• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playable Forest Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
How can i improve this playable terrain, i want to add grass but the grass model I downloaded, which is the only one i found, shows up at white model base. Replace shrubs for grass...
user171022_pic22188_1262168308bmpgi.jpg

Just a little bit of the village...

pic2.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic4.jpg

I need a lot of help with the Inn, i think its too ugly/plain, how can i get good flooring for it?

pic3.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6
Yeah I know but I'd like it to stay, if you look at it from the game its a grouping of them behind the walls.

Level 6
Well i'm definitely happy to hear that and I have 4 more ill bring up in a new thread. Unless you suggest me to upload it here, otherwise... new thread.

Level 6
Oh right right, I just started reterraining the whole place so I didn't really do much, I forgot to add elevation... Thank you for mentioning.

Level 6
well its not like its the night elf capital just village, but yeah i guess i should change the buildings...

Level 6
Does anyone have any suggestions on the inn? Thats what i need help on, especially cus everyone else already said something on village.

Level 6
I'm going to totally change the layout of it but I need to know how I can make it a good floor instead of ground, only way I've used before is make the model of a pier big enough so you can't see its lights and thats wooden floors, but I can't find any floor models... except bamboo on hive.

OHASDFKSJKA, you know what, I never look at skins because i'm not fully sure on how to apply skins. But i just looked at them and thats where all the wooden floor terrain tiles are... except I have to look up how to apply them...

Last edited:
Level 48
The inn is inside a Dwarven town\village, I suppose? Add beer on the tables and near the bartender, make some wooden flooring, get some decoration like plants, make some lamps of sorts up the roof(with a light source), replace a few of the "Adventurers" with a few mountain kings or riflemen, add some barrels(of beer) around, add more tables with chairs.

Level 6
The inn is inside a Dwarven town\village, I suppose? Add beer on the tables and near the bartender, make some wooden flooring, get some decoration like plants, make some lamps of sorts up the roof(with a light source), replace a few of the "Adventurers" with a few mountain kings or riflemen, add some barrels(of beer) around, add more tables with chairs.

Yeah I just downloaded "The Ultimate Terraining Map" so i'll have a lot of models to work with, I'll lay out the inn differently this time with a lot more props. Thanks for saying something on inn...

Yeah I just downloaded "The Ultimate Terraining Map" so i'll have a lot of models to work with, I'll lay out the inn differently this time with a lot more props. Thanks for saying something on inn...

UTM has a ton of models, but also takes up a ton of space. Don't forget to go back and delete every model you don't need when your done

Level 6
oh haha, yeah yeah, i just downloaded for first time a couple days ago, and yeah now i have a lot to work with, bit overwhelmed. I have to look up how to make doodads be in the air....

oh haha, yeah yeah, i just downloaded for first time a couple days ago, and yeah now i have a lot to work with, bit overwhelmed. I have to look up how to make doodads be in the air....

The categories make it easier to figure out what you need (tree = tree of course, things like Ruins = stuff you would put in ruins). Its actually quite useful.

To make doodads float, select it. Hold Control then hold Page Up to move it up and Page Down to move it down. If you move it again (doesnt count for rotation) it returns to normal height. Its height stays independent of the terrains height so you can raise and lower it under it.

Level 6
I'm on my mac right now, and i tryed it and it didnt work, ill try with PC tho, thats awsome, thanks for letting me know

Status
Not open for further replies.