• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.1.2 – Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Right. Blizzard can't start balancing this game to favor high APM players, it's got to be balanced for the average. I was 8 games above 50% win/loss as terran pre-patch, now I'm 20 games below 50% post patch in the space of 2 days.
If reapers getting nerfed screwed you over so bad, you should try some less cheesy openings. If it wasn't the reaper nerf, then, well, no offense but you probably didn't belong in the ladder where you were.

Reaper nerf was a bit too much imo, especially since they gave zerg a way to prevent 5raxlame. Also no one counters reapers with zealots.

Blizzard can't start balancing this game to favor high APM players, it's got to be balanced for the average.
APM is irrelevant, considering you should be matched up against players of similar skill and thus similar APM levels.

Level 22
#Void Ray damage nerf makes Void Rays atleast in my opinion useless. The Void Ray being overpowered thing is bull ****. If a player has even the smallest ammount of knowledge over Void Rays he will scout his enemy's base and find that Starport, thus having the oportunity to create an effective defence in time. Void Rays are fragile and cost too much to be nerfed. All this because of some stupid bronze league players complaining on the forums.

I think you don't know what you r talking about. No doubt a protoss player.

I watch lots of top replays and I played enough in beta to notice that something was wrong with VRs they did wayy too much damage and I noticed that since beta. No need to be Maka or Loner or whoever. And im not talking about mass VRs no other units. Just stalkers sentries and VRs, you have marines, let's say stimpacked so what? VR still kills with ultra dmg, no need to even use stalkers.

Also one game frm August Lucifron vs ... some protoss, wow what a show, Void Rays raped battlecruisers, yes I know they do when charged but hell that was a show, like damage cheat enabled killed all army. So the VR damage nerf finally. Eureka!

It seems from my best MU TvZ turned into my worst MU after. TvT my strat from beta became way ineffective, learned a new one from one player replays and now I do fine in mirror. Have to do the same in TvZ. I find Z ok no imba.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Void rays (warp rays) were meant to hard counter battlecruisers, blizzard intended that since before the beta... This lattest nerf sort of ruined them, as I showed there are a lot better DPS options that are not a glass cannon nor have unstable DPS.

They could have given them additional damage against massive targets as well as armored as BCs and carriers are both armored and massive so would get high DPS while armored alone would get much reduced. Now I feel that void rays just do not do enough to be worth their cost.

Level 22
They could have given them additional damage against massive targets as well as armored as BCs and carriers are both armored and massive so would get high DPS while armored alone would get much reduced. Now I feel that void rays just do not do enough to be worth their cost.

Im fine with making them anti-BC but they couldn't leave that damage vs weaker units only to hard counter later units. Also with the speed nerf now VRs require some control unlike the past A-move noobs

Level 21
You do not find them, they find you...
Run the game main executable (StarCraft II.exe). Make sure you have a valid internet connection active. Finally just wait for all the update dialogs to complete and start the game. You will be up to date.

Okie dokie then and I just thought it did the same with Warcraft with Battlenet.
Meh.

Level 12
Well after reading all the posts (50% of people actualy don't know what they are talking about) I have the feeling that there are only Terrans on this topic.

No comment.

#Supply Depot before Baracks is needed because a lot of Terran players went EARLY reaper which devastated Zerg and Protoss alike, if I am correct no race besides Terran could actualy withstand that furst early push made of 1-3 reapers because the time needet to get out the first zerglings or zealots was far greater.
Ofcourse we take into account that in some maps Reapers are not as effective because the small number of cliffs, this means the Supply Depot before Baracks was a partialy needed improvement of balance.

I don't recall Reapers used against Protoss very much after release, simply because Stalkers easily counter Reapers. Vs Zerg, 5rax reaper was too strong but I mean, they were nerfed into uselessness. Roach range buff already significantly weakened Reapers and the factory requirement for nitropacks was clear overkill, as was the depot before barracks.

#Roach range was increased because they were too weak in late-game, still I wonder how is this balance when from weak Roaches are now something far greater, destroying Melee units and Ranged units alike. Still Marauders, Immortals and Colossus are a really hard counter to Roaches.

Roaches were fine before, but I have no complaints with the buff, I tend to think its good.

