1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Planet Of The Orcs 3.4.1

Submitted by Blackrockorc
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
MY FIRST MAP, I LEFT IT UN-PROTECTED SO FEEL FREE TO LEARN FROM IT
[​IMG]
Change Log
http://www.brokenalliances.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=1779
Introduction
Planet of The Orcs is a survival game, not quite yet finished in all its aspects I'm getting there tho. That takes place on the outskirts a fictional city located within Draenor.

The terrain is somewhat resembles Zangarmarsh + Hellfire Peninsule. The game has no legit story and is up for a change if anyone is willing to write one. The game chronicles around a rebellion that is taking place within the city. The troll rebel leader is Kunte Kinte, he was the first to defy the orcs domineering tasks. Though him the trolls find leadership and organization. They're making a stand and fighting for their freedom.

Terrain

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Gameplay

You can survive the waves of enemies doing using various methods of survial. If you wanna make repair bots, weak units, walls, and towers as in fortress survival thats possible. If you prefer to be a badass Rambo dude and slaughter enemies resident evil style, thats also doable. Those two not your style of gameplay, then you can just base with friendly trolls and work together.

Your character changes with each weapon you decide to use. combine your weapon+armor to survive. If you are mounted on an animal your are limited to armor and no weapon(i need to figure out a trigger to make weapons null if on animal)

Weapons
When weapons are picked up and clicked they change trolls into different classes.
Weapon Class

[​IMG]

.44 Magnum-Pirate
Knives-Ravager
Spear-Headhunter
Chafed Spear-Spear Master
Flaming Spear-HeadHunter Beserker
Psi Blades- Psionic Phatom
Cufflinks-Mage
Cane-Arbiter
Boomerang-ShadowHunter
ExoSuit-Samus
PickAxe-Builder
Battle Axe-Axe Thrower
Warlord Axe- Warlord
Wand-Voodoo Preist
Staff- Preist
Club-Witchdoctor
Sword-Samurai
Bow-Archer
Bacardi Rum- Fiend
Dagger-Assassin
Scimitar- StormReaver
Mammoth Hunter-Mammoth Blade

Armor
Armors give abilities, may only hold one at a time unlike weapons.

Warlock Shroud-Rain of Fire, Skull of Flames
Hunter Hood-Beserk, Critcal Strike
Assassin Shiek-Shadowmeld, Evasion
Radiation Suit-Radiation,Toxic Spew
Spiked Plate- Imaple, Spiked Armor
Voodoo Rags-Hex, Big Bad Voodoo
Jungle Armor- Mosquitoes, Entangle
Lich Veil- Frost Nova, Frost Armor
Tauranian Battle Gaurd- Pulverize- Slam
Tempest Spaulders- Monsoon
Project Members
Leader-Blackrockorc
Terrainer-Blackrockorc
Story(needs work)-Blackrockorc
Triggerer-Blackrockorc
Other....Guess who.... Blackrockorc
Feel free to join the team if interested
Mounts
When players tame animals and have the respective mount they are able to mount animals.
Mounts
[​IMG]

Bat
Raptor
Pig
Panther
BearMount
Croc(coming soon)

Random Stuff

I did the terraining, and everything else aside from models.
Ill begin working on credits as soon as i can.
PM me if your model is in the game i didnt credit you, lost original read-me's cuz cpu died and i had to pull the map from mapgnome. +didnt kno how to add a credit thing in the F1 menu as i'm new to mapping.

I update the map constantly. the version number 2.4.1 is the times i save the game since i started public testing.

PM if you beat it and send me a replay. I dont want this to be another game where a wash rinse repeat strat works.

post suggestions n balance issues at the official forum http://www.brokenalliances.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=1779
Credit[/hidden

Shiik-Frost Troll SKin
Caveman-Bed, Dire Troll , Forest Troll Bear Rider
Joke Master-Troll Predator
takakenji-Dark Troll Worker
Lord_T-Troll Pirate, Troll Samurai, Troll Raptor Rider
jigrael-Troll Ravager, Python Warrioress
t-rav2010-Troll Assassin
HappyTauren-Troll
Ket-Troll Boarrider
Nasrudin-Troll Mage
Norinrad-Troll Skull Splitter
Bart_Illidan- Dark Troll Shadowmage
GreyArchon-Bat
Huinipachutli-Dire Troll Skin
Hound Archon-Illidan Skin
lieutang-Brick Wall
Taylor_mouse-War Golem, Zuldrak Golem

Keywords:
Survival, Mini-Game
Contents

Planet Of The Orcs 3.4.1 (Map)

Reviews
15:19, 14th Sep 2010 Cweener: Approved My post.
  1. 15:19, 14th Sep 2010
    Cweener: Approved
    My post.

