• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Player cannot join the game (sees everything blank)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I am testing my new map, unfortunately, some players have the issue that they cannot see anything, everything remains blank.

upload_2021-2-1_18-44-34.png

They report that the download loading bar stays at 0 and then skips it.

I as game host sometimes just see a flash of a blue player with blank name entering, and leave within .1 sec.

On the other hand, a player that kept leaving and rejoining did manage to get in at the end. So it is not 100% unjoinable, but still very bad.
In solo play I have zero problems whatsoever.

Now I have to add following:
-map was converted to SLK format
-did no MPQ edits at all
-I put nothing in the Map Init trigger (main) > stuff starts at 0 sec game timer

So I guess the only cause can be something like corrupted imports? The map is rather large at 16MB.

Level 9
This is an optimization, shaves of 1MB and increases load times.

I just tested with normal format. Only changes are removal of wtg, w3c, w3r, and wct through MPQ edit.
The issue still persists, but some people are able to get in. Sometimes it needs closing down and re-opening WC3 to be able to start download on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.