• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.30.2 Update #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Off-topic

Valve on the other hand never did a single thing for the community,

I think you have Steam account.
And your comment is a misconception. Valve if you not know is one of the companies that more uses the feedback of community. Valve so pro-community, that she did Steam Workshop (with mods, cosmestic items (which also depending are accepted by Valve to be in the game), etc), forums all software on Steam, hired Icefrog and Team Fortress staff with their work they were work of community, Steam product review by the community, Steam Greenlight that no have more I believes in legal issues, etc.

I think you're complaining about old games as CS 1.6, etc. Valve has let the community offer multiplayer online, which anyone can have its own server. If you do not find one that you like, I create yours then.
Sometimes I play CS Condition Zero, and it's fun on some community servers.

Servers that are disregarding the terms of Valve or the law, you can report.

On-topic

I think this patch will come with more features that have not been announced yet.
I believe they will improve the graphics as they do with WoW.

Last edited:
Level 4
Off-topic

I think you have Steam account.
And your comment is a misconception. Valve if you not know is one of the companies that more uses the feedback of community. Valve so pro-community, that she did Steam Workshop (with mods, cosmestic items (which also depending are accepted by Valve to be in the game), etc), forums all software on Steam, hired Icefrog and Team Fortress staff with their work they were work of community, Steam product review by the community, Steam Greenlight that no have more I believes in legal issues, etc.

I think you're complaining about old games as CS 1.6, etc. Valve has let the community offer multiplayer online, which anyone can have its own server. If you do not find one that you like, I create yours then.
Sometimes I play CS Condition Zero, and it's fun on some community servers.

Servers that are disregarding the terms of Valve or the law, you can report.

On-topic

I think this patch will come with more features that have not been announced yet.
I believe they will improve the graphics as they do with WoW.

Na, I know what I'm talking about. My comment was no misconception. Blizzard forms a "Warcraft 3 gold" together with the community.

The things you mentioned for valve were direct & big money makers.
I play Half-Life online since 2004 and all patches that came for HL since then and some before were very negative for the community and highly against it's will. Especially in 2013 they touched the game again and did some horrible things. It was addressed to valve by many players at the right place they only took a minimum back and even that only after 4 months or so (you can't imagine how drastic the flaws were and partially still are). Quite a bunch of players switched to the pirated non steam clients back then and even I play with a purposely broken client since then (cause it works more like the game did before).

So the majority of players use workarounds just to be able to play now ;) The modding community was also ignored in the process and faced new problems. Patches in 2013 were made by a single person who had no knowledge of the gameplay. Now that's the sad story.

I give the point to Blizzard here.

Last edited:
Level 19
I play Warcraft3 online since 2004 and all patches that came for HL since then and some before were very negative for the community and highly against it's will. Especially in 2016 they touched the game again and did some horrible things. It was addressed to Blizzard by many players at the right place they only took a minimum back and even that only after 6 months or so (you can't imagine how drastic the flaws were and partially still are). Quite a bunch of players switched to the pirated outdated clients back then and even I play with a purposely broken client since then (cause it works more like the game did before).

So the majority of players use workarounds just to be able to play now ;) The modding community was also ignored in the process and faced new problems. Patches in 2016-7 were made by a single person who had no knowledge of the gameplay. Now that's the sad story.
Ahahahahaha. Fits so perfectly you can't even tell he is speaking about any other company.
Bunch of broken releases 27-29, even more with .30, some popular maps are still broken and cant be runned, not to speak of imported models, fucking up with ghost bots.. Sigh. If that's not blindness, that's some brain issues.

Level 1

Patch 1.30.2 PTR Update #2

Patch 1.30.2 PTR has been updated to include new filters and search options in the custom game browsing list* along with bug fixes relating to the new hosting system. Things like map download time seem to be improved as well. *We'll seek some clarification as to how those two new features work.

Wherever one stands regarding the removal of bots, it's worth noting that some functions bots provided are in progress. Blizzard laid upon us a small glimpse of the road-map ahead citing kick/ban and latency functions to come in the future, and hopefully more in the future!

As always, please test the game on the PTR. You can read the full list of changes here.

Hi, where can I get the download link for the new patch and is it possible to use the new patch in a copy version of warcraft?