2. dogles

dogles

Resources:
    Resources:
    please improve the description and add screenshot

3. oldmilk

oldmilk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tell us how many players are required/minimum to play this?

4. yeohxin

yeohxin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    More info of the map is needed

5. light bolt30

light bolt30

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    First uploaded map on the Hive... Read the submission rules yet?
    You should use these BB Codes to improve that description, currently looks very discouraging to read. You should use tables and hidden tags, colours and different size fonts, and maybe add some screenshots.

6. JGGDMakervb6

JGGDMakervb6

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think you should use bb codes and add screenshots so people will imagine the game
    Am I right?
    That's only a plain text
    It is like reading a story book with no pictures
    Check also your grammar

7. MJC008

MJC008

Resources:
    Resources:
    You cant play this map single player, way to hard. The main guy (I would recommend changing the name) has a large agro range and will run to the south to fight the waves of monsters even if the defenses are still up. He dies too fast along with the base to the east, if you try to defend that base it leaves the other base open for attack. Mounts are useless because you lose all of your moves the weapons and armor give you. Its more use full to tame a group of beasts for allies than mounts. On the plus side terrain is great, weapons and armor have a nice series of spells that go with them and the models you used were perfect.

8. pregomal

pregomal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some incorrections at the text

The image: World of Planet of the Orcs? Wouldn't you change the map name to World of the Orcs, then change the part wrote Planet of the Orcs to only Orcs? World of Planet of the Orcs seems TOO Incorrect. A World, of a planet. Weird. :thumbs_down:
    Second part: Game name and Gameplay: The Name is Planet of the Orcs. Why you control Trolls?

9. Blackrockorc

Blackrockorc

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lol well your on a planet predominantly with orcs

if your on east some time pst me n ill host it up... fills everytime. ill show you how useful mounts are. you can use armor on mounts just not weapons

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2010
  10. Ironside

Ironside

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't double post, use edit button.

1200th post >D

11. FrostScythe

FrostScythe

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should really hide your pictures...

Voting:3/5

12. Blackrockorc

Blackrockorc

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    give me reviews people.

13. AsXurian

AsXurian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Inspiration

I must say, i'm inspired by this map. It melds together my favorite custom heroes and survival RPG's all into one Warcraft story centered map. I love the choice of a troll rebellion that alone gets you 5/10. Even though i love it, the point of these posts is not only for praise, it's for criticism.

I think a timer before the waves come might be a good addition but otherwise, I think that wave strength should be regulated according to the amount of ppl. I tried this in 1-player and unfortunately to check out models and skills i had to use an invincible cheat. srry :( . Opinion: my favorite model was the mammoth blade-mammoth hunter. All models and spells that i got to try were great.

Terrain: 9/10 - I found several of the buildings/pathways confusing, that is only me though.
    Gameplay: 10/10 - I have no idea how many waves it'll go up to, but i could play this for hours on end.
    Spells: 8/10 - Having the regular skills is essential to a game useing the regular races, i approve XD.
    Items 10/10 - I love ur item system, models/skills applied by armor and weapons may have been done before but I have seen many systems allow several changeable sets in the backpack at once.
    Lag 9.5/10 - As far as i can tell, i had no lag until (guessing here) the 6th wave when an army of Shamans appeared.
    I will look forward to any new versions, compelted or otherwise.

