1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Patch 1.27

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by PurgeandFire, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    GhostThruster and what proof do you have that the balance changes you propose will make the game more balanced? Have you play tested them at a professional level?

The Chinese tournament players can deal with the balancing. It is up to us to give ideas for the modding side.

2. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    no, they're pure theorycraft. if you can hook me up with a few pros that are willing to test it out, pls do tell.

the whole fucking thread has been users giving great (and terrible) ideas for the modding side, so excuse me if i take a slightly different approach on patch suggestions.
    and pro players in general are always biased towards the race they play. they tend to ignore any imbalances that favour or are neutral for them, and complain only when they get beaten (i imagine that's why warden nerf is being talked about). plus, they don't know shit about 3v3 or 4v4 balance ("but who cares about those, those aren't in touranments" - many people do, wtii has a whole channel built on 4v4).

3. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    He may not... But while I'm all for letting the 'professionals' give balance notes too, it doesn't take a professional to see certain over-arching imbalances; heck, the Blademaster has literally warped each race to require T0/1 detection! The Warden is insane. DK & Crypt Fiends is crazy. Etc etc.

It doesn't take a professional to get some analytics going & determine "what is built in X% of the match-ups?" Figuring out what is 'always' built or trained (and conversely, what isn't) should be some pretty good indicators.

Uh-huh... There's nothing saying we can't do both; they can pick & choose who to pay attention to, after all. We don't know what they are doing, or how they are doing it.

In fact, we don't know very much at all about their methods or mechanisms; no one has responded yet to our questions about "how" and such. If you guys (Ralle, et al) don't know; fine, tell us. If any of you do, it behooves us to work together as a site to craft the best & most cohesive possible set of suggestions.

Personally, GhostThruster & (that one guy I can't remember the name of)'s "Patch List" thread are, perhaps, our best bets so far; very well organized, and they contain things that range from easy to hard, from "ESSENTIAL!!" to "well, this'd be nice".

4. Somebassoon

Somebassoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here's some slightly more complex stuff that would go a long way if they added, which is probably very complex but would still significantly help the game:

-A way to make it so you can have multitudes of skins for a single model. Right now, as an example, the quilboar and Misha models have 3 skins that appear based on tileset. If there was a way to properly chose this in maps, and if there was a way for players to have multiple kinds of imported skins for the same model, a decent amount of space would be saved up in a lot of maps. Being able to remove hero glows without re-importing a model would also be amazing, and would lover the size of a good number of maps.
    An in-built model editor of sorts to save up space, that works by saving "changes" to a model rather than whole models would be amazing and allow for saving up a lot of space but that's a very unrealistic idea that would take a lot of work. It would work by saving the "changes" as a smaller archive and then, when the map is loaded, it would create it's own model based on those changes but again it is a lot of work and I don't even know if the WC3 engine could handle something like that properly. Example: You delete all the verticies from the

-Orbs that work with Artillery attacks.

-New Variables of "Orb of Lightning", that don't have to function as OoL. First and simple one would be OoL that works with point target spells, with of course options to work with attacks (eg will the spell be targeted on top of the damaged unit or the original location?).
    A "Chain Orb of Lightning" that's chain lightning but does no damage and instead applies a spell on each target hit and an "AoE point target orb of lightning" that just applies spells in a target point or area (both of which could work with Point/Unit target spells, and of course with each other and Orb of Lightning itself) would allow for a massive new variety of spells but again, this might take a bit of work, and although it might seem a bit complicated I do not think it is that unrealistic when you consider it, even though it may be something Blizzard doesn't care about. And of course, mixing up all these 3 varieties of Orb of Lightning would be amazing in and of itself. Additional options for both the point and chain lightning OoL would include projectile art(s) (the Chain orb of lightning wouldn't have to function as an actual chain lightning), maximum targets, a random pool of effects or maybe multiple effects applied at once, whether or not COoL would be able to bounce multiple times to the same target and if so up to how many times and so on.

-Fixing a bunch of old screwy stuff, like change flying height not working with negative numbers, or not working on units without speed. Living Sylvanas' voice pack is still buggy. Orb of Lightning doesn't have a proper "level selector" meaning you have to make 4 different abilities instead of one with 4 levels to work with Orb of Lightning.

-Being able to change animations of attachments, and reffer to them as units, along with being able to rotate units in the Z axis would allow for more visual work.

Those are the most unrealistically-realistic things I can come up with.

5. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Afaik, there exists Hive tutorials for changing textures on a model in-game.

6. Somebassoon

Somebassoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I meant having multiples of the same texture that can be used for the same model.
    So lets say I have model A which by default uses skin A and import skin B as a replacement. I can no longer use skin A on the model without re importing the model which takes up way more space.

7. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think any change would be good. Just some sign of life will surely get at least some people to comeback to good ol wc3. Of course if they do more flamboyant changes the surge of returning players would be larger. The most important thing to keep in mind though is, PLEASE DON'T BREAK CUSTOM MAPS.

8. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well,judging from what they said in that link Quilnez posted,I they are going to do a lot

9. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Use the warclub ability. That's all I can say. It allows doing exactly that.

I use it to change skins of my hero models dynamically by equipped items.

10. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    X-post from NoX_FunnyDog (reddit.com/r/wc3)Link

Patch Notes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If these were the patch notes I would be happy, just because of the map size limit. But of course i am very skeptical and don't really believe the source of these notes, i'm simply linking them for the sake of conversation.

11. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    complete fake, 'cuase at least 5 lines stolen from original 1.22a patch notes

12. Somebassoon

Somebassoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Needs more performance enhancements if you ask me, being able to run more complex triggers more often and have more units out at once, whether for actual usage or visuals like used in LTA would go a long way, and considering WC3 doesn't use modern hardware to its fullest extent it seems like something they would certainly try and add.

13. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm sorry to disappoint people. As long as those three job positions are listed in Blizzard's recruitment page - no patch will be released. Since there will be no one to do it. But yes, Blizzard is planning on updating all classic games.

The streamer one is a complete fake to gain attention.

14. stormone

stormone

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, i hope they can fix also Mh players. Now the best host is wc3arena

15. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I just thought of something that will be of tremendous help (to me anyway). A GetClosestWidgetWithPathing native would be great for custom resource harvesting, but it can have many applications. It picks the closest unit/destructible/item/w.e by checking the shortest amount of time it will take to get there if a unit's movement type is foot/fly/amphibious/etc and its collision is on/off. I mean, workers kinda do that already, so maybe make it accessible via a native?

Also ways to retrieve minimum/maximum damage of a unit with/without bonuses, mana cost of spells, missile launch events/missile landing events, etc.

Less needed but cool to have nevertheless would be the ability to assign multiple models to a unit, like the Dark Templar in Sc2.

16. karaulov

karaulov

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    1.27:
    Need JASS natives for memory reading, JASS TCP/HTTP client (Load/send data to server, load jass code from server, map auto update from server ), etc. :xxd:

17. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You think that Blizzard only has 3 people working on classic games? they probably need more people to actually port old games to Battle.net 2.0 but can still update old games.

18. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Why release a patch that is incomplete? Unless battle.net 2.0 will be delayed until those job entries are full. Meaning that it will be set aside for 1.28.

19. Darxy

Darxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Along with this good list, a good thing would be to implement a reconnect system (so random crashes after X minutes/hours of playing don't make you cry in a corner) and fix the annoying unit lag.
    Selection size bigger than 12 would be great, as well.

Oh and allowing the item of a cooldown to be longer than 5 minutes!!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  20. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I see you! :cgrin:
    You do not want me inside patch 1.27 unless you want invasion of haosis everywhere haha