1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Patch 1.31 announced

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, May 28, 2019.

1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's a PTR.

2. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    IIRC this is also the case in the live patch though, at least for some? If so I hope they change it back because otherwise it will break a lot of stuff.

3. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The word you were looking for was "worrying", not "threatening". :p

4. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The zero indexing has been the case since 1.31.0, it was omitted from the notes.

It refers specifically to the new natives in 1.31.

5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Idk what are u talking about, could u quote the other message next time? Jajaja (and i appreciate english lessons :p)

6. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    New bug (REGRESSION)

The map variable limit has been lowered from ~25k to ~14k (not sure if it's related to memory or variable count)

This causes mapfiles that were previously working to now crash wc3 when selected in the custom game list

CC @WaterKnight @Kam

7. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hope thats temporary.
    On second thought, who even uses such a high number of variables over 14k? Does this include the wc3 already existing variables?

8. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    I mean I had a shortcut but with the update the repair/launch window keeps on appearing with the same shortcut, and yes I did google.

9. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    apparently 14k of YOURS vars, limit is higher but blz's vars add up
    and yeah, there are cases when you may need 10k for sure. idk about 25k, sounds insane

10. Blarto

Blarto

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Some heavy maps can use some 10,000 variables.

Each struct instance variable vjass-ed into a global array.
    Each struct static variable vjass-ed into a global variable.

Reaching 14k isn't that out of the ordinary...

Any serious modding project will surpass it as they move to create object oriented architecture instead of the unscalable GUI/Jass styles.

Not necessarily a problem of WEdit, but of Vexorian dropping the ball and choosing to use array-based architecture for structs instead of heap/table based (tables are 40% slower but it doesn't matter 99% of the time)

.. Although i'm not sure what "variables" are being referred to here in this context...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  11. El Saif

El Saif

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, how does all of this natives work? i can see many, most of them is not working. I don't even know which natives are working.

Code (vJASS):

native BlzGetAbilityBooleanField                   takes ability whichAbility, abilitybooleanfield whichField returns boolean
    native BlzGetAbilityIntegerField                   takes ability whichAbility, abilityintegerfield whichField returns integer
    native BlzGetAbilityRealField                      takes ability whichAbility, abilityrealfield whichField returns real
    native BlzGetAbilityStringField                    takes ability whichAbility, abilitystringfield whichField returns string
    native BlzGetAbilityBooleanLevelField              takes ability whichAbility, abilitybooleanlevelfield whichField, integer level returns boolean
    native BlzGetAbilityIntegerLevelField              takes ability whichAbility, abilityintegerlevelfield whichField, integer level returns integer
    native BlzGetAbilityRealLevelField                 takes ability whichAbility, abilityreallevelfield whichField, integer level returns real
    native BlzGetAbilityStringLevelField               takes ability whichAbility, abilitystringlevelfield whichField, integer level returns string
    native BlzGetAbilityBooleanLevelArrayField         takes ability whichAbility, abilitybooleanlevelarrayfield whichField, integer level, integer index returns boolean
    native BlzGetAbilityIntegerLevelArrayField         takes ability whichAbility, abilityintegerlevelarrayfield whichField, integer level, integer index returns integer
    native BlzGetAbilityRealLevelArrayField            takes ability whichAbility, abilityreallevelarrayfield whichField, integer level, integer index returns real
    native BlzGetAbilityStringLevelArrayField          takes ability whichAbility, abilitystringlevelarrayfield whichField, integer level, integer index returns string
    native BlzSetAbilityBooleanField                   takes ability whichAbility, abilitybooleanfield whichField, boolean value returns boolean
    native BlzSetAbilityIntegerField                   takes ability whichAbility, abilityintegerfield whichField, integer value returns boolean
    native BlzSetAbilityRealField                      takes ability whichAbility, abilityrealfield whichField, real value returns boolean
    native BlzSetAbilityStringField                    takes ability whichAbility, abilitystringfield whichField, string value returns boolean
    native BlzSetAbilityBooleanLevelField              takes ability whichAbility, abilitybooleanlevelfield whichField, integer level, boolean value returns boolean
    native BlzSetAbilityIntegerLevelField              takes ability whichAbility, abilityintegerlevelfield whichField, integer level, integer value returns boolean
    native BlzSetAbilityRealLevelField                 takes ability whichAbility, abilityreallevelfield whichField, integer level, real value returns boolean
    native BlzSetAbilityStringLevelField               takes ability whichAbility, abilitystringlevelfield whichField, integer level, string value returns boolean
    native BlzSetAbilityBooleanLevelArrayField         takes ability whichAbility, abilitybooleanlevelarrayfield whichField, integer level, integer index, boolean value returns boolean
    native BlzSetAbilityIntegerLevelArrayField         takes ability whichAbility, abilityintegerlevelarrayfield whichField, integer level, integer index, integer value returns boolean
    native BlzSetAbilityRealLevelArrayField            takes ability whichAbility, abilityreallevelarrayfield whichField, integer level, integer index, real value returns boolean
    native BlzSetAbilityStringLevelArrayField          takes ability whichAbility, abilitystringlevelarrayfield whichField, integer level, integer index, string value returns boolean
    native BlzAddAbilityBooleanLevelArrayField         takes ability whichAbility, abilitybooleanlevelarrayfield whichField, integer level, boolean value returns boolean
    native BlzAddAbilityIntegerLevelArrayField         takes ability whichAbility, abilityintegerlevelarrayfield whichField, integer level, integer value returns boolean
    native BlzAddAbilityRealLevelArrayField            takes ability whichAbility, abilityreallevelarrayfield whichField, integer level, real value returns boolean
    native BlzAddAbilityStringLevelArrayField          takes ability whichAbility, abilitystringlevelarrayfield whichField, integer level, string value returns boolean
    native BlzRemoveAbilityBooleanLevelArrayField      takes ability whichAbility, abilitybooleanlevelarrayfield whichField, integer level, boolean value returns boolean
    native BlzRemoveAbilityIntegerLevelArrayField      takes ability whichAbility, abilityintegerlevelarrayfield whichField, integer level, integer value returns boolean
    native BlzRemoveAbilityRealLevelArrayField         takes ability whichAbility, abilityreallevelarrayfield whichField, integer level, real value returns boolean
    native BlzRemoveAbilityStringLevelArrayField       takes ability whichAbility, abilitystringlevelarrayfield whichField, integer level, string value returns boolean

