• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Pathability for Dummies [Jass]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am looking for an efficient way to detect if there are decorations in the area or unit type structure. Ideally, I am looking for a system. I want my certain projectiles to go through high ground (level 1) and low ground (level 1), but not go through trees, towers and decorations (walls). I attached a screen to show what I mean by high ground and low ground. Note, I don't want them to go through above level 1.

Attachments

• 1617196071038.png
    1617196071038.png
    880.6 KB · Views: 10

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
There's a condition to check the Cliff Level at a Point and you can use Pick Every Destructable to find nearby Trees/Walls (if the Walls are destructables). For Towers, you can use Pick Every Unit to find nearby units.

And as far as I know there is no high/low ground (level 1), I'm pretty sure the cliff levels start at 0 and works their way up to 14. You'll want to figure out what you set your maps starting cliff level to so you can figure out the -1/+1 values of it. You should really only need to know the level of the "high ground" since your Condition will probably be something like "If Cliff Level at missile point > high ground level then destroy missile".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.