Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files

Level 4
Unfortunately 1.31.1 is the only version that Blizzard had for Classic. You can also download other versions of WC3 using this link below:

also i find this in google bro WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne - Patch 1.31.0 - Liquipedia Warcraft Wiki and 1.31.0 Patch Notes so what is this

Last edited:
Level 12
This is the patch logs, not the actual download link. The link that I provided was the download link for WC3 (though it's not an official Blizzard site cause Classic was no longer distributed). If you want to play the game, you'll have to download the game from the link I provided or just straight to 1.31 one, then unzip to anywhere else. Afterwards, you'll have to enter your CD-Keys (do not use Reforged) and follow the instructions so that your game is not auto-updated to Reforged.

Level 2
Having some trouble with this. So I'm running Windows 10 on parallels on a Mac. There's a couple custom campaigns I want to play that I require this version (or at least 1.30.4) to run. I've tried downloading the files several times. Sometimes I am prompted to enter a CD code (which I have) and sometimes I am not. In all cases the game starts up and appears to work, though I have to open the file (and the one for the editor) as an administrator, otherwise I receive an error message. I have started up some missions in the vanilla campaigns and they work. So the download works-the issue is that there is no campaigns or maps folder to put custom campaigns in. A "Warcraft III" folder is created in the documents directory, but it only contains a "logs" folder and an "errors" folder. I have tried creating my own "Campaigns" and "Maps" folder in this directory but anything put in them do not appear in-game. After trying several times with this patch, I attempted to download 1.30.4 instead. Same issues, although I noticed that the extracted file did already have a "Maps" folder associated with it, which contained the melee maps. Is this the same maps folder that is meant to be in documents? Can anyone give me a hand? Would really appreciate it. Have previously run 1.28 on parallels and it has worked fine...Why won't this?
Thanks.

Level 12
Wow, the question is too long for me to give the actual solution, but I would say if your campaign or map is not visible in-game, this means your download is corrupted or you just placed the file on the correct path.
Make sure the directory of Warcraft III document folder goes like this (take a look for "Maps" and "Campaigns" folder):

WC3 Document.jpg

As seen on the picture above, the presence of "s" is a must for both "Campaigns" and "Maps" folder.

Level 2
Having some trouble with this. So I'm running Windows 10 on parallels on a Mac. There's a couple custom campaigns I want to play that I require this version (or at least 1.30.4) to run. I've tried downloading the files several times. Sometimes I am prompted to enter a CD code (which I have) and sometimes I am not. In all cases the game starts up and appears to work, though I have to open the file (and the one for the editor) as an administrator, otherwise I receive an error message. I have started up some missions in the vanilla campaigns and they work. So the download works-the issue is that there is no campaigns or maps folder to put custom campaigns in. A "Warcraft III" folder is created in the documents directory, but it only contains a "logs" folder and an "errors" folder. I have tried creating my own "Campaigns" and "Maps" folder in this directory but anything put in them do not appear in-game. After trying several times with this patch, I attempted to download 1.30.4 instead. Same issues, although I noticed that the extracted file did already have a "Maps" folder associated with it, which contained the melee maps. Is this the same maps folder that is meant to be in documents? Can anyone give me a hand? Would really appreciate it. Have previously run 1.28 on parallels and it has worked fine...Why won't this?
Thanks.
Had the same issue when I downloaded 1.31 (Idk if this will work for you but it did for me) so I was wondering why my campaigns weren't showing but the problem was that I still had my 1.30 Warcraft III folder in my documents and after i deleted it and ran Warcraft III again i checked on my documents folder and i got the 1.31 version of Warcraft III with the campaigns and Maps folder. Hope it works.

Level 2
C:\Users\WindowsProfileName>\Documents\Warcraft III\Campaign
I follow the instruction in the comments.
Delete the Warcraft III Folder in your documents and run Warcraft III if it doesn't auto-create the folder then create it yourself and don't put anything in the folder and run the game

Level 12
How can you play multiplayer on it?
You can't play online using the official Blizzard server because they killed it in favor of Reforged. However, you can still use third-party software like Radmin VPN. If you want to install and play using this method, read the official Radmin Warcraft 3 Discord server.

Had the same issue when I downloaded 1.31 (Idk if this will work for you but it did for me) so I was wondering why my campaigns weren't showing but the problem was that I still had my 1.30 Warcraft III folder in my documents and after i deleted it and ran Warcraft III again i checked on my documents folder and i got the 1.31 version of Warcraft III with the campaigns and Maps folder. Hope it works.
Delete the Warcraft III Folder in your documents and run Warcraft III if it doesn't auto-create the folder then create it yourself and don't put anything in the folder and run the game
Another possible solution would be to delete the entire registries and the folder. When you start the game again, it will recreate the fresh key.

Level 2
You can't play online using the official Blizzard server because they killed it in favor of Reforged. However, you can still use third-party software like Radmin VPN. If you want to install and play using this method, read the official Radmin Warcraft 3 Discord server.
It Didnt work for me i even did all the things in radmin

Level 12
There is never a good reason to delete game files. They do not interfere with each other so deleting them is useless. Delete registry keys if you're going to an older version but that's it.
Thank you, I already did this with 1.29 and 1.31. Here's my installation folder and registry if you don't know this unique trick works.

Attachments

• WC3 1.29 InstallPath.jpg
    WC3 1.29 InstallPath.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 13
  • WC3 1.31 InstallPath.jpg
    WC3 1.31 InstallPath.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Regedit W3.jpg
    Regedit W3.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 13
Level 12
That registry setup will not work with 1.28 due to the save games folder not matching in format (proper slashes instead of backslashes).

I have 6-10 Warcraft 3 versions and, other than 1.26 in fullscreen mode, they all work
Yeah, I know cause pre-1.28 still has "InstallPath" and "InstallPathX" entries, plus no "Preferred Game Version" key.

For the second case, this should be no problem. There is a sample picture about your installation folder of WC3 in Discord Server (Warcraft 3 United). This means, if I have 1.29 and 1.31 at the same computer, they still work (provided their installation folders are made separately). However, 1.26 doesn't seem to work due to the registry problem.