• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Parabolic Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Therefore I quote your avatar that describes you in perfection:

blahblah

Which is exactly what the Jump template I posted does ...

so, u wanted it like this:

point 1: mine does that, too

point 2: i'd say that it isnt necessary to insult each other if we mean the same thing and we post two systems which do the same things...

point 3(@dynasti if he still follows this threads happenings):
by this value describing an arch do you mean somethign like Pi is for a cricle?
that, i think, does not exist - there is no such formula that describes a whole arch including range and height in one single value
you can set height as well as range and so on depending on each other and with this way manipulate the archs lane

Don't you understand? He means this:
attachment.php

He wants to be able to make an arc based on that value, the max distance, and the current distance. Now maybe he will get some decent help now I've explained it for him.

Attachments

• Arc.JPG
    Arc.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 239
point 2: i'd say that it isnt necessary to insult each other if we mean the same thing and we post two systems which do the same things...
If emilj3 could read this post he would most likely have a heart attack. You can't possibly compare your GUI non MUI map to his jump template.
Which part of Dynasty's avatar "No GUI allowed" didn't you understand ?

Ok now I have gone trough this whole thread. I found what I needed, thx :D
Which, surprisingly, was the first post I made. How curious Palaslayer...

Btw, next time you call me a dumb, remember this pathetic discussion.

Level 15
Ok now I have gone trough this whole thread. I found what I needed, thx :D

JASS:
function Parabola takes real arc, real d, real x returns real
    return (4 * arc) * (d - x) * (x / d)
endfunction
Dynasti, you're pathetic, that's the same formula I gave you with the difference that it changes the name height with arc.

Next time request stuff that at least you can understand, or better, never request anything and do your stuff by your own.

*the daily hive stupidity has been accomplished here*

moyack, don't flame people for not understanding maths very well. He wanted something similar to the way the wc3 engine does it, and he didn't know how to turn your function into what he wanted.

Flame_Phoenix and Palaslayer - give it up. The post has been solved, it doesn't require people arguing about the best way to do it now he has found his solution. If you really want to carry on arguing, do it through PMs or whatever, but not in this thread.

Dynasti, you're pathetic, that's the same formula I gave you with the difference that it changes the name height with arc.

Next time request stuff that at least you can understand, or better, never request anything and do your stuff by your own.

*the daily hive stupidity has been accomplished here*

moyack, don't flame people for not understanding maths very well. He wanted something similar to the way the wc3 engine does it, and he didn't know how to turn your function into what he wanted.
This is incredible, it is the first time I see moyack angry at some one, and believe that's hard to do (moyack has a lot of patience for me, specially in wc3c xD ).
I don't want to be bad against Dynasti as he also is my friend, but I have to admit moyack is correct, I mean, moyack is no pro at maths either (in fact Spec helped him optmizing the function you see) and I am a maths noob, but when I read his thread about the formula I got the main idea (seriously, it even has a PICTURE!) and I don't believe that some that reads that thread can't understand how to use the formula...

so someone helped him, i didnt, what do u want?
I want that next time I suggest a way to help that you idiot don't call em a dumb.

Flame_Phoenix and Palaslayer - give it up.
As usual you are correct too =D

Level 14
moyack is no pro at maths either (in fact Spec helped him optmizing the function you see)
In fact, that statement doesn't mean that he is prolly bad at math related topics. Look at this - moyack's "God bless math!!!" :)

And, in fact, I calculated parabolic formula, optimized it on paper and just offered moyack the better variant of formula (for the community sake, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.