#Void Ray damage nerf makes Void Rays atleast in my opinion useless. The Void Ray being overpowered thing is bull ****. If a player has even the smallest ammount of knowledge over Void Rays he will scout his enemy's base and find that Starport, thus having the oportunity to create an effective defence in time. Void Rays are fragile and cost too much to be nerfed. All this because of some stupid bronze league players complaining on the forums.

Void rays kinda overpowered before, I'm sure. I mean, they ripped apart everything when they were charged, though they were sort of fragile. I don't think its fair that charged void rays rip apart a whole bunch of stimmed marines.

#I am neutral in terms of the Medivac speed nerf, I understand that players have to look at the minimap but when you knew that the oponent had Medivacs you had to be constantly looking at the minimap thus losing time and focus on your macro.
Much players had problems reacting to Medivacs becuase of their speed, so Blizzard made a small but maybe notable change. Only time will tell how this change is good or bad.

Kinda good for people fighting against Terrans, bad for Terran armies because medivacs are now going to have a harder time keeping with the army.

#The increase in Nexus and Hatchery HP is a good buff because Terran players had the chance to quickly destroy these buildings with only some Marines and Marauders. Not really a game changer, if you destroy the other players' Nexus\Hatchery then this probably means he has no army to defend with so you're just moving in for the kill and destroying some stuff on the way to be sure you have the upper hand.

Zerg buffs were pretty necessary I'd say. I'm not sure about the Nexus and I did hope there would be some better buffs to the Terran buildings than a bit of HP for supply depots.

PS:please quote me and comment where you think I'm wrong so we can work it out :)

Back at you.

Level 5
1.No comment.

2.I don't recall Reapers used against Protoss very much after release, simply because Stalkers easily counter Reapers. Vs Zerg, 5rax reaper was too strong but I mean, they were nerfed into uselessness. Roach range buff already significantly weakened Reapers and the factory requirement for nitropacks was clear overkill, as was the depot before barracks.

3.Roaches were fine before, but I have no complaints with the buff, I tend to think its good.

4.Void rays kinda overpowered before, I'm sure. I mean, they ripped apart everything when they were charged, though they were sort of fragile. I don't think its fair that charged void rays rip apart a whole bunch of stimmed marines.

5.Kinda good for people fighting against Terrans, bad for Terran armies because medivacs are now going to have a harder time keeping with the army.

6.Zerg buffs were pretty necessary I'd say. I'm not sure about the Nexus and I did hope there would be some better buffs to the Terran buildings than a bit of HP for supply depots.

7.Back at you.

1. No comment
2. If you already have stalkers then you're probably way ahead then that danger moment when you're weak to Reapers.
I forgot to say that after this patch...well Blizzard just deleted Reapers. That Factory before Nitro Packs is total ship.
3. Roaches are pretty good now :) I think they are balanced...am I wrong?
4. Well in any case if before they were overpowered, now they are equal to a Zergling...yes I said a Zergling, well maybe a Zergling with a ranged atack.
5. I think it's very strange that a Marine can outrun a Medivac.
6. Supply Depots were quite fragile thou now even stronger wall-offs are going to be a problem, a Terran can macro and turtle all he wants.
7. Back at you ;)

Last edited:
Level 5
1.Yes, I'm a Terran, but I support the game being balanced.

2.No, you're wrong. We never saw early reapers in TvP after the beta because they are so weak, and in TvZ the roach 4 range and reaper speed factory requirement already kill 5rax reaper even without depot before rax (turbo reapers loses to lings in tvz).

3.Reaper cliff jumping is more important for scouting and fleeing, not for offence. It's their speed and damage to light units that makes them so strong offensively.

3.Roaches seem fine.

4.Thors are still bad late game against Protoss, but I like that you can get 250mm up earlier for early Thor-Marine-SCV pushes to take care of the occasional Immortal.

5.Actually, Void Rays were nerfed because MakaPrime (one of the best players in the world) demonstrated a Zealot/Sentry/Void Ray all in which was far too strong in TvP. He sent replays to Blizzard documenting it, a lot of explanations on why it was so strong, and so on.

So no, not Bronze league players whining.

6.No, it was because they could be in so many places in TvZ but mostly TvP. Hasn't really mattered a huge amount though.

Players with bad attention spans will still lose to drops.

