1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Pandaren ORPG [voodoo studios]

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Raven0, Oct 29, 2010.

1. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    There's a guy called Dragonson, he's really awesome at 2D Art. He has a signature shop. Send him a PM.

2. Raven0

Raven0

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No this project isn't dead, I just haven't posted in a while. I have finished the combat systems and I re-did the channel system so it nows shows an actual bar instead of just "| | | | | | | ". Also I am working on the Sage's skill grid and will post a screenshot tonight.

M0rbid, i'll send you everything i have tonight so you can see what i'm doing and know where the project is headed. Sorry to get it to you so late but i've been somewhat busy.

I'll see if he's interested, thanks :)

3. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Only 4 heroes?

4. Raven0

Raven0

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I want quality over quantity. Four hero's for each of the four combat types will work fine.

You have to understand that for each hero we're talking:
    - skill grid or 3 talent trees
    - custom effects
    - custom icons
    - 11 balanced, MUI, and perfectly-coded abilities
    - stat bonus balancing for that class

It adds up, maybe once I am happy with how well these four heros are built and/or balanced I will add more.

5. nickel510

nickel510

Resources:
    Resources:
    Jeeez dude, the terrain is gorgeous. Thats crazy. Are those all custom models you're using? How did you do get the water to do that in the throne room? it sure doesn't look like a waterfall doodad.

6. Raven0

Raven0

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    heheh, ty ^-^

99% of them are custom models. The water coming out of the statue are waterfalls but the water at the base is a northrend water tile found in the Ultimate Terraining Map

7. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I could not agree with you more. Though I do not think adding more heroes is necessary, as playstyles may get repetitive. Eventually, you think you're creating great heroes, only to discover that you're replicating the playstyle of another class. If you ever do decide to expand on classes, expand on your current ones, like new abilities and giving players a choice in which abilities they have, etc.

Can't wait to play. ^.^

8. rcshaggy

rcshaggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pandarens are so fucking awesome and I love you for making this. :3

Not in a gay way mind you, but damn this is so creative and well thought of.

9. Raven0

Raven0

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I totally agree. World of Warcraft has been out for over a decade now and they are still adding on to/improving upon it's classes.

I'm taking a break from this project this weekend but I hope to continue work on the talent and inventory systems next week (I am bored w/ terraining atm ^-^)

10. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I could terrain like you, I'd never get bored. =P

I was wondering - how far along is the map in terms of size? It is multiplayer (I'm assuming from the "features" tab), and yet it looks like you have quite a lot of imports and that the terrain is still underway.

Also, will players be going by airship to Gaia? On the world map, it looks as if you'd be going by sea to a floating island.

11. Raven0

Raven0

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lawl, well it can get very tedious especially when you build things brick-by-brick (like the Thaet buildings). Still, sometimes you see things that get you inspired to do work on it (like when I saw Oziris's rock statues for you'r SoE).

It's at 4.8MB atm but i've already imported the hero models/skins and the UI, plus I have lot's of terrain doodads I haven't used yet that I can export if needed. I don't know how much space the talent boards, inventory, and map will take up though :(

I actually hadn't really thought about it. The dotted lines were only meant to represent long-distance travel paths and not necessarily the means by which you were being transported. I guess it would have to be an airship though wouldn't it? ^-^

12. M0rbid

M0rbid

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I'm sorry that I did not post here or ask you for informations, but it happened, that all of my computers did crash, but now finally I was able to fix them, and here I am back!

13. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Holy shit... this map actually has potential. Can I join as a GUI triggerer? I want to make some spells, as this looks pretty promising. Proof of my skills - my GUI FSInv(which I hope you'll use).

14. Brombie

Brombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    However generic pandarens may be in the community, I haven't seen a single mod about the race as main theme yet. Best of luck with the progression. I like what I've read about it, and the terrain look very quality.

*You may not recieve any message about that permission from norinrad, as he is unactive. (I'm actually waiting for a response from a year old message on wc3c, though I'm not concerned about the matter any longer.)

15. Raven0

Raven0

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    First off let me apologize for not posting for a while, I have been taking a little break and working on an update to Cloudwolf's D3W.

I have decided to scrap the skill grid b/c after testing with it it's just too large and would kill the file size if I were to import four of them (even if I decreased the image quality). Thus I have decided to go with the more traditional WoW-like talent tree approach that I had originally intended to implement.

Glad to hear it. Just give me a heads up on if you decided to do the loading screen or something else and please feel free to put forth any ideas you have for the project ^-^

Actually? Sure i'll add you to the list. I'm going to finish D3W over the next few days and then work on this full time. At which point let's discuss hero abilities, the inventory, talent trees, and hero design so we can get an idea of what were doing before we start triggering.

Thanks for the positive response. I figured as much as far as Norinrad goes :6

16. DamneDD

DamneDD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks very promising indeed. I'll be tracking this thread till the actual game comes out and play the shit out of it :)