1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Panda Tag v.10.0

Submitted by Monkeycat
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
1. General Info

The map is based upon and inspired by (the Old School map) Kodo Tag 2,2 which was made by Tiny Tauren & GaMeR[RuS]. Hence this map follows the same recognizable formula from regular Kodo Tag, but with additional changes and a Pandaren twist. People who enjoy regular Kodo tag, other tag maps and other team based games versus the computer will hopefully find this map both challenging and enjoyable to play.

The goal of the game is to survive for 35 minutes by protecting your your Panda Runner from the demonic onslaught. However, if the demons manages to catch your runner, your teammates may still save you and by doing so they will receive a small reward.

It is suggested to play this map with others, but it is possible to play alone. Starting the map as the sole player will automatically activate the single player mode and a new solitaire option should appear. However, this mode is generally harder than playing the map with other players, but it should also offer a fun solitaire challenge.

2. Map info and Features

Panda Tag does differ quite a bit from the Kodo tag it was originally based upon. In this map you are not fighting against the kodos, but rather a demonic invasion. This map makes use of more sophisticated triggers that makes the demons attack the player from many different angles. Here are some of the key features of Panda tag:
  1. Panda tag is generally harder than regular Kodo Tag. People new to the tag genre might need to play the map several times, even on the easier difficulties to achieve victory.
  2. Mazing does not work in this map and it is therefore suggested to rather build up a base with fortifications.
  3. Lumber is a resource in this game and it is primarily used for upgrades while gold is needed for more or less everything.
  4. This map makes use of the upkeep mechanic and the max food limit is: 125.
  5. Workers and good fortifications are expensive both in terms of gold and food. Managing your economy becomes very important to survive the late game.
  6. Many researches are available to the player in the blacksmith and researching most of them are crucial to stand a chance against the demonic invasion.
  7. Most of the defensive structures may be upgraded several times.
  8. The map gets progressively harder throughout the game and it is therefore highly recommended to gain a foothold before the mid- and end game starts.

3. Changelog:

• Added a more accessible single player mode which is automatically activated when playing alone.
  • Reduced the difficulty while playing as few players. The total number of spawning demons have been reduced on all difficulties depending on the number of active players.
  • Added a quest log which contains tips and more detailed credits.

• Some minor bug fixes and balancing.

• Added some new demon mechanics and another demon unit.
  • Reduced the difficulty on the initial spawn on all levels.
  • Added more player bonuses for the "Normal" and "Easy" difficulties to make the early game much more enjoyable for new players.
  • The "easy" and "normal" difficulties should now be more accessible because of a health increase to all basic buildings and a damage buff to all basic towers.
  • Tweaked some of the changes from the previous version.
  • Added more music.
  • Added a function that automatically removes demons if many players leaves.
  • Fixed a single player bug.
  • Improved and balanced the triggers that automatically removes demons if players leaves.
  • Redesigned some of the map.
  • Balanced some of the changes from the previous version.
  • Some bug fixes and minor balancing changes for the single player version.

4. Credits:

Pandaren Models:

Pandaren Footman (Pandaren Kyo Warrior) by Norinrad
Pandaren Kyo Warrior by Norinrad

Pandaren Shaman (Shaman and Derivatives)by Ujimasa Hojo
Shaman and Derivatives

Pandaren Runner (Sumo) by Norinrad
Pandaren Sumo

Pandaren Peasant (Pandaren Villager) by General Frank
Pandaren Villager

Magical Walls (Burrow (Orc) and Derivatives) by Ujimasa Hojo
Burrow (Orc) and Derivatives

Big Wall (Quilboar Bunker) by Edge45
Quilboar Bunker

Demon Models:

Infernal Demon (Mannoroth) by Murlocologist
Mannoroth

Enraged Demon (DoomLord Submitted) by NaserKingArthas
DoomLord

Diabolic Demon (HeroMoltenOverlord) by Nirvendor
HeroMoltenOverlord

The Music used is borrowed from Electronic Arts' canceled MOBA-game: "Dawngate".

The music is accessible from: Waystone Games' Soundcloud.
Previews
Contents

Panda Tag v.10.0 (Map)

Reviews
Paillan
HARD. even with 6 players it was impossible for any of us to get a base going, even if we got ignored for a while, when we got attacked it was by 4 or more demons at the same time, and they shreded walls and towers. Eventually we won by running around...
  1. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please provide screenshots.

2. Monkeycat

Monkeycat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright, now I have added some more screenshots from the game :)

3. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I highly suggest you re design the description, right now it's lack luster, plain and confusing (there are map tips as well as features bunched up)
    Instead of making single player a code thing, I suggest using a trigger that detects when there's only one "user" player on the map.

Set to Awaiting update
    ======================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
    The Grand Review Exchange!

4. Monkeycat

Monkeycat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you Paillan for for taking time to comment, I will try to do what you have requested as soon as I have the spare time. :)

5. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Simply too hard. I don't know how you tested this, but in a multiplayer game it's impossible. Demons have too high attack damage and rate, too much health. In contrast walls suck.

Set to Awaiting update

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

6. Monkeycat

Monkeycat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you again Paillan for your feedback. I have now updated the description and edited the map to include the things you requested to be changed.

I will also provide more and better screenshots when I have the spare time.

In terms of difficulty I want the map to be hard, but not impossible. I dont want the map to get dull during the mid and end game. I basically want to keep the tension going thought-out the entire game. I have done some changes in terms of the number of demons spawning when you are playing as few people. I have also included tips that emphasizes the necessity of researching to stay alive.

Furthermore, I have added a Single Player warning that states that its easier to play with other people.

May I ask how many people you played with or did you test it alone?

7. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    we tested with 3 people, we died almost instant. Demons simply shredded walls, repair was pretty useless.

8. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    HARD. even with 6 players it was impossible for any of us to get a base going, even if we got ignored for a while, when we got attacked it was by 4 or more demons at the same time, and they shreded walls and towers.
    Eventually we won by running around and spamming great halls to distract the AI.

Until the map is actually a tag, and not just running around forever
    Set to Awaiting update

9. Monkeycat

Monkeycat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for further feedback Paillan! I will reduce the difficulty on all levels in terms of the amount of demons that spawn and grant the players additional bonuses on the easier difficulties to build up a base. Which difficulty did you guys play on?

10. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    We played on normal. Honestly the problem I see is that demons are so fucking strong, not only do they attack fast from the first wave, but also have tons of health and regen.