1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

OrcWarlockGuldan.blp

Submitted by -Grendel
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
yet another attempt in skinning.

Keywords:
Orc, Shaman, Elite
Contents

Elite Shaman (Texture)

Reviews
15:57, 21st Nov 2011 M0rbid: First off, works ingame and is a real improvement to the standard Guldan skin. The hair, the bones, the clothes, they look very nice and impressive, really touching that skin up. On the other hand I must agree with...
  1. 15:57, 21st Nov 2011
    M0rbid:
    First off, works ingame and is a real improvement to the standard Guldan skin. The hair, the bones, the clothes, they look very nice and impressive, really touching that skin up.
    On the other hand I must agree with Deolrin about how you need to define different materials more. While looking okay ingame mostly, because of the huge camera distance, the unwrap and portrait face skin does look like metal a lot. For me that is because it is overcontrasted and the colour and light transition is simply to hard. Faces have a less intense and smoother shading and colour variation. (this goes for other parts of the skin aswell, but my major concern is the face)
    I will improve this skin for now without a rating to give you the chance to update this so you can equal the level on all parts of the skin.

2. Dionesiist

Dionesiist

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Looking pretty cool there. Love how you texture bone.

3. Traxamillion

Traxamillion

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Bravo, looks great.

4. rcshaggy

rcshaggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm using this for Gul'dan for my project man.

5. Cakedog345

Cakedog345

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Niiice !

6. Gen Bloodhorn

Gen Bloodhorn

Resources:
    Resources:
    so thats why your not yet submitting models
    yet making a cool skin

7. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    yeah, i'm gonna practice skinning this month.

8. Xian

Xian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome! love it,gj on the bones!

9. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    still looks like a warlock tho :p

shweet work

10. Chucky

Chucky

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Not bad but the color saturation is kind of low, increase it a bit and the contrast...Don't take it personally but I still like the old skin better :( Try making it more original, maybe make some blisters on his face like a disease and fiddle around a bit with the bone texture...3/5 Keep working...

11. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think you should really work on the shading of different materials.
    The orc's skin looks like metal, as does the wood. Too much shiny. The bones and clothes look great, though.

12. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Awesome! Gj! :D

13. Sorvaltis

Sorvaltis

Resources:
    Resources:
    :goblin_good_job: Awesome man!

14. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    looks like you got my face right with this one :D

15. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The folds in the cloth, apart from the lower arm, give the impression it is made of solid material - too high contrast, and/or too short transitions. The straight lines don't really help either. Furthermore, the cloth that is hanging between his legs is mirrored in the UW, this creates an unnatural appearance.

The same issue with the shading is apparent in the face and hair. Hands are a bit weird as well, particularly the highlights inside the palm? On the arms, the shading is fine, but the darkest tone is a little too dark, and a little too bold. However, the primary issue with the arms is that the anatomy is off the chart. The elbow is inside the cloth, but there's two large muscles on the inside of the arm, between shoulder and cloth, and neither can do what they are supposed to. There should only be a visible biceps between shoulder and lower arm on the inside. The deltoid seems to be fine, but it's somewhat stump, try making it extend a little further in it's lower corner. I can't really tell what's going on with the triceps as it doesn't appear on the screenshot - albeit it should. You've made the brachialis (muscle between biceps and triceps on the outside) incredibly large, and it's the largest muscle on the entire arm. It takes a bit of the biceps, and a chunk of triceps, as well as it's own part. The brachialis is commonly only visible from a direct front view of the arm - that is, with the biceps centred - you'll notice some bumps on the outside of the arm, and that's the brachialis. From a side view - that is, with the brachialis centred - you'll only really notice how the deltoid dives in between biceps and triceps, into (it sort of becomes) the brachialis, and because they are so much larger, the brachialis won't really be apparent - so don't define it with deep outlines and a highlight, use midtones.

Lastly, I'm not sure what material you've chosen for the staff, and the scrolls on his back, but it doesn't really appear like anything as of now. I would assume the staff is wood, but it's really shiny and contrasted, and the colour is too grey while being too red at the same time. The inside of the scrolls look like wool, so I was thinking it could be some kind of a pelt, but the outside, again, is indistinguishable.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  16. marko9

marko9

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    NIce, still shiik is right and I whould add that i dont realy like the Icon :)

+rep

4/5

17. Kas

Kas

Resources:
    Resources:
    its...a little...over the top
    its good, and cool, but flashy

18. Matarael

Matarael

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "I will improve this skin for now without a rating to give you the chance to update this so you can equal the level on all parts of the skin."

Don't you mean you will approve?

19. Adaethus

Adaethus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks too much like plastic imho. I love how you texture bone though.