7.The Zerg buffs were fine, but I don't like how much life some Protoss buildings (Nexuses, Assimilators etc) have compared to their Terran and Zerg counterparts.

So yeah, almost everything.

1. I love balance :)
2. Reapers are useless NOW, but I'm talking about their situtaion before the patch, and Nitro Pack Reapers were still strong against speedlings.
3. Roaches seem fine.
4. Still Thors are better then before and if a push with SCVs is done properly it could be very well a game ender.
5. Have you watched it and where can I find it if possible?
6. Still this gives a chance for Silver and Bronze players to react properly.
7. I like the Nexus health now, as for Assimilators...neutral.

Sorry for double-posting but this Multi-Quote button doesnt work, I tried F5 and waited a bit but I don't know what has to happen XD

Level 40
2. Reapers are useless NOW, but I'm talking about their situtaion before the patch, and Nitro Pack Reapers were still strong against speedlings.
The point is that they were overnerfed.

4. Still Thors are better then before and if a push with SCVs is done properly it could be very well a game ender.
This has nothing to do with HTs since fast teching to HTs is a death sentence in PvT.

5. Have you watched it and where can I find it if possible?
No, Blizzard said this at BlizzCon and the replay(s) wasn't/weren't released.

Still this gives a chance for Silver and Bronze players to react properly.
If they couldn't notice them before I doubt a quarter of a second helped.

I like the Nexus health now, as for Assimilators...neutral.
I personally hate Nexus health now. I can start attacking an undefended Nexus with my entire army and a Protoss force on the other side of their base can often get there in time to defend it even though their user totally incompetently positioned their army.

]Sorry for double-posting but this Multi-Quote button doesnt work, I tried F5 and waited a bit but I don't know what has to happen XD
You could always use copy+paste...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Perhapse reapers could get a hitpoint buff if people think they are too weak, from my experiences using them they must be made of paper or something as stalkers, roaches/hydras and maurders/other terran non marine units can sneeze at them to kill them.

Eithor that or they are meant to compliment terran pushes. For their cost I think their anti building damage is pretty good.

They attack every 2.3 - 1.9 seconds for 30 damage (39 damage at 3).
This converts to 13.04 - 15.79 DPS (16.96 - 20.53 DPS at 3).
They cost 50 minerals and 50 gas.

You can get over 4 for the cost of a thor giving you atleast 67.83 - 82.11 DPS against buildings compred to the thor's 60.9 DPS when upgraded.
Their anti light damage is also pretty good as well.

Thus I think blizzard is intending them to be some sort of additional troop rather than for ealy raiding.

Level 5
1.The point is that they were overnerfed.

2.This has nothing to do with HTs since fast teching to HTs is a death sentence in PvT.

3.No, Blizzard said this at BlizzCon and the replay(s) wasn't/weren't released.

4.If they couldn't notice them before I doubt a quarter of a second helped.

5.I personally hate Nexus health now. I can start attacking an undefended Nexus with my entire army and a Protoss force on the other side of their base can often get there in time to defend it even though their user totally incompetently positioned their army.

6.You could always use copy+paste...
1. Absolutely.
2. Not always.
3. You were there?
4. Okay then this nerf gives an oportunity for Gold+ players. Oh and it's actualy A second, not a quarter of a second.
5. I have nothing so say except get a bigger army then ;D
6. Thanks for the tip.

Perhapse reapers could get a hitpoint buff if people think they are too weak, from my experiences using them they must be made of paper or something as stalkers, roaches/hydras and maurders/other terran non marine units can sneeze at them to kill them.

Eithor that or they are meant to compliment terran pushes. For their cost I think their anti building damage is pretty good.

You can get over 4 for the cost of a thor giving you atleast 67.83 - 82.11 DPS against buildings compred to the thor's 60.9 DPS when upgraded.

Thus I think blizzard is intending them to be some sort of additional troop rather than for ealy raiding.

The anti building damage is definetly their purpose, like a demolition unit. And maybe they serve the purpose of killing undefended buildings to gain the upper hand.

Level 21
Hope the other expansions will have updates too and past missions to play like Raynor did in the lab to play some Zera'tul missions.
Would be fun to see Kerrigan play out her past in Starcraft II, in a flash back and then be corrupted by the Zerg.
For the Protoss as well.

