1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Do you have good ideas for new contests? If so, please open new threads in the Contest Submission sub-forum to discuss them.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Orc Necromagus

Submitted by -Grendel
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Necromancer? Necrolyte? Pffffffffff

fucking Necromagus, bitch!

Credits to:
edo494 for helping me test the optimized model. thanks!

Keywords:
Necromancy, orc, green
Contents

Orc Necromagus (Model)

Orc Necromagus (Model)

Reviews
21:52, 10th Jan 2015 MiniMage: Approving it. Whoop.
  1. Maximum_Evil

Maximum_Evil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    damn this looks sick! pretty high filesize thou

2. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Vote for director's cut.

3. Jake Kessler

Jake Kessler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I love this. With as many projects as I keep starting set in the WarII-era, I'm definitely bookmarking this beast for later.

4. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I highly doubt i'll get a DC for this one. Mods hate me.

5. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Lies. We don't hate you. You make good crap, they aren't perfect though, you tend to have a clipping in animations a lot recently.
    Not awarding you a DC is not a sign that you're being hated. You seem to think too highly of yourself. a 4/5 is a decent rating imo. ;P

6. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    oh yeah sure. remember the time some mod gave me a dc? then removed it after 3 days? yeah, i remember. boy oh boy, does he hate me back then

7. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    That's one helluva statement there MiniMage ;/

Why wouldn't he think highly of himself now?
    ~Does he not worth to be considered a top modeller?

8. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Wait, you were given a Directors Cut and then got it subtracted? For what did you get a Directors Cut for and when was this? ;o

He's a top modeler, sure. But that's not the issue. Just because you're good doesn't mean you are entitled to directors cut. ;D

Directors Cut is only dished out after the staff has debated in a discussion thread what they think and why they think that. Only then do we give people directors cut. Grendel, while being an excellent modeler in regards to mesh, has like me, not yet mastered the arts of custom animation. We are bound by the limitations of the blizz animations no matter how creative we are.

Now, this does not mean that we are doomed, but it does not mean we will reach the peak either. My judging is rather strict, but his models has been expected to at least land on 4/5 nowadays.
    Grendel produce lumps of gold, not polished diamond, that's my analogy for the current level. Actually, I don't remember if I've given a model 5/5 more than once actually.

For a model to reach directors cut, it'll first be rated 5/5. Then we mods chat, then we up it. That is how it goes. Majority vote decides if it should or shouldn't. I can only assume that the directors cut that was given to Grendel was subtracted due someone acting without a full agreement on the decision. So, again, we do not judge out of hate. Someone just fucked up. A moderator must always be objective in their judgement.. and we have no reason to hate.

9. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No idea what you're talking about. As far as we know you're an excellent, well-respected member of the community. Personally however I would not give this model a D.C because the animations are standard Furion and aren't all that amazing. Besides, you pump out models of this quality by the dozens - going around giving each of them a D.C would be crazy.

EDIT: This is definitely a 5\5 model, though, at least in my opinion. The mesh and wrap are just really great.

10. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I don't mind rating this 5/5 as long as all the clipping in the animations has been taken care of. ;D

Currently there's still stuff there though, so get right on that Grendel.

11. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    its totally not doomguard animations at all

12. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I'm not a lawyer but...
    the last director's cut model was like 2 years ago (2013)
    and here are some statics:
    It had been over a year and there had been no DC model ratings, which I understand mods won't give DC lefts and Right just to match up to the average which is 5-6 a year, but this is one of the most DC deserving models I've seen, which is why I said I vote for DC, because although I'm not any more professional than the moderators, I'm pretty sure this is about the same level and maybe alittle better than the things that have been given a DC and I know moderators can see that too if they compare them together; Moreover minimage said he'd give this a 5/5 if the animations were fixed, but something that already have been given a 5/5 rating is this which I truly believe that -Grendel's model, as is without the animation fixes is quiet better.

In conclusion I believe that -Grendel deserves a 6/5 for this outstanding work that excelled out of the hive's list.

13. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    yeah he's saying that furion animations are not great. last time i knew, latest DC model has doomguard animations and a spam of particle effects.

14. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    what model were yuo given a DC on for 3 days?

15. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Whoa!, the mesh is so awesome, 5/5

16. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    WHY thank you! glad to see someone who appreciates!

17. Merry

Merry

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fixes the awk walk and some of the clipping and it'll be good to go. If that aint DC, then I'll agree theyre haters.

18. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    i'm fixing the said "clipping". if that's what will make the whole world live in prosperity, so be it.

19. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You can do it man. Send us to that happy place! Prosperity awaits!

20. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hey there.

Still working on my comment... But your model (like so many of your others) just really inspired me. Just the way it combined Samwise concept art with Wc2-era nostalgia & Wc3-style goodness... Ah.

I immediately began to be inspired about a custom Hero using this model (& a few of your others), and instead of sitting on my duff (as I am usually wont to do), I went ahead & slapped something together.

So Behold! A silly little "Showcase" map featuring solely -Grendel's work (mainly the Necromagus). Basically just threw together a simple hero with a skillset inspired by the Warcraft 2 Necrolyte from which it's based (with a little Warlock sprinkled in there). It's a minimal mod with the base spells only changed slightly, but using only the Far Seer's spells I think I managed something... interesting. : )

Anyway, hope you enjoy! (I hope to do a better, more custom & thought-out version of this guy... Somewhere. But just wanted to say 'your models are often an inspiration'! :p)

P.S. Actually, this little exercise got me thinking; it'd be really interesting to try and do a little "Hero Rework Challenge" based on this idea (basically, take a particular hero, modify their skillset (& only their skillset) & make an entirely new hero (dif. race, dif. theme, etc)). Hmm...

Attached Files: