• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Picture] Naga Lurker A tribe shunned by the naga Queen Ashara, the tribe was sent to the abyss,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Naga Lurker

A tribe shunned by the naga Queen Ashara, the tribe was sent to the abyss, the darkest place in the maelstrom. Living there for hundreds of years, the maelstrom's wicked energy mutated the tribe, turning them into monsters of the deep. To hunt in the abyss, the naga gained lights, through the transformation in the mealstrom, and have nasty tempers. They use their rods to draw in prey before biting it to death. When in war, they can brighten their rod lights to give the appearance of a massive army marching towards enemies.

Attachments

• 10749.jpg
    10749.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 49
Level 23
... that's cause it was the idea to have it that way... -.-

Also, it is a fixed part of the head. I didn't want to animate the model from scratch, and make the extra bones for the rod, so I simply geomerged it. Also, I tinted the texture and made sure it had tropical colors so players don't lose their own units in the map XD

Level 15
Yay random quotes

"I come from the abyss"
"I will destr... oooh shiny light!!!"
"Follow the light......and get eaten"
"Fish find me attractive... literally"

Level 23
one day, perhaps we could create some screwed up mutant, the result of a faulty, and ultimatly lethal spell/explosion, that killed everyone else, but the spell(s) incorperated mutated the one naga into some wild beast.

lol that happened to give me an idea on the design :p

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I'm sorry, but how can you possibly think this is enough? I can't enough model (or geomerge, usually...), but I can tell this'll never make it. You just put on an angler-fish light.

Misha is dead right. All her suggestions won't make it look like a freak; they'll make it look cool, and *gasp* unique. I mean, you literally just have the Royal Guard, + a blinking tentacle-light (that doesn't even move).

... Sorry if I seem harsh, but it felt like you were kinda done with it. Coral scythe = absolutely. Disfigured arm, yeah. boney, thin body: totally; how could he possibly get that ripped and muscular down that deep? The water pressure alone would keep him compact and lethal.

Level 23
... I know it's not enough... >_> But I'm not submitting it to the Hive at all. The last geomerged models, the Berserkers, were rejected solely for being geomerges. Which is a loss on the Hive's part. Misha (guy) has already told me that what I have as the basic idea is not enough, and I already knew that. I have already received ideas on how to improve it, but I'm not crippling the naga. I did not want to reanimate the model, so the rod stays stiff. That's final. All your doing is repeating all the previous posts. -.-

And I'll make this clear: This is NOT being submitted to the Hive, cause I know they hate geomerges (though they HAVE accepted ugly ones before >_>) and Hive has a record for dismissing my models for ages and finally getting rid of them (>_>)

Oh, and the mutant part, was an idea for ANOTHER model possibility, not this. I will add armour and a new weapon to this model, but I'm not changing the physical shape That is that.

Level 15
Even if this was just the royal guard with the myrmiden skin, then i could use it. That way i would have the royal guard model for both the coilfang tribe and the daggerspine tribe. More models means bigger and better tribes. So to me, it doesnt matter if it is just a simple geomerge. Just because its simple doesnt make it useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.