• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

orangeTile.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Darkgamma
I made this time ago, but it may come usefull.
Inside, 2 versions of floor texture (512x256 and 256x128) and a cliff texture (256x256).
Fits best with Cityscape\Ruins light scheme.
Additional information inside.
Entire archive (with 3 textures): http://area7.do.am/Res/w3/OrangeCity.zip
C&C welcome.
Contents

OrangeCity (Texture)

Reviews
18:26, 13th May 2009 Hawkwing: Bah, just a bunch of repeating tiles. Chances are they're copy and paste.

M

18:26, 13th May 2009
Hawkwing: Bah, just a bunch of repeating tiles. Chances are they're copy and paste.

I don't get it then. How can costum work be copy-and-paste?
I cant call it freehand, since the editors I use to make textures are node-based or script-based (I setup ways of drawing everything, and program renders the texture itself)

Hmm... since this is made in a texture generator we can't quite call it a CnP but it is not freehand either. so i rate it 2.34/5 Lacking.

if you can do this Via freehand then it will be aproved... like this... not.

~Misha~

Hmm... since this is made in a texture generator we can't quite call it a CnP but it is not freehand either. so i rate it 2.34/5 Lacking.
Well, I'm nowhere near a good graphics artist :sad:
It's still several hours of time to get something that looks very good in a texture generator.
if you can do this Via freehand then it will be aproved... like this... not.
Why not? It looks good, and may be usefull for some. What's about methods of creation if its not violating licences or someones rights?

Level 20
Vadim the Hive skin people are way too strict when it comes to the method that people do things. They hate anything that isn't freehanded typically so don't take it too harshly. Personally I think its pretty good in my opinion. You'd probably be talked quite highly of it at Warcraft 3 Unlimited. They aren't as big of anti-copy and past maniacs as some people can be here. My opinion is it doesn't matter the method so much as the end result. Really if something is out there that can make your job easier I don't see why its so necessary to do extra work.

For example I made this Hylian Shield model that is only 16 polies:

Hylian_Shield.gif

And it looks great because I used screenshots to help me make it. It isn't a perfect match to the game because I didn't want to attempt some parts but I just took parts of screenshots and editted them all to make this. And I thought it came out nice. But it will never be submitted here because I'd be despised for using copy and paste at all. XD

Sorry for it being a little off-topic there. Just pointing out that just because someone is yelling at you doesn't mean its bad. Its just another person's opinion.