Level 14
If only they released a HD or higher resolution version of how it was and not modified assets like icons to fit StarCraft II's mood... It's what stops me from getting that version of the game.
Well certain amount of "fixing" happened. Its moslty around portraits of Raynor, Kerrigan and Mengsk, maybe few protoss characters. Outside of that it's mostly inline with original game. But i understand you completely. That's why i am afraid of any remaster for wc3, because it would be just "WoW-fied" and already was with "HD models" for Sc2 which have no resemblance of original ones with the faces or style, most painfully visible on orcish heroes, demon hunter and humans. I have remasters of all wc3 models planned, i will start soon first improving my model edits and making them higher poly. Remaster needs to be 100% faithful, all detail should come from original textures and portraits, prefferably with higher res versions of the textures which should exist in archives, atleast for some heroes and units like Far Seer and others.
When i am at that we could use to see some older variants of some textures too, Orcish warlord has small bit of face texture that looks like Fel Black bearded far seer, we could use that in full res.... for example.

Well certain amount of "fixing" happened. Its moslty around portraits of Raynor, Kerrigan and Mengsk, maybe few protoss characters. Outside of that it's mostly inline with original game. But i understand you completely. That's why i am afraid of any remaster for wc3, because it would be just "WoW-fied" and already was with "HD models" for Sc2 which have no resemblance of original ones with the faces or style, most painfully visible on orcish heroes, demon hunter and humans. I have remasters of all wc3 models planned, i will start soon first improving my model edits and making them higher poly. Remaster needs to be 100% faithful, all detail should come from original textures and portraits, prefferably with higher res versions of the textures which should exist in archives, atleast for some heroes and units like Far Seer and others.
When i am at that we could use to see some older variants of some textures too, Orcish warlord has small bit of face texture that looks like Fel Black bearded far seer, we could use that in full res.... for example.

My thoughts exactly, hope to see you in our team , as a faithfull member you could be a great addition :p

Level 14
My thoughts exactly, hope to see you in our team , as a faithfull member you could be a great addition :p
Thanks xD
Only fixing i would do would be to obvious mistakes or unintentional stuff on original models, like bad wraps, misusage of the texture(you wont believe how many models i found witch such issues) and maybe minor colour correction on some textures for example mercenary camp texture has several kinds of poles but only first is used and has totally different wood colouring. From other issue many models just have unupdated wrapping even if they have texture bits ready for body part or gear like night elven assassin/Reign of chaos warden with her ears. Only fixing i would do is to fit it with intended appearence like on Icons....and i would Love.....for blizzard to release them in full resolutions.......they definetly have atleast some of them out there... and we could benefit from them quite abit....

Level 23
prefferably with higher res versions of the textures which should exist in archives
Do you mean blizzard's archives? I highly doubt that.
The main reason a remastered wc3 hasn't happened yet, is that blizzard no longer has the source of most of its classic games, including assets iirc.
See https://kotaku.com/guy-finds-starcraft-source-code-and-returns-it-to-blizz-1794897125

The big reason that made the starcraft remastered possible, was the gold master. The reason they reverse-engineer patch (and fkup) wc3 now, is because they don't have one for it.

I wouldn't hold my breath. It's quite common practice for assets not to be saved/backuped especially when all original creators/maintainers left the company. I have seen several gaming studios which had gigabytes of assets from scrapped/discontinued games lying on some rando server or even locally. If those folders get removed at some point, it's just gone.

Last edited:
Level 11
The main reason a remastered wc3 hasn't happened yet, is that blizzard no longer has the source of most of its classic games, including assets iirc.
See https://kotaku.com/guy-finds-starcraft-source-code-and-returns-it-to-blizz-1794897125

The big reason that made the starcraft remastered possible, was the gold master. The reason they reverse-engineer patch (and fkup) wc3 now, is because they don't have one for it.
I didn't know that story, that's pretty cool. :)
However, what makes you think Blizzard has lost Warcraft III source code and assets?
I'm just curious, I'm not into programming, game industry, reverse engineering and whatnot. Would Blizzard still be able to release patches if they had lost the source code and weren't able to compile it?

Level 14

I wouldn't hold my breath. It's quite common practice for assets not to be saved/backuped especially when all original creators/maintainers left the company. I have seen several gaming studios which had gigabytes of assets from scrapped/discontinued games lying on some rando server or even locally. If those folders get removed at some point, it's just gone.
Starcraft was still in baby times of Blizzard they just started growing. When Wc3 game around it was together with WoW in development and at this point they were big, they HAD to archive at this point, maybe not everything survived but definetly they have had that archived.
On top of that Starcraft is day and night from Wc3, its 1998 game in dev during 1995 through 1998, and it has so ancient sprite based graphics that are incredibly blurry and low resolution that THIS was main issue to decode what was meant to be what. Wc3 is fully 3d and has textures much bigger and sharper than Sc1's sprites could ever be.
They literally had a 24x24 pixel blob to decode to remake...like zerglings. And models used to create these sprites got lost. Wc3 has lots of to go off to make high fidelity models its already from 2nd age of 3D and has decent resolution textures for most of hte models. Ofcourse it would be ideal to have full quality textures as we have with 512x512 texture of griphon rider found in the files. Some of the assets for icons and else stuff we want may be scattared across several press kits released, like Jaina icon art being randomly in atleast 250x250 resolution in IGN article with their watermark. Case being that these still exist and are out there even if all source art is lost on their part.

