1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Patch 1.31 announced

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, May 28, 2019.

1. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    WARNING IF YOU ARE USING CURRENT PATCH:
    SPECIAL EFFECTS MODIFICATION HAS EFFECTIVELY BEEN FLIPPED ON ITS HEAD!
    ROLL NO LONGER CHANGES THE FACING OF SPECIAL EFFECTS USE YAW INSTEAD!

2. Drynwhyl

Drynwhyl

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the info! Nice to see they finally fixed it.

3. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Devalut

It was backwards, it should now be correct in terms of what yaw and roll mean.

4. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Noticed it when my resource that tries to replicate protoss plasma shield hit started going wonky

5. Bob

Bob

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just tried to play some orc gladiators with my m8s. Guessing the new update messed up the triggers big time.

6. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Additionally,
    in non-PTR 1.31, this is still not fixed: ability level begins from 0 in the BlzGetAbility*LevelField, but begins from 1 in the BlzSetAbility*LevelField

Blizzard developers, if you see this, please fix this dummy and embarrassing bug immediately! And I recommend you also check any other index-related functions and adjust them to one standard.

7. TheSilverWolff

TheSilverWolff

Resources:
    Resources:
    Battle.Net in general is lagging a lot while browsing games, creating one, joining or ending. Takes ages to load and sometimes don't respond. Inside, the map i tested (twrpg) lags very bad. Happen with both x_86 and x_86_64 versions.

There is no way to join 2 different realms (e.g US East and Europe) with the same key?. I used this way to play with friends in battle.net and now I can't. Can't remember if you could in 1.30

8. Drynwhyl

Drynwhyl

Resources:
    Resources:
    This kind of code causes editor to hang and after a while it's just silently crashes
    Code (Lua):
    while true do
    end
    Apparently any conditional expression containing only one operand causes this bug. And it's only when loop is outside function body, inside functions it works fine.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  9. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Another user said bjdebugmsg crashed too. At least they label it as beta

10. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Has anyone tested setting the cooldown of abilities related to morphing? From my tests, they appear to work correctly now, not crashing the game.

The caveat is that, according to my tests, for an ability field to be assigned properly, one must specify the level of the ability - 1 as the level parameter.

EDIT: For some reason, I cannot rename the ability individually via setname command (in test map).

The test map is attached below: (EDIT: Updated test map)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  11. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do you mean triggered cooldown or object id cooldown?
    I tried making an triggered aura that reduces cooldown of abilities casted by nearby allies before 1.30 was released.
    It wasn't stable and would cause desyncs.
    Not sure if they updated the functions.

12. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Object ID cooldown.

13. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Join up for the selfie if you came here just to read the comments. :ab:

On a serious note, though...

I've stuck with 1.26 here too. It has boggled my mind as well, and has been for a while. Which means, internally, they're likely using 1.26.

I admit I kinda appreciated the sincerity. But indeed this patch note was particularly worrisome.

Well, it's apparently not a matter of testing the PTR. Users are reporting some stuff only broke when the PTR patch went official. And from previous patch announcement threads, it doesn't seem like the first time it has happened. This is why they invented software verification. Wouldn't simple unit tests have avoided a whole lot of trouble — malformed string data, for instance? Tedious, I know, but it's been 3 years. It seems particularly important when the code you're working on is diabolical to the point the Editor corrupts maps, a Spanish Shaman starts speaking English, and unrelated things break all around for no apparent reason.

I keep the main map I'm working on, 2 backups, and external object data, because I'm that meticulous (working on decrepit, overheating hardware with WinXP running on top does that to the mind). I'm just glad people can open after saving, at least.

14. pick-a-chew

pick-a-chew

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Bribe is still right though... the more people that participate in the PTR the more likely it is that bugs would have been picked up and fixed.

The rage in this thread by some people is unfair considering its very likely they didn't test anything thoroughly on the PTR. Like, what did you expect? A bug free patch served up on a silver platter? If you honestly cared about map development you'd a) actually have backups and approach any new patch that has changes to the editor with caution and b) pay attention and contribute to the development of the editor on the PTR.

Other than that the changes are kind of nice. I am looking forward to getting back to development once this whole string situation is fixed.

15. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    An unfortunate side effect of this patch is that maps saved in the 1.31 editor no longer seem to able to be opened in older versions of the editor.

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's logical since there are things the other versions don't recognize. I assume if you only use custom script, that might not be the case.

17. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was just watching a tournament game of northern isles, and I was so exited when I saw the magnataur reaver which was added for the 1.31 patch! I am really glad more "ice" creeps were added to replace some of the standard golems and stuff. Really hoping to see more variety of creeps + terrain for the melee map pool/ tournament maps.

18. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's the case even if you use none of the new features, its due to the new way maps are stored. Not complaining per sé, but it would still be nice if there was a "legacy" mode of saving maps, in case backwards compatibility is important to the mapper.

Personally I switch between the standard WE with the latest patch and the 1.29 editor with WEX for its syntax highlighting and function list (often using both at the same time), so it kind of caught me off guard that I suddenly couldn't open the map in WEX.

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    That would surely be something.

20. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Many protected maps are not playable/not viewable to host anymore in wc3, while some others are. I could fix it by recovering the .wts file for such map, and then the map was playable again. More detailed report is already sent.