Level 22
In the sc2 missions they intoroduce you to all protoss units in just 4 missions though I never saw zealot or sentry introduction. And they didn't introduce the zerg units cause you don't play zerg, unless you mind control them with towers. then it's ZvZ :D

The only portrait I play for from the campaign is Kerrigan, but it requires 29 missions on brutal, I count 28 even with those completed that i didn't when making the choices. I'm at the last mission so i'll see if it means '28' not 29.

I like that portraits won by 1v1 != portraits won by 2v2 unlike war3 where the same, it's an indicator of how many games you've played of certain match type when using it

And I don't watch achievements as some know, that is idc that even when i've all missions but the last. the achiv bar is half. At first I thought this bar meant number of finished missions not number of finished achievements. Yes nvm

Level 40
2. Not always.
Yes. If they open cloaked banshees, you lose since you lack detection. If they open with some sort of barracks timing push, you still lose since you are putting so much money into getting HTs.

3. You were there?
No, but it's been recorded. Search for the Blizzcon 2010 Starcraft II Multiplayer Panel on youtube.

5. I have nothing so say except get a bigger army then ;D

--

Reapers cost too much gas and take too long to build to be viable as some sort of harassment/support anti-building unit. Dropping MM is much more effective and Reapers aren't better enough than MM at killing buildings to justify how much worse they are against most units and their absurd gas and build time costs.

--

Imtor, there is a secret mission too, so 29 total.

Level 12

Lore wise that doesn't make sense. Their hp is too low and stimmed Marauders do more dps to buildings, if I'm not mistaken. They also do less dps
than stimmed marines against most units I think. Their low hp and high build time makes them unsuitable for core armies, since they'll get toasted quickly and won't get reinforced nearly as fast as needed. Also, cost wise they're not too good, Marines are more useful than Reapers in general combat, especially with upgrades considered.

In addition, why would they get the ability to jump cliffs, good speed (especially with upgrade), have a strong anti building attack and be good against only light units, which are all early starting units and workers, and also be available early in the game, if they're not designed for early raiding?

In short, Reapers have low hp, take way too long to make, can be easily countered now, are not too useful in combat. You can nearly make two Marines by the time you make one Reaper (Marines have 25 build time, Reapers have 45) and they don't require a tech lab or cost gas.

EDIT: Also note, Thors are more useful than Reapers in that, they can attack air, they do dangerous amounts of damage vs all ground units and also they will actually survive to be useful in battle.

EDIT2:

The anti building damage is definetly their purpose, like a demolition unit. And maybe they serve the purpose of killing undefended buildings to gain the upper hand.

Marine + Marauder drops are WAY more effective at this. With Medivacs they're able to go through routes the Reaper wishes it could. This is why Medivac speed was lowered and Zergs has building HP increased; because a drop quickly took out Zerg tech structures (which had very low hp before). Reapers just take too long to build as well at 45 game seconds, whereas Marines take 25 and Marauders (Which is better for sniping structures) take 30 to build.

Level 22
Imtor, there is a secret mission too, so 29 total.

Ty, I saw what i missed. Good think I had a save before going to Char which erased what I played on Char but it was hella easy with mind control towers so im gonna do it again. I wanted to have specific upgrades before last mission on Char like spectre perma cloaked but i ran out of cash, going back 3 missions before will do it.

Level 10
I am owning in platinum with a 3rax reaper opening.

I hit with about 8-10ish reapers off of 3 rax, all with +1/+1 and speed. (the tech labs then go to a factory, and then reactors are put down, and it moves perfectly into MMMT from there, aka easy button :thumbs_up: )

Almost every game it takes them quite by surprise, because they are just not used like that anymore.

5-6rax reaper was solid until the nerf, but I find that reaper builds, at least what I am using, are still viable.

In the very least, they make the enemy build up more defenses and clam up more so you can secure your very difficult to secure expansions.

I still think the zerg building health upgrade wasn't needed.