// Item
    native BlzGetItemAbilityByIndex                    takes item whichItem, integer index returns ability
    native BlzGetItemAbility                           takes item whichItem, integer abilCode returns ability
    native BlzItemAddAbility                           takes item whichItem, integer abilCode returns boolean
    native BlzGetItemBooleanField                      takes item whichItem, itembooleanfield whichField returns boolean
    native BlzGetItemIntegerField                      takes item whichItem, itemintegerfield whichField returns integer
    native BlzGetItemRealField                         takes item whichItem, itemrealfield whichField returns real
    native BlzGetItemStringField                       takes item whichItem, itemstringfield whichField returns string
    native BlzSetItemBooleanField                      takes item whichItem, itembooleanfield whichField, boolean value returns boolean
    native BlzSetItemIntegerField                      takes item whichItem, itemintegerfield whichField, integer value returns boolean
    native BlzSetItemRealField                         takes item whichItem, itemrealfield whichField, real value returns boolean
    native BlzSetItemStringField                       takes item whichItem, itemstringfield whichField, string value returns boolean
    native BlzItemRemoveAbility                        takes item whichItem, integer abilCode returns boolean

// Unit
    native BlzGetUnitBooleanField                      takes unit whichUnit, unitbooleanfield whichField returns boolean
    native BlzGetUnitIntegerField                      takes unit whichUnit, unitintegerfield whichField returns integer
    native BlzGetUnitRealField                         takes unit whichUnit, unitrealfield whichField returns real
    native BlzGetUnitStringField                       takes unit whichUnit, unitstringfield whichField returns string
    native BlzSetUnitBooleanField                      takes unit whichUnit, unitbooleanfield whichField, boolean value returns boolean
    native BlzSetUnitIntegerField                      takes unit whichUnit, unitintegerfield whichField, integer value returns boolean
    native BlzSetUnitRealField                         takes unit whichUnit, unitrealfield whichField, real value returns boolean
    native BlzSetUnitStringField                       takes unit whichUnit, unitstringfield whichField, string value returns boolean

// Unit Weapon
    native BlzGetUnitWeaponBooleanField                takes unit whichUnit, unitweaponbooleanfield whichField, integer index returns boolean
    native BlzGetUnitWeaponIntegerField                takes unit whichUnit, unitweaponintegerfield whichField, integer index returns integer
    native BlzGetUnitWeaponRealField                   takes unit whichUnit, unitweaponrealfield whichField, integer index returns real
    native BlzGetUnitWeaponStringField                 takes unit whichUnit, unitweaponstringfield whichField, integer index returns string
    native BlzSetUnitWeaponBooleanField                takes unit whichUnit, unitweaponbooleanfield whichField, integer index, boolean value returns boolean
    native BlzSetUnitWeaponIntegerField                takes unit whichUnit, unitweaponintegerfield whichField, integer index, integer value returns boolean
    native BlzSetUnitWeaponRealField                   takes unit whichUnit, unitweaponrealfield whichField, integer index, real value returns boolean
    native BlzSetUnitWeaponStringField                 takes unit whichUnit, unitweaponstringfield whichField, integer index, string value returns boolean

12. Th= KA+

Th= KA+

Resources:
    Resources:
    !

I recently updated my Warcraft 3 folder to 1.31 patch. I was looking forward to play some custom maps I downloaded which only allowed 1.30 or now (1.31) patch.
    Anyways, I lost all my files I downloaded (Thank God I kept a back-up of them) but when I put it back in the Warcraft 3 folder, it says "This application has encountered a critical error: Not enough memory resources are available to process this command."
    Cheers..
    - Th= KA+

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Which executable are you running, the one from the x86_x64 or x86 folder? And on which operating system?

14. Recklessness

Recklessness

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I update my map to use this patch will it be transferable to forged?

15. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Reforged will be bound to classic, so it will be compatible.
    It's been said a thousand times.

16. Sk0gsHu[GG]arN

Sk0gsHu[GG]arN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is 1.31 still PTR, or is it a live version? Because I get the question if I want to update to 1.31 in the game but nothing happens when I do.

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, 1.31.1 is live for some time.

18. Jazztastic

Jazztastic

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am finally able to open my (almost finished) map again after half a year of frustration. I never got info that I was supposed to use a different launcher from the one I had been using for 10+ years. Why are there four launchers for WC and WE now??

Is there a spot I can get up to date on fixing my code and map? A bunch of stuff that used to work now goes kaput or crashes game on usage and I'd rather learn the new patch than make 20 something posts in the GUI help category. Also small chance but does anyone know if Bribe's unit indexer + associated packages still work on new patch environment?

19. ALADEEN

ALADEEN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is everything fixed or is it still buggy as shit?

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Buggy. Wouldn't recommend. Better use 1.30 instead.