 5
Final Fantasy 6 (FF3 in US & Europe)
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9 (best FF game ever)
Final Fantasy 12 (Why? Why replace the good ol' ATB battle system with a crappy "Neverwinter Nights"-like battle system?)

Level 13
Oh FF X was a great game in my opinion, I started out with the original and then bought the international version.

International frustrated me alot what with the dark aeons and Penance.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
I´ve played 2-3-7-8-10-10x2 and 12, only finished ff10. I do remember poking around all of them through an emulator i just didn´t play them for long.
FF7 is ofcourse the best.
2nd is 10
12 is oki just lacks a more ff storyline.
Almost finished 8 i got stuck fighting that Sorceress which was draining riona´s life all the time.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I played (and finished to normal end) FF 4,5 and 6 (all GBA versions)
FF 5 I nearly completly finnished with the exception of max levels and the boss attack.
I played FF 3 for the DS but emulator are too unefficent, using just the CPU for the 3D graphics and so is too slow to be worth playing.
I played FF10 for the PS2 but my CPU is too slow to emulate it at pased 75% and turning down graphic enhancements did nothing since my graphic card is more than strong enough to run it.

Out of all of them I found FF5 to be the best folowed by FF6.
FF6 had a more complex story but FF5 was simpler and more forgiving for mistakes and did not have rigged ultima which almost always did 5000-9999 damage a use.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I played the dog races in FFX-2, I was pretty damn good after about 100 tries in a row.

Level 9
FFVII - Great game, worthy to spend your time on - Completed
FFVIII - Also good, but the story's a little confusing - 4th Disc
FFIX - Freaking awesome, best game for the PSX - Completed
FFX - Played it over and over, also great - Completed
FFX-2 - Big disappointment, the music sucks and it's like it's made for girls mainly *OMIGOD! DRESSPHERES!!* - Completed
FFXII - Best yet, I love the graphic, music, story, the characters etc etc. - Completed

The Final Fantasy series are truly worth the time spent to play them.

Level 4
I loathe the Final Fantasy series. Maybe it's the anime-ish Attitude and looks, I don't know, maybe it's the tacky, stupid, confusing plots, or maybe it's the horrid "Stand there and wait" battle system.

*Waits for a horde of angry fans to burn him alive*

Level 9
I can understand you at some point, Ihaterednecks. But the confusing plot, the battle system and repeating greatness is what makes the FF games so good.

Now at FFXII they took away the ATB system and replaced it with ADB.

But I must say I prefer the ATB since that's what makes Final Fantasy to what it is.

Level 26
Maybe it's the anime-ish Attitude and looks, I don't know
Don't like anime? Blame the Japanese, not FF.
maybe it's the tacky, stupid, confusing plots
nothing to say about that one. Unless you consider kingdom hearts or chrystal chronicles FF games, i've never played FF in my life, though i want to.
maybe it's the horrid "Stand there and wait" battle system.
Welcome to turn based combat.

Level 45
I'v finished ff7 and ff8..well almost.. got killed when she(?) transformed into the purple behemoth looking monster.

I got halfway through ff9, my dad finished that one, i didn't like the olden style.

My father finished ffx and ffx-2 (i didn't like it either..story in that one was butchered IMHO but the battle system was great)

and my dad also finished ff11 (the one with vaan or whatever), the battle systems was..okay, but ffx-2 was better on it. I also wasn't happy there was no bestial character in your party.

I believe ffx had the best story.. was so beautiful..and sin was awesome, and ffx had a lovly anime style, Ocean star is like its deformed brother who just turned the 3d anime style ewwy.

Level 15
I have only played Final Fantasy XII, which i think is great, but i suck on it. I am at King Raithwalls Tomb, Wyvern or something lvl 18. And i think the battle system is great, but i haven't seen the others. Something that i don't like with Final Fantasy series is that no follows the other at all, except "expansions".