Overlord placements should basically null 99% of drops, there are only a few effective drop spots on each map, just learn them... And a few queens can take them down very effectively while just a small handful of speedlings can take a dropped mm ball. Infesting the map does not mean that you don't have to defend all of it... Creep gives you vision of the ground, overlords give you vision of the spots that creep doesn't, there is absolutely no excuse for getting dropped to death as zerg.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
For brutal I advise getting all upgrades... Technologically you need PSI disruptors for shattering the sky mission choice and HMEs for the other choice.

Choice wise I advise going with the anti ground mission so you face air in the final mission. Mind controlling broodlords totally thrashes kerrigan as she can not psyonic implosion organic units (Brood lords and mutalisks are immune) and the insane attack rate of broodlings rips her super armor appart (she can not take more than 5 damage a hit). Additionally the land units that come are so few that broodlords alone can keep them at bay let alone with the odd siege tank support. You can also use medics/medivacs to keep your zerg air well healed, another advantage of them being organic. Livithan is tough, but with a hoard of mutalisks he stands no chance (especially if you provide terran air support). Only problem is you will have to spam HME towers and you must get used to good micro (they do not auto convert). Do not forget to leave SCVs on repair to keep the towers healed beyond their auto repair systems can and keep making more.

So you lot can stop guessing, here are the exact maximum DPS values from marine, maurder and reaper.

Maurder
Attack period 1.625 - 1.4375 (1.125 - 0.9375 stimmed)
Damage 13 (+13 to armored)
DPS 8 (+8) - 9.04 (+9.04) (11.56 (+11.56) - 13.87 (+13.87) stimmed)

Marine
Attack period 0.9858 - 0.7983 (0.6989 - 0.5114 stimmed)
Damage 9
DPS 9.13 - 11.27 (12.88 - 17.60 stimmed)

Reaper
Building
Attack period 2.3 - 1.9
Damage 39
DPS 16.96 - 20.53

Normal
Attack period 1.225 - 1.0375
Damage 2 * 7 (+5 light)
DPS 11.43 (+8.16) - 13.49 (+9.64)

The analysis is that reapers do more damage to buildings and light units than even stimmed marines. Against light units they beat stimmed maurders DPS wise as well. Maurders however do more DPS against armored units (buildings) than the anti building rounds of the reaper.

Thus they you see their damage is not as low as you were lead to believe. However is it worth their cost though...

My calculations are theretical values, actual DPS values will be rounded to nearest frames.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
PurplePoot, incase you have not realised, there is an element of randomness added to attack timing. I am prety sure if you get an army of 10 maurders to attack a dummy they will eventually (or should acording to editor data unless sub frames get ingored) be attacking out of sync despite all of them firing the first volley at once.

As such there is a worst possible case whereby you have the longest possible reload time and a best possible case where you have the shortest reload time.
The value shown to players ingame is the period, in the case of the maurder it is correct in saying that it is 1.5. Maurders have a "Random Delay Maximum" of 0.125 seconds and a "Random Delay Minimum" of -0.0625 seconds, as such they actually attack slower on average (or atleast should) than the given period by under 1 frame.

Although for maurders this is a minimal error, it still does mean their DPS varies (a range) which is what I tried to take into consideration. Attack speed works on period only I believe thus the maximum and minimum are not subject to multiplication (I think they are offsets but I will eventually look into this).

Although for maurders and marines this is nearly un noticable, but for D-8 charges of Reapers they have a minum delay of 0.1 with maximum of 0.5 thus are actually slower than the 1.8 period listed ingame (average of 2.1) so unless you take that into consideration the damage dealt would be computed far greater than the actual damage D-8 charges do.

Level 10
tagg, that wouldn't work against good players. You are basically relying on them playing poorly.

(You also lose to a Roach bust).

--

DSG, your numbers are weird. First, why do you keep listing two attack speeds rather than one? Second, Marauders should have 1.5 attack speed.

Tis working for me so far! :thumbs_up:
(Lets not do the "this one build will beat it so it sucks" game plox)

I think we are going to see reapers come back, I just think that no one has really found a nice little niche for them yet.

If you check the editor, each unit actually has a slight random time added or subtracted from their attack speed.

So their attack speed is actually variable. :grin:

Level 22
For brutal I advise getting all upgrades... Technologically you need PSI disruptors for shattering the sky mission choice and HMEs for the other choice.