Final Grade: AWSUM/10

Good luck to your future projects.
    :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

14. Blackrockorc

Blackrockorc

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    im glad you enjoyed it. the newer version reduces the opness of shamans and raiders sorry if you made it to that wave and got pwnd. On the respawn trigger when a raider dies it was spose to spawn a raider n peon not raider n shaman. lol that created the opness. Anyways thank you for the review.
    Wisp me if your on us.east id get the bot to host for ya.
    ...Changelog
    Added bearmount. buffed axe thrower. voodoo spirits now uses red skull(cuz red skulls r cool+ its a hidden model)
    Raptor nerfd cuz he could solo til like wave 7.
    added the cascades of waterfalls area

15. AsXurian

AsXurian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thnxs, i'll be sure too. It seems a very interesting game for online play. I ask though, is there reason not to start with a weak weapon like a dagger or something in beginning room for each char? I suppose starting with no weapons emphasizes the survival bit a lot more. lol I answered my own question
    XD :) XD

16. Blackrockorc

Blackrockorc

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    exactly but i think ill add one weapon or armor to a each spawn spot

17. AsXurian

AsXurian

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did notice that you updated since the last time i downloaded and i'll still play/comment on this game. (still luv it :D ) but i would seriosuly suggest a changelog.

It tells all players what has been fixed, and what to look out for even more.

I didn't get through all models last time but i'm going to check out every single one this time :).

I'm going to give this fair warning. I have started testing balance of the models and skills. This list is going to be long........

Please, bear with it. :hohum:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2010
  18. Cweener

Cweener

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @ AsXurian
    Don't double post again.

~Posts merged.

19. AsXurian

AsXurian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok here goes....

This is going to be a long post.....
    Very Long Post

First i like the new start point.

Weapons:
    .44 Magnum & Sword - its ok, I'd add a bigger description to the skill "shoot", add dmg. range or something. Plus put some more skills in there.
    Assassin's Dagger - With cripple, remove the slow its virtually pointless, instead of anti-magic shell put in poison, it befits an assassin. Slash is good idea but add a bleed effect with maybe 1-2 dmg per second.
    Boomerang - slow down the attack speed, just before the last attack hop hits he attacks again. I recommend putting the shadow image skill to 50 mana and add a daze skill like a blunt weapon should have, that could lower move speed, useful for a lon-range char. Change the attack hop to 2 hits maybe, or keep the 3-hit and lower dmg.
    Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum - where did the taunt skill go? set higher hp, warstomp- 4 sec. stun, 30-40 dmg. Change Bash to 20%.
    Cane - add the serpent ward skill. Why bio scan? due to what the skill suggested the name should be more along the lines of Bio Corruption.
    Chafed Spear - no changes, Good Model.
    Claw & Spear - The name and model suggest a non-magical melee unit. I must bring up the fact of the skills Mana Purge and Blink. I suggest getting rid of blink and putting in an attack skill of some sort and a passive ability.
    Club - I suggest a different model. The current one suggest a magical-weak melee character. Weapon name suggest big brute. Why put in serpent ward?
    Cufflinks - Change name to spellbook. Cufflinks doesn't have relation to magci like model doe. Add another spell, make it better than fireball, give char. 150 mana.
    Exo-Suit - photon cannon skill did not appear. I am skeptical about having Samus in the game XD
    Flaming Spear - Good model choice for weapon. Incinerate is a fine skill, i'd modify the skill Searing Arrows to Searing Tips and add it, also put in fire attack skill like flame strike. You have to choose between Searin Tips or Incinerate.
    Knives - Great model. Only thing i'd change is a good attack speed and the skill either howl or the terror yell spell.
    Mammoth Blade - No changes, good the way it is
    Mystical Long Bow - grammar nazi moment, Long Bow is spelled Longbow. Change Black Arrow to either Searin or Frozen Arrow. Add a line attack skill and also give a passive skill, like evasion or crit. stirke.
    Scimitar - love model even though snake makes no sense XD. I only question what a scimitar has to do with lightning skills...
    Spear - lower mana cost on sentry ward, only worth 5-10 mana. Like suggested in Flaming Spear, make something like barbed spear tips, bleed dmg. or even cripple or something. Add Beserk, only with the 50% attack speed increase.
    Staff - Troll Priest needs 150 mana and some form of attack spell, like a holy wrath AoE spell, but it doesn't have to be strong.
    Sword - Add the Cleaving attack skill. remove drunken haze, has nothing to do with the samurai/swordsmen concept. Add crit. strike.
    Pickaxe - This is a long one. A defense builder is a good idea, need some of them on map though. Add a bunker to the build list, lower build times on towers. Mostly on the Watch Tower, make the buildings buildable almost anywhere. The Treant unit in barracks is missing the tooltip name and while modifying the barracks add a tank-type unit with low dmg. and taunt to build list, make it require a lot of wood though. Also the build icon stays on character even after removal of Pickaxe. please fix, i have suspision that it interfeared with addition of skills on the Psionic Blades and Exo-suit and such.
    Psionic Blades - great idea. add blink or some sort of mind-steal skill. Life steal didn't appear.
    Wand - Great model, I love the Nether Nova spell. I compliment your creativeness witht he voodoo spirits, i like the skull models on them. he should have 150 mana and should have a curse-type of spell.
    Warlords Axe - The name suggested (in my imagination) a large, bulky bad @.$.$. tauren chieftan type of troll with giant melee axe. I was slightly confused when i got a troll with, count'em, "two" midget axes. Otherwise, wind walk is good skill, i'd add shockwave and cleave skills.

