1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Personal Problems

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Screamernail, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The moderators job is to put an end to conflict and enforce the rules. They aren't here to make you feel good. They aren't here to be your friend.

If you want to be coddled so badly, log off. Because you won't find any safe spaces here. If you're that fragile, it isn't our problem. Nobody, least of all the moderators, has to cater to some simpering weakling.

2. Jake Kessler

Jake Kessler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And here's a perfect example. Which part of this is meant to send the message "Mods are here if you have problems," exactly?

lmao, it's not about being "coddled" or whatever the fuck. We're a bunch of dudes playing around with a 16 year old game. It's not like people are flocking to this community in droves. Recognizing when problems arise and working to address them so people feel like there's a reason to keep logging into this hellsite should be something mods give a shit about if they want the community to survive at all, much less if they want new people to stick around.

This attitude of "If you're having a problem, fuck off, we don't want you anyway" is baffling to me, especially since the whole point of this place is to collaborate with other people and work together to solve problems and make cool shit. The name-calling shit is weird as fuck. Why wouldn't you want the people you're collaborating with to want to keep collaborating? What's the upside in telling people to log off? What a bizarre attitude.

3. Jake Kessler

Jake Kessler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Like I don't know what weird drama you guys had in the past, I'm just here to make shit with cool people. If there's a problem let's figure it out together. It's weird that that's not y'all's mindset.

4. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You're whining about nothing. Babbling nonsense trying to act like the mods are such huge assholes or some bullshit. It's idiotic.

If you want someone to be an asshole, you got one.

5. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I help an absurd amount of users a day, and I love doing it. I will continue to do so until I no longer have the time to do it. That feeling changes when I deal with stubborn people who are clearly just trying to waste my time. If you have no intention to settle something, then stop responding because you aren't going to bring anything to the table.

6. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's okay Jake, I've got your back!

lolhive.png

7. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I guess I'm an asshole mod for trying to understand people's perception ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. Jake Kessler

Jake Kessler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't get the attitude, I really don't.

9. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I may offer a suggestion as a former mod of a pretty big site - I think this thread should be locked.

First an foremost, the thread itself has already been severely derailed from the original topic and won't benefit the OP any longer.

Secondly, from my mod experience, nothing good has ever come out of a public discussion about moderation of this kind.
    There's too many negative emotions floating around for you guys to reach an agreement and chances are that the only place this thread goes from now is even further south.

I'd also recommend that you guys all take a moment to relax and if @Jake Kessler and @TheLordOfChaos201 have any further complaints or suggestions about moderation, they either go to the Staff Contact forum or take it up with @Ralle or @Archian.

10. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The attitude comes from you trying to pick a fight because one moderator wasn't immediately sucking your dick.

You're the one perpetuating things here. You're the one going on about something you know next to nothing about. You're the one being disagreeable. The onus is on you, and you're not even aware of that. By Lucifer's beard, man. You're dense.

Lets try putting it more simply.
    [​IMG]

11. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @MasterBlaster there's no reason to close the thread. No one broke the rules and the thread didn't go off topic. OP had asked if anyone else had personal problems, and here we are, talking about personal problems.

12. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    KILLCIDE is one of the most helpful members I’ve ever known.

About projects. I have worked on this site on and off since its start. Motivation goes up and down. There’s never a reason to QUIT. Stop working on it and stop feeling bad about it. It’s a ducking hobby, remember? It’s meant to make you feel good, not guilt. Maybe some time later you will resume working on it.

13. Sharkarsh

Sharkarsh

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Lordofchaos has succeeded his mission.

14. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thread closed.

I want to make it abundantly clear that:
    1. If anyone has a problem with a staff member, ever. Let me know. I haven’t kept this site for so long without caring about the health of the community.
    2. Going from personal problems to the staff and community of this site sucks is both off topic and not constructive at all. If you have a problem, come to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.