Since the Supernova mission. Valhalla, Maw of the Void and Korhal I don't use infantry making the orbital strike useless to me, tech reactor times better. And Im replaying from after Media Blitz cause i didnt find the Secret mission and want tje Kerrigan portrait. Also NO. I never used Thors there, there were other upgardes and yet I wasted upg on Thor.

As for the Zerg, if you have psi disruptor on the last mission you will do better, cause I use the mind control one and is pretty easy for the 1st 2 missions on Char but in the last the psi is the better choice which I cant change and won't change, im trying it with the mind control.

My idea about specters is because in 'Utter Darkness' I was making a wall of Dark Templars and killing overseers at all costs before they reach the wall of darks so the masses of zerg couldn't pass. Was thinking of doing the same with specters :)

But hell yeah, fun to play the last one now with completed secret mission. And as some pointed out - they could've used the Kerrigan portrait from the cinematic, the current one is kind of like recolored Nova. She's still good there but Nova is hotter, while Kerrigan is hotter on the 'betrayal' cinematic.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Mind control is only good if you are facing air in the final mission. Cause air is not that numerous, land is a non issue and you can just mind control all incomming air. Against land the mind control pillar is usless cause all the land they send is very weak and will cause too much damage to you anyway.

Level 40
Tis working for me so far! :thumbs_up:
(Lets not do the "this one build will beat it so it sucks" game plox)

I think we are going to see reapers come back, I just think that no one has really found a nice little niche for them yet.
It's just that it's kind of like saying cannon into mass void rays is viable because it works in bronze. It's not that one build beats your strategy; it's that pretty much any half decent Zerg will scout it and beat it easily.

(And obviously against P/T you autolose to anything)

If you check the editor, each unit actually has a slight random time added or subtracted from their attack speed.

So their attack speed is actually variable. :grin:
Neat, but in pretty much every case you might as well assume the stated value.

Level 12

Choice wise I advise going with the anti ground mission so you face air in the final mission. Mind controlling broodlords totally thrashes kerrigan as she can not psyonic implosion organic units (Brood lords and mutalisks are immune) and the insane attack rate of broodlings rips her super armor appart (she can not take more than 5 damage a hit). Additionally the land units that come are so few that broodlords alone can keep them at bay let alone with the odd siege tank support. You can also use medics/medivacs to keep your zerg air well healed, another advantage of them being organic. Livithan is tough, but with a hoard of mutalisks he stands no chance (especially if you provide terran air support). Only problem is you will have to spam HME towers and you must get used to good micro (they do not auto convert). Do not forget to leave SCVs on repair to keep the towers healed beyond their auto repair systems can and keep making more.

So you lot can stop guessing, here are the exact maximum DPS values from marine, maurder and reaper.

Maurder
Attack period 1.625 - 1.4375 (1.125 - 0.9375 stimmed)
Damage 13 (+13 to armored)
DPS 8 (+8) - 9.04 (+9.04) (11.56 (+11.56) - 13.87 (+13.87) stimmed)

Marine
Attack period 0.9858 - 0.7983 (0.6989 - 0.5114 stimmed)
Damage 9
DPS 9.13 - 11.27 (12.88 - 17.60 stimmed)

Reaper
Building
Attack period 2.3 - 1.9
Damage 39
DPS 16.96 - 20.53

Normal
Attack period 1.225 - 1.0375
Damage 2 * 7 (+5 light)
DPS 11.43 (+8.16) - 13.49 (+9.64)

The analysis is that reapers do more damage to buildings and light units than even stimmed marines. Against light units they beat stimmed maurders DPS wise as well. Maurders however do more DPS against armored units (buildings) than the anti building rounds of the reaper.

Thus they you see their damage is not as low as you were lead to believe. However is it worth their cost though...

My calculations are theretical values, actual DPS values will be rounded to nearest frames.

But then that just validates what I said. Stimmed Marauders are better for killing buildings than Reapers. Stimmed Marines are better for general combat, since they do more DPS than Reapers against everything but light units and they can attack air. In addition to the fact they cost 50 gas more and that by the time you get one Reaper, you'll almost have two Marines in the same time (Or almost four, since you can get a Reactor and pump out dual Marines from there, something you can't do with Reapers). The fact that you can quickly get more Marines or Marauders than you can get Reapers due to the long build time.

Status
Not open for further replies.