Level 23
I'm just curious, I'm not into programming, game industry, reverse engineering and whatnot. Would Blizzard still be able to release patches if they had lost the source code and weren't able to compile it?
From what I understand, that's what they are doing right now. That's why they hired asm/rev-eng personnel.
I might be wrong of course :)

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] I might be wrong of course :)
@Frotty: Which means that in the end... you do not know for sure?

Please do not post guesses to make them look like hard facts and evidence. Thank you.

[...] blizzard no longer has the source of most of its classic games, including assets iirc.

The big reason that made the starcraft remastered possible, was the gold master. [...]
This is not a discussion for the Warcraft 3 Patch 1.30.2 Update #2 thread imho.

Level 6

There are no proofs about this at all.

In fact, all these gifts gave to the guy of the story are more because of the risk of leaking than any other thing. That way they get sure the next one that finds something similar also gives them back the code without making it public.

The rest this guy said, it's just his theories.

Level 12
https://i.imgur.com/R7hJt4x.png

Hi guys someone else has this display problem
Look at the mouse where this and the Minimap
Options buttons all within the game this so
Already tried to contact Blizzard support and I can not, from an error and I can not send

Does anyone know any solution? Impossible to play and always click in the wrong place for a patch error

(I didn't know where to post this so I thought this was the best place)

Level 6
I would honestly love one super realm, buy allow people to connect from different t servers like poe. Then your ping stays the same and it helps the community

also bots were trash and killed tft.

So many lobbies being hosted it was hard to find a game. It really sucked when you see multiple lobbies for the same game but with a slightly different version or setting. It made wait times terrible. Bots were great before companies like ENT and the like came along

The only shitty thing about not having bots is the fact that we wont be able to have player stats in a map and cant upload that data to a site. Well I guess it will make it harder for new maps to get out there to, but once ent came along this was just about impossible anyways.

Personally I played wc3 for many years until ent ruined lobbies by having tons of bots making it impossible to get a game.

I'm very excited to see what blizzard is blessing wc3 with

Last edited:
Level 5
Personally I played wc3 for many years until ent ruined lobbies by having tons of bots making it impossible to get a game.
But the reason you couldn't find good games is actually that the vanilla Wc3 Bnet interface and "game browser" is outdated shit with skin and bones functions.
There are many games out there with a ton of empty servers but you can still find what you want easily because the game browser is done right.
A standard game browser (for example in Battlefield 3) has options to sort out games based on map played, ping, game name, number of players inside/maximum number of players, or even see who is in the game before joining. You could also type in the name in the search bar if for example you know the game you want to join has the word (or part of a word) "survival" or smtn, then the browser would show you all the hosted games that have the word "Survival" in the name and even more info could be made visible before joining the game like maybe game rules or description. :]
Also the amount of games displayed in that tiny game list on Bnet is not enough, it should be able to display more and have it a larger window (or with smaller letters) so you can see easier.

You get what I am saying? It's very stupid to say that bots ruined the game simply because back in 2003, Blizz apparently didn't think there would be more then 20 games hosted on Bnet lol.

Level 6
But the reason you couldn't find good games is actually that the vanilla Wc3 Bnet interface and "game browser" is outdated shit with skin and bones functions.
There are many games out there with a ton of empty servers but you can still find what you want easily because the game browser is done right.
A standard game browser (for example in Battlefield 3) has options to sort out games based on map played, ping, game name, number of players inside/maximum number of players, or even see who is in the game before joining. You could also type in the name in the search bar if for example you know the game you want to join has the word (or part of a word) "survival" or smtn, then the browser would show you all the hosted games that have the word "Survival" in the name and even more info could be made visible before joining the game like maybe game rules or description. :]
Also the amount of games displayed in that tiny game list on Bnet is not enough, it should be able to display more and have it a larger window (or with smaller letters) so you can see easier.

You get what I am saying? It's very stupid to say that bots ruined the game simply because back in 2003, Blizz apparently didn't think there would be more then 20 games hosted on Bnet lol.

you do realize u can keep the games list up and it would keep adding right? it has nothing to do with the games list, if you didnt just focus on one sentence you would have seen that. the ent bots ruined it by hosting the same game with very slight variations at the same time as i already stated, but obviously you have a limited attention span. Inb4 grammar police

Level 6
So... after all this reforged shitstorm, are we getting a new patch correcting the problems we currently have? Because it's taking longer than expected and there are important things to fix here.

PS: I already pre-ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.