Orc Necromagus

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It meets all expectations and excels in every regard.
Necromancer? Necrolyte? Pffffffffff

fucking Necromagus, bitch!

Credits to:
edo494 for helping me test the optimized model. thanks!

Keywords:
Necromancy, orc, green
Contents

Orc Necromagus (Model)

Orc Necromagus (Model)

Reviews
21:52, 10th Jan 2015 MiniMage: Approving it. Whoop.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 35
I'm actually gonna suggest a pony themed one but I remembered that he already did one before.
Ah yeah, a Pony. I was gonna suggest a... oh what was it now... probably an ominous Troll 'energy ward' Tower with circling tiki masks... or maybe a vicious Jungle Spider ridden by a Troll caster... stuff like that.

You know... Just random suggestions... No particular reason... >:p

Is there something wrong with the polygon counter? That model doesn't look like it has 6000 polies o_O

That's more than 3 times kwaliti's Lich King model.

If you look closely you'll see just how smooth a lot of the mesh is. Making anything look smooth takes a lot of polies. 6,000 seems a bit high but it doesn't surprise me.

Level 20
If you look closely you'll see just how smooth a lot of the mesh is. Making anything look smooth takes a lot of polies. 6,000 seems a bit high but it doesn't surprise me.

Sure, it's smooth. But 6000 polies is still overkill, at least for an RTS game. It's pretty much the same polycount as the new character models for WoD. Which it doesn't really need to be.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the model is awesome. And normally I don't really care for filesize and whatnot but more than half of the polies could be removed and players wouldn't be able to notice it ingame, because it's an RTS. It's just unnecessarily high in my opinion.

Level 41
It's a quirk of the Furion base model, unfortunately. Although I believe it is possible to unhide the original geosets by scaling up the respective bones during Death animation. I don't remember if there are any complications using this method though, I just seem to recall that was a thing I tried out while messing around with Furion.

The same situation occurs with the Knight model, the Skeleton model, and I am certain a few others as well.