1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Trigger] Player Group Not working!

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by HeretoDLstuff, Jun 1, 2007.

1. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why dose this trigger not work? I dont want to make 60 action just becuas player group dosent work, but It seems I might have to...

• Set Upgrades
      • Events
        • Time - Elapsed game time is 15.00 seconds
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Player Group - Pick every player in (all players varible) and do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Player - Set the current research level of Attack Damage Upgrade to 1 for (Picked player)
            • Player - Set the current research level of Health Regeneration Upgrade to 1 for (Picked player)
            • Player - Set the current research level of Health Upgrade to 1 for (Picked player)
            • Player - Set the current research level of Movment Upgrade to 1 for (Picked player)
            • Player - Set the current research level of Attack Speed Upgrade to 1 for (Picked player)

2. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    hmm, so long as your all players variable is correct and has all the players registered in it, it should work fine. i can provive some alternatives depending on who should be in the player group. also test them seperately by doing

• set Upgrades
      • Events
        • Time - Elapsed game time is 15.00 seconds
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Player - Set the current research level of Attack Damage Upgrade to 1 for Player 1 (Red)

test that the action works first.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2007
  3. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Considering I have a lot of other triggers useing that action and they work fine, I dont think its a bug with the action.
    EDIT: Yes, the player group has all players added to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2007
  4. edge[d1]

edge[d1]

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    if you are not trying to unlearn upgrades (which is not possible), we could use more info.

you probably got this covered, but just in case:
    are the upgrades enabled for all players in scenario -> upgrade properties dialog?
    do all your units have the upgrades given in the object editor?

5. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, Im trying to unlearn them.
    I dont know what you mean by that, but I have given them to all the units in object editor..

And I think I probly did the other thing too, even though I dont know what it it, since I have other working triggers that are learning unstead of unlearning..

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Unlearning is impossiable, you have to give up on that idea.
    Even jass can not do it so forget about it.

7. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    why not respawn the unit with the same properties; then give the unit all the upgrades needed and it would effectively give a downgrade;

8. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok.
    GST_Nemisis, thanks for the idea, ill try it.

9. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Upgrades are universal, so that shouldn't change it.

10. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    if thats true, and if you cant directly downgrade, you will have to find some other way of applying the upgrade, such as a buff or an item. im not sure exactly what you could use but if you were to do it some other way it would allow you to manipulate it easier.