• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] People getting kicked out of my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
first up: sorry the thread might not be 100% correct here but i didnt find a more suitable topic

when i host one of my maps and players want to join they stay for a few seconds and then they get kicked off the game (i tried this with friends who for sure didnt leave manually). anyone knows smth about this issue? (already happened with the same map before 1.31)

Level 9
yes in the lobby, when i send them the map before and they add it to their mapsfolder manually everything is working fine, other maps can be downloaded without issues

i attached the map

Attachments

• Yogg-Defense.w3x
    33.3 MB · Views: 65
Level 3
Maybe it’s because of the 8 mb map size limit? Tell your friends to download limit remover.

Level 3
that 8 mb limit was removed long time, wasnt it? isnt it about 128mb right now?
Oh didn’t know that, I’m still with the old patches.

However I still suspect that the problem is with custom files that other players are missing is what gets them kicked (I had similar problems). I’m not into this but maybe the map needs custom resource files or something. Does the problem occur only with the map you attatched?

Level 9
if i click on that icon nothing happens ... - can only rename it

upload_2019-6-16_22-44-48.png

Last edited:
Level 9
nope didnt help, it seems like maps with a large filesize need to be "uploaded" to b-net now, before that upload isnt complete ppl cant join the game and get the "failed to receive map data" error + a kick - for larger maps as mine that means it takes about 1 min of ppl joinen and getting kicked but after 1 min everything seems fine

Status
Not open for further replies.