1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

People who went off the rail

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Reon, Dec 12, 2019.

1. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uhm I don't really see it as a problem. It means I get to test out poisons and drugs I've made and haven't had the chance to try out on humans.

Like I seriously don't get how doctors can turn away a person who is desperate for a cure and instead say, "Sorry but there is nothing more I can do for you"

I would jump for joy at the opportunity! Now I get to test out all the options that might kill you but in the process I might find a cure

2. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    Jump for joy at being/become a doormat for someone?

3. Lord Esdin

Lord Esdin

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Spear

@TheLordOfChaos201

Here's my take on this:

Generally I've noticed that there are 3 types of people who lack friends:

The loners (they prefer to be alone and there's nothing wrong with that)

Snakes/Backstabbers

People with toxic personalities

No one wants to handle extra BS - if you do maybe some sort of personal therapy/counseling could be a good career path for you

4. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think you're missing the issue here, toxic people tend to drag you down psychologically. There is no benefit to being around them and by doing so you're only screwing yourself over. @TheLordOfChaos201 is saying that he wants to have a chance at fixing the person despite having to do so will be detrimental to him. The problem with this is you're trying to fix the incurable, this is not gonna happen, but you will definitely be dragged down by attempting it.

5. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Spear

I guess I can't talk because I haven't really tried it yet. I just abuse my friends before they get the chance to develop into an asshole. I've never walked up to a complete stranger and attempted to fix them

6. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok. Here you said you stick to your friends despite them being toxic.

And that a bad attitude is no different than being stricken by a disease.

There is a big difference because someone effected by a disease will not negatively impact those around them, while a toxic personality will. (Also many diseases are curable)

Again you cant fix something that's incurable and it makes absolutely no sense to stick with someone who only psychologically drags you down, there is absolutely no benefits to this situation, it's just detrimental to you.

7. Lord Esdin

Lord Esdin

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Spear

Look if someone prefers to poison his life by being around toxic people let him, whatever makes you happy right?

8. Scorpio

Scorpio

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont think anyone wants to be around toxic people - hes just saying that on an internet forum irl when you encounter toxic behavior you will get fed up and simple avoid the person.

My friend had a girl who was particularly toxic, but he liked her because she was both hot and considerably younger than he was, now she was a bit crazy and after he broke up with her she would find ways to get money out of him, in one instance it was telling him she needed money for an abortion from him, in another instance claiming that she was severly ill and needed it to pay for hospitals, once she even went as far as to call him and tell him that she'll report him for rape if he didn't send her money.
    He got rid of her by basically going to a different city, and she found some dude who was old enough to be her dad, and my friend was happy to be left alone. Now after some time the old dude got tired of her and shes back to trying to get with my friend, except now he doesn't wanna have anything to do with her.

Lessons from this: people will put up with toxic people to an extent, but once it gets too much they will leave and do whatever it takes to stay away from the person.

9. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Lord Esdin

This
    Also I think some people may get "desensitized" to someone's toxicity, basically not notice it but once they hang out with other people they will start to be more aware of it and will then distance themselves from the toxic individual.

Secondly it depends on how much time you have to spend with the toxic person and how toxic he is, lots of time and highly toxic - anyone would run. People may tolerate little time with a highly toxic person or more time with a person who is only a little toxic, but it varies from person to person. But as I've stated before no one will want to be around toxic people......besides maybe psychiatrist who get paid for it.

10. Lord Esdin

Lord Esdin

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's a hell of a story there

@Spear I agree with you but I dont wanna waste time debating on the internet about it, if @TheLordOfChaos201 says says he likes being around toxic people, let him be around toxic people. I personally don't think he actually does in real life...but thats just my opinion...if he does kudos to him, but toxicity is what everyone strives to get away from, even trained professionals (psychiatrists, psychologists, etc.) can go crazy from dealing with it so I doubt he's any different.

@Scorpio The lady you described isn't just toxic; thats a total snake right there. There's no wonder your friend decided to run from her, people like that dig their own ditches...there's no excuse or justification for that type of behavior

11. Scorpio

Scorpio

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was not just my friend - it was more like every guy that girl has ever been with

look at it this way - if some guy who was twice her age (he was ~40 years old) got rid of her - she has problems

12. Lord Esdin

Lord Esdin

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Scorpio

All I can say is: what loony bin did he find her in?

13. Reon

Reon

Resources:
    Resources:
    this has strayed so far from the original topic....

14. EnterpriseReforged

EnterpriseReforged

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was thinking this same thing reading through this.... at one point I was even confused at what I was reading.

15. Togra_blah

Togra_blah

Resources:
    Resources:
    What exactly did you want addressed in your original message?

You are, I expect, the only person who knows the individual who went through this, to you, unexpected transformation.

It sounded like you'd been out of contact for about a year.

You mentioned reading people.

That one year gap seems somewhat akin to skipping a few novels in a series and expecting to still know what's what.

IMO, you have at least a few options.

Try to reconnect, fill in the gap, get to know the person again if you have the means and drive to do so and it can be done *safely* (safety does seem like it could be an issue with this individual now, by your account).

Get in contact with people close to them and encourage them get the individual to seek professional help as, from where I sit, it sounds like the person in question could benefit from it.

Possibly try to consider why the situation is eating at you - is it because of what's happening to the person, or is there something else in play?

IMO, that of some random guy on the internet, it seems like you're hoping someone will have the answer as to why what happened happened.

We can guess, debate, consider, surmise, but it's possible no one, including the person who underwent the change, knows the whole story.

If they were mentally compromised in some manner or another - there are plenty of venues and I feel no need to name any - even *they* may not have the insight into the why.

As the bumper sticker says, s*** happens.

However, understanding said excrement - in the scope of emotional trauma - and "cleaning up" after it is a job for mental health professionals, if you ask me.

16. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cant think of anything more to add that hasnt yet been stated

17. Reon

Reon

Resources:
    Resources:
    i cant really get in contact with him because i dont know where hes at and as far as I know he has pushed all his former friends away. i thought he was still talking to one of our mutual friends but the friend told me he basically cant stand him and hasnt been in contact in months, maybe the people in the thread are right and he is just a pos

18. Lord Esdin

Lord Esdin

Resources:
    Resources:
    in that case you're right, he's just a pos, stay away from him

19. Reon

Reon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will/am

20. Spear

Spear