1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Patch 1.30.2 PTR Update

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by TriggerHappy, Sep 27, 2018.

1. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Theres also a tool that can give me powers to become God,and its called cocaine :D

2. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, they could provide some C++ APIs for modding tools like MPQ, CASC, MDL/MDX APIs etc.

3. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really enjoyed the pre-chat before the chatbots, one could ask where were from or just have some normal chat.
    Nowadays it's just filled with chat spam from the bot, deleting any meaningful chat one had.

Then again, I mostly just play Warcraft 3 a couple of times a year nowadays.

4. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Kam I just bought a new laptop and the mouse is delayed in both, with and without -nativefullscr.

Specs:

- GTX 1060.
    - i7-8750H.
    - 16GB RAM.
    - 256 GB SSD.

The delay is way huge without the command though.

5. verstefyren

verstefyren

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am not helping out in any way right now but its worth logging on to mention that the hosting-fixes are warmly welcome. Anyone who want to be stuck on bot-hosting should... Reconsider.

GJ Blizzard, your work is well noticed even in the freezing glaciers of Norway. Please don't mind those instaragers who cry out if all their dreams don't come true in one patch. Keep it up and I'm sure we're getting somewhere. Thanks for doing what I honestly never expected.

My main map is still stuck because of TESH i guess (Used SharpCraft). I hope I can open my map again sometime and remove the features that does not work anymore and continue my stupid RPG.

6. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I personally am thrilled to be rid of the host bots. They are the cancer of the game lobby and almost made me quit this game years ago before i started using MMH instead. I really think they should have added the bugfixes to a separate patch though and waited a bit with the other things which are less urgent and would benefit from a long testing period.

7. juvian

juvian

Resources:
    Resources:
    You are aware that MMH is a host bot right?

8. Demonex

Demonex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Most bots that automatically host maps do pollute the lobby (i wouldn't say that the most popular ones like the Legion TD ent bot do that tho as they fill super quickly) but those that host maps on request don't. They're just enhanced old way hosting with features such as reduced lagg, mute and ingame kick command so i would recommand getting rid of the empty autohosting bots but keeping the others.

9. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, of course i know that. My point was that automatic hostbots made it extremely impractical to find games the usual way, and the benefit of MMH was that it displayed a list of games which were undoubtedly hosted by real players and not with bots. Since pretty much everyone else used MMH's or ENT's listings instead of the lobby (because of the above reason), hosting a game the regular way would go unnoticed. Also of course there was the port forwarding reason, which was an equally large issue, though many contemporary multiplayer games suffered from this also.

10. ahayab

ahayab

Resources:
    Resources:
    The reason why I don't think this is much of an issue is because if you wanted to host a game that you wanted lots of people to see, couldn't you just host it with the bots that MMH and ENT provide? that way you get visibility on the sites that almost everyone uses and its easy to find?? anyone is allowed to upload their maps to the bots so I don't see why anyone would bother manually hosting, even if they had the ability to port forward. My point is, people can use bots to their advantage to gain recognition on their maps.

Then, if your map becomes popular through that, you can take it one step further and contact ENT to make your map autohosted..

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  11. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The ultimate question: What happens when ENT or MMH dies out?

Do you want Warcraft 3 multiplayer Battle.net to be dependent on these third party services? I think not.

12. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Was somebody able to install the latest PTR with WINE? It just complains that the Battle.Net Updater cannot be launched for me.

13. ahayab

ahayab

Resources:
    Resources:
    Host bots have been around for about 15 years or so and WC3 has been dependent on it. My question is: Why are they bad to be relied upon? They may not be a necessity, but they sure as hell are convenient.

I don't want them to die out, that isn't even a question to me. If Blizzard decides to proceed with the update and not give us same or better functionality that bots provide then I will leave BNET and play on other platforms where bots are allowed.

14. Napoqe

Napoqe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played Warcraft 3 since 2005, and the banlist program I never used, but my brother used. And it was good. But one moment, I was despising the bot, because I needed to spend money for hosting without port forwarding. But when came the MMH host and others, it made it easier to host the lobby. However, I have seen abuses in this topic of bot use, and I think they will remove same this bots. Both in the legal question, against abuse, etc.

I think it would not be laborious to do some commands in the lobby for the host and other users as Swap, Ban, Ping, etc.

Age of Empires 2 is an older game but back be updated before. It has a better lobby system than Warcraft 3, I think.
    Look at these Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  15. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    There were no hostbots in 2003. They came around 2008. Technically the game thrived the most when hosting bots weren't around, although it was a different time.

I believe the majority of the currently used functionality can be natively supported in one way or another.

16. ahayab

ahayab

Resources:
    Resources:
    @TriggerHappy Ah ty for the clarification, i don't know the complete history of wc3.

When i say functionality, I also include latency issues that hostbots fix. If they can provide that natively alongside the commands that hostbots bring, then im all for it. But will they?

17. Napoqe

Napoqe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Without being boring, but could they not already put in that patch some of that functionality? To gladden more others, ones to stop being sad, and others lessen the frustration.
    The developers give a positive answer.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  18. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Latency is more to do with the physical location of the host (be it hostbot or human host). The further you're physically located from the host, the greater the latency. If you connect to a distant hostbot, the pings will not be good. I suppose Blizzard could add some sort of ping checker visible in the lobby so players can know what to expect latency wise before they begin playing?

Who knows down the track Blizzard might host the games themselves. I'd be for this so long as it behaves like Warcraft 3 and doesn't turn into Starcraft 2. They might have a few servers in different countries to improve ping.

I like how they have columns in the lobby browser for various things and the smaller writing allows a few more games to fit in the browser. If Warcraft 3 made use of the widescreen in the menus, it would allow them to fit more on the screen.

I think I prefer everything else Warcraft 3's way.

19. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Starting with 1.30.2 Blizzard's servers are actually hosting the games. They will apparently find a proxy server nearest to you to reduce ping. The current PTR has had reports of very high pings though so it doesn't seem to be working as intended. That, or they don't have the proxy servers set up yet.

That is exactly what they're doing. The patch isn't even live yet.

20. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    In that case, it would be best to keep the proxy servers on the test realm, as the likelihood of it being a polished byproduct becomes far more likely.

I suppose that if they really dedicate the resources to improving that, we would expect it live a lot later, but by that time, it would be at an optimal condition.