1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[ORPG] Shadows of Everwood

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Wolfe, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Off-Topic, Again :)
    The wizard was either that, or magi, or even 'weaver'. I felt that because the lore behind the class uses magic more as a science and that the powers they wielded were more stable, words like 'warlock', 'enchanter' or 'sorcerer' didn't fit. For me, a warlock and sorcerer dabble in much darker magic while an enchanter focuses more on hexes, mind control, enchantments, etc.

Hehe, yeah, we're working hard on this still. Admittedly, the demo was a failure mainly due to rushing and family/social pressures but we are still in business! Each class in the demo was sort of taken apart and given to new classes, such as the wizard.

The wizard is sort of our 'versatility' class, covering a wide range of things and not necessarily specializing in them. A jack-of-all-trades, if you will. The wizard also functions well alongside any other class. It's just natural and that is what I am aiming for in each class - functionality and synergy. The next class I reveal is our attention seeker. :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  2. Kl3sk

Kl3sk

Resources:
    Resources:

buuump!

3. Tukki

Tukki

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Wizard Abilities

Wizard class is now finished!

Here are a couple of screenshots!
    (Please note that this is my test map = terrain is very bad)

Conduit
    Conduit.png
    Conduit2.png

Frost Cage
    FrostCage.png
    FrostCage2.png

Purifying Wave
    PurifyingWave.png
    PurifyingWave2.png

Tundra Dome
    TundraDome.png
    TundraDome2.png

Wind Lash
    WindLash2.png
    WindLash.png

Tempest
    Tempest.png

Healing Rain
    HealingRain.png

Chain Lightning
    ChainLightning.png

Flight
    Flight.png

Lightning Tongue
    LightningTongue.png

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  4. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's looking great guys! Really! I just think you're lacking a little bit of hype atm o_O (no body seems interested (why I do not know! D:))

5. Gwy

Gwy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im sure there are many people interested in this map.
    We just dont wanna write the usual "when the next demo is coming out..."
    But were waiting...

6. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Exactly. I really like this project, and waiting for a decent demo that could be played on LAN with my friends.

7. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    We love you guys!

It'll be a busy week for the thread and for us as we're all going through a challenging part of school.

Just to recap what's happening:

• 8th of February - the mighty berserker revealed
    • 14th of February - our first developer's report

And I'd also like to officially welcome back Magtheridon96 to the team as a coder. On top of that, our new coder The_Witcher! :)

Regards,

Wolfe

8. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Wow, Maggy is back on the team... this is cool... ^_^

9. covix

covix

Resources:
    Resources:
    The logo reminds me to Firefox logo

10. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Why does everything look so good? D:

11. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This "ItemGenerator" is in Lua and it writes vJass by generating textmacros in external .j files that get imported into the script.
    Right? :p

I once wrote a TowerGenerator for a TD of mine so I didn't have to touch the Object editor ^.^

12. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    The Berserker

"My sword is my tool, my rage is my weapon."

Rage is widely recognised as the burden of all warriors in battle. It is essential to practice self-control so that you're more primal instincts do not conquer you. The tradition of the berserker dismisses these rules. Embracing their anger, the berserker channels his fury into every strike and uses it to endure any pain or affliction put upon him by his foes. Even at the brink of death, these warrior juggernauts charge forth and fight on in a violent storm of blood and fury. Renowned for incredible feats of strength, they are able to shake the very earth with powerful slams and use any weapon they see fit.

[​IMG]

Berserker Frenzies
    Berserker Frenzies
    Berserkers are able to enter states of reckless abandon known as frenzies. In battle, the berserker relies on his anger to fuel these frenzies and make the devastation of his assault even greater. There are three frenzies:
    • The Fury of the Avenger - for every time you are struck, your critical chance and attack speed increase
    • The Fury of the Slayer - for every time you hit your opponent, your attack and attack critical power increase
    • The Fury of the Vanguard - for every strike made to an ally, your threat gain and armour increase

Armour Class: Heavy
    Weapon Types:
    • One Hand: Axe, Shield
    • Two Hand: Battleaxe
    Innate Attacks: Rupture, Cleave and Angerstrike
    Healing Skills: Enduring Cry & Wall of Rage

As a berserker, you are the attention seeker. You thrive on being in the centre of the battle and attracting the most threat from your foes. This makes tanking an incredibly viable option, but do not be so quick to eschew your damage dealing potential.

The Berserker Uncovered
    How you play as a berserker depends on which frenzy you have active. If you're in avenger, you're going to need to be pumping out some serious damage to gain enough threat so that you are being attacked. If you're in slayer, being the pinnacle of the conflict isn't always necessary but you're still bound to be dealing enough damage to get significant threat. In vanguard, positioning is key. If you're not near your allies, you won't gain any benefit from the passive buff and if you aren't prepared to tank, then more threat gain will likely result in your demise.

Shockwave
    [​IMG]

Stampede through an area in a shockwave of power, knocking foes away as you pass.

Part of the berserker skill sets are what I call 'passage' skills, powerful movement skills which allow you to plough through the battlefield.

Quake
    [​IMG]

Slams the ground, damaging foes and knocking them down.

Quake, like many berserker skills, is area-of-effect. These skills help the berserker maintain threat when faced with scores of foes.

Edge of Heaven
    [​IMG]

Leap to an area, striking all foes on impact and making them vulnerable.

Edge of Heaven allows players to easily move through the battlefield, however it is best used when initiating a fight for easy threat gain.

[​IMG]

EdgeofHeaven0.jpg Quake0.jpg Shockwave0.jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  13. Tukki

Tukki

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    50% wrong :p

A java application generates a GMSI script with item data.

That GMSI script is executed and the GMSI tool creates the item in the map, and generates/updates a .j file that is imported.

14. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, if mag is in the team, then you may want to update the main post :)

The wizard looks good btw (don't know too much about the berserker)

15. Tukki

Tukki

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    An ability preview of the Berserker will arrive... eventually :)

I'm busy until Thursday, so a wild guess would be that it'll be ready next Friday or so.

A little update on script progress:
    The_Witcher has been working on a couple of systems, namely a fog system and a text-display system!

The map is now fully "//! import"-based, which should make it easier for us coders.

Item Generator has been updated to support this change, and I'm going to set up armor-type items during the next two weeks.

I've edited some systems to be a little more robust, but most of my efforts have been focused on the classes.

16. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, as Tukki said, you can look forward to the berserker's skill table on Friday! Hopefully you all come to love it as much as I do!

Quick date change - the developer report will also be this weekend. Sorry, but I kind of underestimated my homework hehe.

17. Palooo3

Palooo3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How is this going guys? Really looking forward to it, not many good ORPGs around, something new with high quallity is allways nice ;) Like Berserker so far
    Keep up good work.

18. -Bloody Hound-

-Bloody Hound-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lovely work guys, this ORPG will be the 'one'.Seriously i cant wait for pure support/heal class.
    Or some kind of a burst melee damage ( 'similar' to Rogue class in WoW ).

19. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Berserker post has been updated with a table full of skills. Be sure to check it out!

@-Bloody Hound-
    Glad to hear your enthusiasm! There wont be a 'pure' healing class, but we do have two classes specializing in different types of support. However, all classes are capable of assuming a supportive role in some form, even the more 'offensively' tuned classes. As for a burst melee class, we have one of those too. ;)

20. Palooo3

Palooo3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I like berserker but only one thing:

Leap to an area, striking all foes on impact and making them vulnerable.

vulnerable = reducing their armor or ?