Level 10
I loathe the Final Fantasy series. Maybe it's the anime-ish Attitude and looks, I don't know, maybe it's the tacky, stupid, confusing plots, or maybe it's the horrid "Stand there and wait" battle system.

*Waits for a horde of angry fans to burn him alive*

Agreed and seconded.

Retarded game where you go through 50 different options to swing your sword at an enemy.

MENUS!! HOW EXCITING!

I hate it, never will like it. I played it, spat on it, pissed on it and threw it away.

Never liked it, never will, dont try to convince me otherwise you will fail horribly.

Agreed and seconded.

Retarded game where you go through 50 different options to swing your sword at an enemy.

MENUS!! HOW EXCITING!

I hate it, never will like it. I played it, spat on it, pissed on it and threw it away.

Never liked it, never will, dont try to convince me otherwise you will fail horribly.

But then again you suck, so it makes sense that you don't like it.

Well you sure are a humorous person, take it easy, it was just a joke (though not crystal clear as I guess it is needed on the internet, or atleast the hive), but I guess that humour is not your strong side.

I could come with something smarter to say, but I really don't see the need for such as it was not a grand attack on your person, which obviously you couldn't understand.

Level 10
Well you sure are a humorous person, take it easy, it was just a joke (though not crystal clear as I guess it is needed on the internet, or atleast the hive), but I guess that humour is not your strong side.

how is saying you suck to someone a joke? A joke is funny. If what you said is considered "Humour" then no, i am not a very humourous person.

I could come with something smarter to say, but I really don't see the need for such as it was not a grand attack on your person, which obviously you couldn't understand.

Nice cover-up, i wish i could lie lilke that.

Me and my friends often say to eachother that "you suck" when someone dislikes something that another one likes, but is never meant in the supposedly extremely hatefull way that you seem to take everything, it is just a little joke that is quite common.

And why should I lie about what small jokes I make which took 20 seconds to write? You don't seem like a very clever person, but then again you never did.

Level 7
I miss the day when people keep begging me to let them know

"HOW YOU GET THAT ULTIMATE WEAPON AT DISC ONE?!"

in FFVIII =w=.

Level 6
Who needs ultimate weapon when you have level 5 chars and 99 GF´s?

I played every FF part till 10, then i stopped because i lack a PS2, though i played 10 at a friends place.

1 and 2 was almost the same or i played the wrong rom^^
3 was nice i liked the job system.
4 5 and 6 was also good.

7 Great Game but its way to much hyped because Sephirot.

8 My Favourite, i love the story also the Main Character was at the time like me except with the no parents part. I dont get the people who say complex storys ftl. I prefer if it not sure who is the bad and good guy. Also the change of hearts of the main char was nice^^

9 Eh good one, but i played way to much medieval FF so it was more like a FF3 with good graphics and nice story.

10 God that game was a cinematic... it was the first step into FF suckage...
Still good but it was nothing like the old parts.

about the other parts i dont know, never played them but i never heard good of them.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
FF10 had a lot of good ideas in it, the actual summons thet behaved like summons I liked but the stat system was a bit backwards. The combat system pawned though since it was stratergy not who can press the button with the least wasted time.

I prefered the plot of FF5 and the over all system, but FF7 still was good, lacked a bit of ballence with some spells though.

Level 5
Played:

FF 7 (good game, not great though)
FF 10 (Best FF I've ever played)
FF 10-2 (I didn't mind it, people say it sucked but it was just different, I still enjoyed it even though I really just played for the storyline XD)
FF 12 (I liked the new battle system and the game in general. Hunts were fun and challenging.)

Level 8
Final fantasy 1: Good but too plain
Final fantasy 2: See above
Final fantasy 3: Good but whoever wrote the plot should stop writing and get off Fanfiction.net...
Final fantasy 10:Good
Final Fantasy 12:Like DotA boring and imba.......
Those are the ones I played.....

Status
Not open for further replies.