• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orcish Transport Ship

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The game use Undead transport ship for orc race so I edited Human transport ship to Orcish transport ship, however i had to make a new texture for it, i drew something like it's icon but if someone wants to make better sail for it i'll credit to you.
Enjoy.

Change log:
V1: uploaded.
V1.1: Added a new sail and a small team colored flag back of it.
Final version: New animated sail added.
Edited Final Version: Edited the texture.
Previews
Contents

Orcish Transport Ship (Model)

Orcish Transport Ship (clean version) (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A simple texture change and model edit. Might be useful for some people.
Level 23
This looks like a really cool thing to download.
The only real issue is that the Sanity Checker is going off about errors.
May I offer to help you correct these errors?
i know how to fix all of them but if i do it, it'll cause some bugs.
acually i made a mod for classic wc3 and i fixed all models with sanity test and at the end a big disaster happened, however i had to start again from beginning.

Last edited:
Really cool seeing this. It always bothered me that the orc transport ships had a separate icon but used the undead model. One thing I noticed is that the other ships have red team color in their icons, which makes me believe the red sails on this ship are also meant to be team colored

Level 23
Really cool seeing this. It always bothered me that the orc transport ships had a separate icon but used the undead model. One thing I noticed is that the other ships have red team color in their icons, which makes me believe the red sails on this ship are also meant to be team colored
It's impossible to add team color and transparent layer to the sail together.
I can remove transparent layer from it but it doesn't look good.

It's impossible to add team color and transparent layer to the sail together.
I can remove transparent layer from it but it doesn't look good.
I think you can if you create another geoset that follows the same animations as the sail one and it's team colored and fills that part of the sail

Level 23
I think you can if you create another geoset that follows the same animations as the sail one and it's team colored and fills that part of the sail
Maybe should add some more part on it and make them transparent.
Pervious ones can use team color.

Unfortunatly sail use transparent and team color together in texture so there is no way to add team color to this sail but if some one helps me in sail maybe we'll have team colored sail.

Last edited:
i know how to fix all of them but if i do it, it'll causes some bugs.
acually i made a mod for classic wc3 and i fixed all models with sanity test and at the end a big disaster happened, however i had to start again from beginning.
General Frank might help. If you explain the problems to him, he'll help you.

Level 23
General Frank might help. If you explain the problems to him, he'll help you.
Alright When I finished the mod, a strange thing happened during the test, when a unit passed by the building being built by humans, its parts went on that unit.
I think calculate extents caused it, and i couldn't do any thing except start again from the beginning.
@General Frank could i fix it?

"The game use Undead transport ship for orc race so I edited Human transport ship to Orcish transport ship..."

I just realized. The "undead transport ship" looks like a ripoff version of ToD's Orc Transport, nothing exciting. Even its "green canvas" looks uncreative and more like rotten hay.
I feel that the undead transport's overall design could be improved and greatly enjoyed.
Not to get off subject, but I think we're looking at a Virgin vs. Chad scenario.

Last edited:
Level 21
"In Warcraft III: Classic, the Orcish Horde and the Undead Scourge shared the same transport boat. There existed an unused icon for a cut orcish transport that was different. In Warcraft III: Reforged, a proper orcish transport was created."

From WoWpedia and also this is very useful...Didn't like on how the Orcish Horde had to use the same model as the Undead one...

Speaking of which too this is what the Reforged versions look like too...
So yeah at least they did it right.

Attachments

• Orc and Undead Transport Ships.png
    Orc and Undead Transport Ships.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 47