• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.30 PTR Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Because the support of Windows XP has now been officially dropped for Warcraft 3

Hell, it's about time.
tumblr_myz4pvk1nF1schu5jo1_500.jpg

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Support for Windows Vista should follow soon, since many big software projects drop support for both XP and Vista at the same time.

** Update **

Based on our poll from October 2017 on StrawPoll:
- Windows XP: 17 votes (13+4)
- Windows Vista: 3 votes (2+1)

Which computer operating system do you use when playing Warcraft 3? Also, is your WC3 copy official or pirated?

Also, do notice the low number of players who voted that they installed the game on MacOS or on Linux.

Now the question could be: is this poll representative of anything, and does it reflect the real life use of our computers?

Last edited:
Level 16
Potential Bug

I was jumping back and forth between two of my maps copying some triggers. I noticed that my old map's custom interface settings had over-ridden my new map's interface. Since my new map doesn't use any custom skins for the UI, it all showed up as an ugly bright green box. This occurred after I forgot to save changes to my new map when opening the old map. World Editor prompted to to save which I did. It seems the World Editor got confused. It doesn't look like anything else in my new map was over-ridden.

Anyone else had this problem?

Potential Bug 2

I removed a hero from the game via triggers. Later I tried to revive him, which strangely worked. However, the game became very unstable at this point. No crash, but the game became very laggy and unresponsive. It took me a bit to figure out why my game became unplayable after the revival. I didn't mean to remove the hero before reviving him.

Edit: Bug 2 had something to do with reviving a unit that was removed. In my tests, it seems that you can't do that. I can't remember how, but previously I managed to revive them and it caused serious game instability. If I ever reproduce it, I'll provide the map.

As for the first bug, its quite simple. You need 2 maps, 1 of which needs to have a custom interface.

1.) Open a fresh map
2.) Make some changes to this map.
3.) Without saving, open your map with a custom interface. You'll notice you won't be prompted to save your fresh map.
4.) Go to File - Open Map and open your "fresh" map.
5.) You'll nowl be prompted to save the fresh map that you changed before opening you custom interface map. Click "yes"

You'll now notice that the fresh map's interface has been over-ridden with values from your custom interface map. In my last test, I found that even some unit's icons turned white (not green, they just bugged out) and my import manager was filled with imports from the custom interface map.

Last edited:
I was jumping back and forth between two of my maps copying some triggers. I noticed that my old map's custom interface settings had over-ridden my new map's interface. Since my new map doesn't use any custom skins for the UI, it all showed up as an ugly bright green box. This occurred after I forgot to save changes to my new map when opening the old map. World Editor prompted to to save which I did. It seems the World Editor got confused. It doesn't look like anything else in my new map was over-ridden.

Anyone else had this problem?
Sounds a bit similar to the bug, which I found affecting campaign maps:
[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.30 / 1.29 Bugs & Issues
Their imports are strangely replaced by the original files, which they are supposed to override.

Level 2
If i could make a suggestion for the next patch it would be to set custom values on default abilities, i mean change the damage, range, slow, etc in a variable direct on the object editor so i could make for example a carrion swarm ability with damage scaling with strength. Is it possible we could have it in the future? hope so

(Sorry for my bad english)

There is some weird magic added in the Patch 1.30 PTR. They added natives called RequestExtraIntegerData, RequestExtraBooleanData, RequestExtraStringData, and RequestExtraRealData.
@Mr.Pro do these do what you want? Does anybody know what these do?

There is some weird magic added in the Patch 1.30 PTR. They added natives called RequestExtraIntegerData, RequestExtraBooleanData, RequestExtraStringData, and RequestExtraRealData.
@Mr.Pro do these do what you want? Does anybody know what these do?

They aren't currently enabled other than the names being visible.

PTR 1.3 got an update
But they did not fix any of the new reported bugs in the previous PTR... :(
I hope they will fix them before releasing the patch to live servers, because you cannot develop campaigns in the current PTR (because it corrupts the map imports) and playing movies causes Warcraft III to end in a bugged mode where nothing works anymore. I reported both to Kam, when the previous PTR was released...
Not yet tested if 3D sounds work, but nothing related to them was in patch notes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.