Armor:
    Assassin's Shiek - plz rename, I had no idea what a shiek was and when i tried to find out i learned Shiek didn't exist. Sheik did and it meant old man/chieftan. If Shiek meant someting of a cloak then i'd add fan of knives instead of shadowmeald.
    Hunters Hood - With the berserk skill get rid of the + 50% dmg.
    Jungle Armor - How is Mosquito Tracker useful? The creep, even if you used it on them, would follow you and get killed anyways. Add resistant skin, liek with a 10% chance to block 10 dmg.
    Tauranian Battle Guard - I can't remember the name but one skill on there has a slow movement effecft, remove. Add a small armor reduction effect with the slam dmg., maybe a knockback also.
    VooDoo Rags - rename the big bad voodoo, it just doesn't fit a shield spell. If you remove the Voodoo rags, Devour Magic stays until you activate another armor on you.
    The rest of the armor - I didn't write these down but they all looked just fine. Some of them had a nice color change/ look difference. I don't suggest changeing them unless bugs or glitches.

Miscilaneous and Creatures:
    Crocadile - The devourer skill doesn't work.
    Kodo Beast (creep) - Get rid of devour skill, it ate me while riding raptor.
    Raptor - Add slash skill to raptor.
    Other Tameables - I didn't try them out but have a passive skill for them, like the bear could have Bash.
    Misc. - With the waves, eventually Cave Trolls and Naga join the orcs.... Didn't get..... and WHY have master splinter and the ninja turtle Leonardo join the fight???? Instead of all the skills with movement speed reduce, make a tar/goo/glue/slime mine that'll slow them down instead, allowing more survival related effects/skills to be placed. I still believe Mounted Riders need some skills or something. Also make them heroes so they can't be eaten. Does the game end if that Kunte Kinte guy dies??

Hero Suggestions: More or less these are ideas, not fully created heroes.
    Demonic Troll - wings, possible tail. Have fire or ice spells, summon Infernal with low summon lifetime. Line attack skill with a demonic weapon or claws. Howl of Terror skill. Should fight boss to Obtain.
    Mutant Troll - A mix between a troll and the Alien. Has a tail and claws, crawls or runs on all-fours. Poison Mist breath? windwalk (stalk skill). Tail attacks and such. Fight boss to obtain.
    Troll Guardian - A Troll paladin of sorts with armor, shield and a hammer. Uses skills like bash, avatar, heal, or lightning hammer. Fight Boss to Obtain.
    Troll Kegmaster - A semi-copy of the Pandaran Hero. Only has Keg under arm. Uses skills related to alchohal or lighting oil and such.
    Troll Necromancer - Self-explanitory. Death Coil, Summon Undead Skills. Maybe even Summon Undead animals. Dead Mounts...... Give 150 mana.

All comments made above are more or less, Suggestions not commands, requests, orders etc. Enjoy your day and I apologize to anyones eyes who had to read this.

ALL HAIL WARCRAFT!!!!!!!

:mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010