1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Orpg Game

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Liklers, Aug 30, 2009.

1. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well yeah I like your ideas for the terrain and I was thinking that we could add some mountains(snow on top) to the north maybe some plague lands home for the undead heroes,how about we add the orcs in the destroyed viliage to the desert (home for the orc heroes),1-2 Citys (smaller that the Castle) 4-5 Villages just so the land doesent look empty there could also be dungeons,mines,caves,old temples,Catacombs (dun know if i spelld it right),old castles, and more.
    About the mounts,well we could have that for the mounted heroes (+hp + movment speed) and for the one's who arent mounted we will have a XXXX training (same as mounted heroes)
    For the story,well im not good on starting one...
    For the heroes will just use all the blizzard classes + X custom (rouge,knight,warior that kida shit)
    And finaly for the abilities they should match the hero (not paladin with death coil :ugly: )

2. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    wll... Liklers... If u read other posts me and trolman have already started on the Main story:p read it:p then maybe u can add something or something like that:p

3. Troynl

Troynl

Resources:
    Resources:
    i can maby help with testing.
    and i can maby help a bid with a stroy and help with terraining (i am not realy good but i can always help with it) :D

4. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    well Troynl We kinda have liek 3-4 people that already "can" terrain:p some are good some i do not know of:p but good to have you on the Testing team:p (BTW I am not Leader of Project sadly it's Liklers:p(Kidding(not kidding about that i'm not the Project Leader)))

5. Troynl

Troynl

Resources:
    Resources:
    you can maby put the story so far togeter and take some screenshots so i know what it is :D

6. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey Liklers can I be the lead terrainer?Also you need to spend more time on this,the olny time your on is late night at my place.

Troynl the story is on page 5 and well we haven't startet doing the terrain :C

7. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    trol... I guess u r the lead terrainer:p but still:p i'm one of the Triggers and Itemmakers:p

8. Mendel

Mendel

Resources:
    Resources:
    If there is any space left... i could help... i am great with ideas could help with terrain, GUI here and there you know... items also :]

9. Troynl

Troynl

Resources:
    Resources:
    maby idear race choose is for example:(Rebel) Humans, Dwarfs and things like that
    and at the other side: Orcs, Trolls ...

They aren't allys but because they have the same enemy (Evil Empire) they are neutral to eachother and some even make alliance to destroy the Empire. (1 team start in west and other in east or something)
    (ow and maby no importaint undead because every game have undeads maby only for a dungeon what isn't very importaint for the story)

10. Nurga

Nurga

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, my answer for any ORPG is the same: Tester

Oh damn am I lazy...have to finish my own.

EMail: IllidanHome@web.de

11. Liklers

Liklers

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok im going to start the terrain on the castle and then we will improvise on that there on.

I live in USA Washington State if you guys did not know.

Soo.. The map i started has a little village but i think it should be changed into a castle like i said. Give me Emails please and create a windows live messenger account so we can discuss. Ill give you the map see what you think and we will add to it.

12. Troynl

Troynl

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm i think a castle is to big for starting area.

but the story now is or Rebels agains the evil Empire (city is Evil) (maby Quest where you attack the city with a army)
    or you are a new soldier of the Empire Army where the city is friendly and maby start arena but i think it is better to begin in a training camp when we do that.

because there are to much things in a city for the begin.

an idear is first begin area with some begin quests and last quest your camp/town is attacked by evil and then you flee the town or something (dunno if everybody know now what i am talking about) it is actually just dungeon like where you start and can leave by quest but when you leave you can't enter it again.

13. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    i can't remember saying that u start out as a rebel.. well basclly what we shoud do is that you eather can be Neutral or you can join Rebels:p or maybe i did say something about rebels... Silly me can't seem to Figure out if i did or not well:p I think i woud go with the neutral/rebels Idea wich i just came with:p :smile:

14. Troynl

Troynl

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm when you can choose side there is the problem that players are enemys of eachother because 1 is rebel and 1 is empire

15. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    I diden't say that any1 woud go Emp... It's Nautral And Rebels Rebels gets Rebel quests while Nautrals get's City quests... To become a Rebel u need to be let's say level 20-30 until then ur just a Nautral but Nautral got diffrent quests then Rebels:p and Rebels got Diffrent Quests then Nautral:p You see my point??:psmile:

16. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I say after 20-30 lv the player needs to chose if he wants to be a rebel or an empire soldier/merchant.Before that he's a nautral.

(...)
    {EDIT}

Back on topic
    What should the rases be?I mean i know that the rebels and empire are humans but what about the orcs,trolls,tauren,high/blood elfs,dwarfs,Night Elfs,undead,deamons and other?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2009
  17. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Night elfs blood elf's and High elfs Woud kinda Be a ripp of from Warcraft:p let's say Woodelf Black Elfs and Purple Elfs:) And Let's have Orcs:p and Maybe Trolls:p but not undeads:p or deamons:p we coud have Warlock Class wich can Summon Deamons and that shit:p but no Undead or Deamon Race:p

18. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So no necromancer/deathknight/darkranger/litch?

19. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    NEVER lich and DeathKnights taht's too mutch of a WoW Concept but we can have like this: Necromancer for Dark elfs and Dark Ranger 4 Dark elfs:p both calsses Fits perfectly in it:)

20. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    :huh: Cant we atleast have a deathknight as a boss in some abandoned dungeon/castle/mine/town?