• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pedobear WIP.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
NOTE: I do not support the actions of this character, I just think he is hilarious.

654a51.png

Well... title says it all... lately I had been laughing my ass off at this guy all over the internet, I showed it to a bunch of people too, and I realized there is no model of Pedobear! ANYWHERE!

So i decided to make it, and use it as an excuse to learn those things i hadn't done yet; portraits, animations, team color (yes, i plan to have it team colored, full body), etc...

n5q3yu.jpg

2usj2v7.jpg

...and I'm almost done with it too, i just need to get the foot right, skin (which shouldn't be too hard), and animations of course... so i'm posting here to get some ideas from you, as i'm having trouble getting the foot right and shizz, tell me where to improve, and help where I need it!

foot:
2i88ysi.jpg

and... would this be approved? or rejected for a rule or something..?

lol

EDIT: right i forgot, give ideas for animations ;)

Level 15
UPDATE

Ok, i really reduced the polycount this time, i think it should be just right... i thought he was far too thin, so i stretched him out somewhat, he's wider now.....

Front:
1ex84j.jpg

Right:
2jbutfm.jpg

...and here is a preview of the skin, this is my very first custom skin, so it probably won't be great, i'd appreciate any feedback. I plan to have him team colored though.

2a4o9eg.jpg

all feedback apreciated.. blah blah...

Level 15
umm I ran into a problem, and i don't know how to fix it, I took a screenshot of the UV layout to use as reference to start the skin, however I only took a screenshot of the head part then, now i need the rest of the body, already took a screenie, but i don't know how to merge it into the the skin above ^^^. how can i merge images on GIMP? I can't go on for now without that.

sorry for double post -.-

Level 3
Ears and mouth polycount are still insane (especially the ears). Wc3 models don't have particularly detailed models, they are generally low polycount with good textures (relatively). For me, when I model something, I spend half the time modeling that I spend texturing (and the majority of that is spent getting the "perfect" uv unwrap).

Level 15
oh crap, i forgot to take another screeny of updated ears and mouth, i reduced it a lot, has been like this for about 5 days now.

yeah i don't think the final version will look too high poly, it's just round..

yes it's been taking long for me to arrive where i am right now, i keep having different thoughts. And it doesn't really take long for me to figure out a UV-unwrap, just use a single color as texture (preferably black), open the texture UV coordinator, lay it all out how you want it (i do piece by piece), save screenshot, then merge it all and you have a trace to help.

Level 15
UPDATE:

as you can see i now made the mouth and head 1 geoset...

2mqqc5u.jpg

...and i finished the texture, only need to make the one for the foot which won't take long hopefully (plain colors, thank god). oh i noticed something wrong i want to change about the texture (black lines should be brown -.-), but i will post pics of that on next update, i should begin animating it soon...

s6p4kn.jpg

Comments and Criticism please, i know i fucked something up.

Last edited:
Level 3
I believe warcraft 3 viewer has an option to export anims as .gif files. It only allows .mdx files though.

Level 15
@Slaydon

no, the bones don't have to be in the body at all, we see this in building animations too. but its just personal taste to place the bones directly in the mesh (but when you place the bones, it's highly recommended that you put them on the body, for reference)

visitor msg me if you have any more questions

it looks good i just wish that the limbs were attached to the body rather than just being placed into the body, but good luck on the model

lol, i'm working with an earlier version of ms3d (too lazy to update) but i think i'll update it later, latest versions must have a "collapse edges" tool

Level 15
my animating skills can make onions cry, can someone be nice to link me to a few good milkshape 3d animating tutorials? i'd do it, but google doesn't like me and i'm trying to balance with some other things too, i'd appreciate it a lot and give +rep

Level 10
Status
Not open for further replies.